Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T20 Franchise Cricket

Comments

• Options
    Personally I would be surprised if there wasn't fixed stuff going on in the shorter form of cricket. I mean they can do it in test but there's so much more scope and how brief spell of play can win/loss you the game and a hell of a lot more matches that can be interfered with. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Yeah my mate said if the betting patterns showed it as It clearly did in the infamous Sussex v Kent game a good few years back when I haemorrhaged then that’s probably the best indicator .

was at lords with kids sports teacher (a kiwi) Peter Kelly last week and he was Kent’s strength and conditioning coach for a few years and when that moody match took place when his fellow kiwi chucked it .
    he’s going back to UAE in the summer where he went to after Kent 
    he said there was sooo much match fixing and he could tell 
    ICC sent over some corruption fella an ex Pakistani Colonel who would lean on these players and had ways of making them not fix again ! 
  • Options
    IPL I don’t bother with , the games last season were a joke how they all mainly got to close finishes 
    I think bookies leaning on them for close finishes so they can get the action with the hedging
    so it’s not so important re result just if it swings one way it comes back  
  • Options
    Yeah my mate said if the betting patterns showed it as It clearly did in the infamous Sussex v Kent game a good few years back when I haemorrhaged then that’s probably the best indicator .

was at lords with kids sports teacher (a kiwi) Peter Kelly last week and he was Kent’s strength and conditioning coach for a few years and when that moody match took place when his fellow kiwi chucked it .
    he’s going back to UAE in the summer where he went to after Kent 
    he said there was sooo much match fixing and he could tell 
    ICC sent over some corruption fella an ex Pakistani Colonel who would lean on these players and had ways of making them not fix again ! 
    As you know I worked for Betfair at the time of that Sussex v Kent game but, unfortunately, not in fraud but reported it to that department. They, of course, wouldn't give me anything in return - three years after that game Lou Vincent and Naved Arif were charged and I sent the fraud department a suitably worded email!
  • Options
    Ha ha yep the betting patterns were clear as day that match and I think there was betfair forum chat saying the move to lay Sussex (1.7 -2.4 ) it was during a nothing period of Kent batting , was gonna happen before it happened !!! 
  • Options
    Have heard from my eldest and he says there was nothing unusual in the betting patterns and that he thought that the batting was in keeping with their ability - non existent. 
  • Options

New 60 ball tournament launched in the West Indies , sounds absolutely bizarre 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

New 60 ball tournament launched in the West Indies , sounds absolutely bizarre 
    The voting of the free hit was be complete chaos I bet 
  • Options
    Sydney Thunder all out for 15 in the Big Bash earlier. The lowest recorded T20 total in the professional game.
  • Options
    Scorecard:

Hales 0
    Gilkes 0
    Rossouw 3
    Sangha 0
    Ross 2
    Sams 1
    Davies 1
    Green 0
    Sandhu 0
    Doggett 4
    Farooqi 1 n/o

Short 1-0-5-1
    Thornton 2.5-1-3-5
    Agar 2-0-6-4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was channel hopping earlier and saw the 4th wicket go down. Left it on. Was unbelievable. The Aussie Commentators were brutal. Properly taking the piss out of the Thunder players.
  • Options
    I was channel hopping earlier and saw the 4th wicket go down. Left it on. Was unbelievable. The Aussie Commentators were brutal. Properly taking the piss out of the Thunder players.
    Well deserved I'd say.

If Charlton did cricket teams.  ;)
  • Options
    Charlton Thunder
  • Options
    Nesser has just taken a hat trick for the Heat against the Renegades. The Renegades were 9-4 with Nesser having figures of 4-6
  • Options
    Andre Russell, on the counter attack, is 24 off 13 balls. Nothing that unusual about that apart from the fact that it is made up of four 6s and nine dots!
  • Options
    The Big Bash has been absolutely wonderful so far this season 
  • Options
    I do believe that T20 cricket has, perversely, got better because the wickets, a lot of the time have got worse. It's meant that good bowling and batting is rewarded rather than batsmen always being on top and turning things into, each and every game, a one sided run fest. You want it to be a contest. 
  • Options
    I do believe that T20 cricket has, perversely, got better because the wickets, a lot of the time have got worse. It's meant that good bowling and batting is rewarded rather than batsmen always being on top and turning things into, each and every game, a one sided run fest. You want it to be a contest. 
    Absolutely. Every now and again its great fun to watch a side whack 220/230 on an absolute road. But most of the time the lower scoring games that offer a bit of assistance to the bowlers make for better viewing.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Michael Neser has just taken the most ridiculous of catches. He catches the ball inside the field of play, throws it up as momentum takes him over the rope, catches it mid air 10 yards beyond the boundary, throws it up with feet still off the ground and finally catches it for a third time inside the field. 
  • Options
    That Josh Brown innings was something else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    That Josh Brown innings was something else.
    It was and he has a fascinating backstory. That was his second ever pro game at the age of 29 - he played in the Heat's first match but hasn't since. He only started playing club cricket at the age of 24 and three years ago was playing 3rd grade club cricket. Last season he was in the 2nd grade and it is only as a result of scoring over 1,000 runs in the first grade in the first half of this season that he got picked up. His "proper" job is a bat maker!
  • Options
    Michael Neser has just taken the most ridiculous of catches. He catches the ball inside the field of play, throws it up as momentum takes him over the rope, catches it mid air 10 yards beyond the boundary, throws it up with feet still off the ground and finally catches it for a third time inside the field. 

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Definitely not out . Was it given out ? 
  • Options
    Definitely not out . Was it given out ? 
    Under the Laws of the Game it is out because at no time was the fielder in contact with the ball and the ground beyond the rope - it was the timing of the jump mid air and release of the ball that allowed that to happen. Sheer brilliance and execution. 
  • Options
    But was it given out ? 
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Yes
    Indeed but it took a good few minutes of deliberation. Imagine that catch being taken on a Saturday afternoon at a vital stage of the game. No video technology and the Umpires having to give a decision from 80 yards away. It's out or 6 runs. The match being decided by that.

I'm just glad I score or even get to watch the game now instead of being in the middle having to make that decision! 
  • Options
    By the book it’s out and it’s a great bit of instant thinking but the rules have to be changed in my opinion . 
  • Options
    By the book it’s out and it’s a great bit of instant thinking but the rules have to be changed in my opinion . 
    They were only recently changed to make this legal! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    They were only recently changed to make this legal! 
    I thought they’d recently changed to stop this , a season or two ago , well something like this,  as in you couldn’t step back over the rope and then make first contact with the ball to prevent me running 20 yards behind the rope levitating/jumping off an advertising board and catching/ lobbing/ flicking the ball back for someone inside the ropes to catch .
    This is different because first contact happens inside the rope so maybe that’s the difference