Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Root canal

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pain is a strange thing, I could sit all day being tattooed.. But have sleepless nights for weeks before a dentists appointment
  • Options
    Like quite a few have said, I found the most painful part of root canal was on my wallet. That said, it did take three visits to complete all the work on my tooth. Whilst it wasn't painful the dentist did drop a drill bit into my open mouth, which fortunately got caught in my throat, which was a little alarming!
  • Options
    brogib said:

Ain't as bad as gout, worst pain known to mankind

Seconded

• Options
    Pussys!

Just had said wisdom tooth out that was growing at a 90 degree angle towards the rest of my teeth.
    Dentist said that he wanted to take photos during the procedure as he was going to show his students the technique that is not used too often! He was taught it by a 'dinosaur' who has long retired! Now I know why the dentist chair is easy clean leather.
    Ok I said,but don't hang about. Had a young girl sticking an Iphone in my face every time he did a manoeuvre . He basically drilled through the middle and cracked the tooth in two. The noise of that crack will live with me for many a day!
    All in all though it went well, only took 25 minutes, he didn't have to cut into my gum ( way of the dinosaur!)so no stitches, and he was happy. Not nearly as much as me.
    You will be able to see the whole precedure in orthodontists weekly,£2.99 in all good newsagents, in due course. ;-)
  • Options
    I've never experienced discomfort with root canal treatment, I've always found it relatively painless, obviously I've always had the injections first.

maybe they haven't given sufficient numbing agent or you have a bogus dentist, it happens.