Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No 'big game' next season?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2015
    I'm hoping the play off final at Wembley is going to be our big game of next season.

Edit just re read and it says big game at the valley, got be our playoff off semi final, just before we get to Wembley.
  • Any away game where the home Club have an "All tickets a tenner" promotion.
  • It will be when the team going for promotion take over the west stand.
  • Addicted said:

Surely the big games will be against the teams competing for top spot against us?

... or that coveted 12th spot. :-)

• edited June 2015

• Remember the Play Off Final season, of course the game with Sunderland at Wembley was a big game but I also recall the home fixture with them towards the end of the season felt like a really big game - without looking it up I guess we were in or near the only-offs as were they & it was a big deal. Think it ended up a draw but I could be wrong...anyone remember this one?
  • Oakster said:

Remember the Play Off Final season, of course the game with Sunderland at Wembley was a big game but I also recall the home fixture with them towards the end of the season felt like a really big game - without looking it up I guess we were in or near the only-offs as were they & it was a big deal. Think it ended up a draw but I could be wrong...anyone remember this one?

I think it was 1-1, we went ahead with Mendonca scoring for us......I think....
  • Middlesbrough away stands out as the pinnacle of next season.

Our away games against them are always crackers. Who can forget the games of 3rd March '01; 3rd Feb '02; 13 December '03; or in fact our thrilling home game last season.
  • edited June 2015

Middlesbrough away stands out as the pinnacle of next season.

Our away games against them are always crackers. Who can forget the games of 3rd March '01; 3rd Feb '02; 13 December '03; or in fact our thrilling home game last season.

they mullered us in the away game last season .. we were at a low ebb then .. without new blood I fear that when we return to the Riverside we'll be at another low ebb .. the 'Boro owner Gibson is a fan-tastic, he'll put in the cash to ensure that last year's strong squad is just as strong next season .. always enjoy my trips to Antarctic Cold 'Boro though.
  • edited June 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

It is going to be dull without Millwall in the league - I know we always bottle the result, but at least there is excitement around the fixture.

Even the teams that have come up/gone down to join us are pretty bland - Burnley, Preston, Milton Keynes, Hull. Boring.

I've never been to their ground, I wonder what the beer is like.