Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

this isn't a football free summer after all

Comments

• Options

And we accuse Millwall of being knuckle draggers...

Okay sorry I was lying, I actually love women's football and I think the standard is very high
  • Options

And we accuse Millwall of being knuckle draggers...

Okay sorry I was lying, I actually love women's football and I think the standard is very high
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEZunJmyjw
  • Options
    Because people don't enjoy the pace, or the quality of it does that make them sexist? Sometimes it feels like we're not allowed to be negative regarding womens football as we'll be deemed sexist. Not just here, but in general.

I have personally tried to watch it a few times, and it's usually worse than watching Charlton. Fair play they're improving all the time, but it still doesn't make it fun to watch.

The one part I did enjoy......Hope Solo the US keeper. She was a very good keeper, and a right looker too. In a non-sexist way.
  • Options

She was a very good keeper, and a right looker too. In a non-sexist way.

There isn't a non-sexist way
  • Options
    So if you say your girlfriend is good looking your sexist ?

Looks like the only way is Gay.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

if I ever need reminding of the casual sexism that lives on this site, just put a thread about women's football on here, and watch the stereotypes flow

Here we go!
    Its not because they are women, it because its shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like watching the occasional game of womens football, so other people don't like it, big deal. I find it amusing that people have to go on about how shit it is. If you don't like it, don't watch it, its not compulsory and I am sure the BBC are paying very little to cover it and it may bring in a different audience to watch football which then will transfer to their viewing figures of the mens game next season. But if you don't like it, don't watch it.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I like watching the occasional game of womens football, so other people don't like it, big deal. I find it amusing that people have to go on about how shit it is. If you don't like it, don't watch it, its not compulsory and I am sure the BBC are paying very little to cover it and it may bring in a different audience to watch football which then will transfer to their viewing figures of the mens game next season. But if you don't like it, don't watch it.

People are "going on about it" because there was a thread made about it.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

People could also do without being called knuckle draggers and sexist just cos they don't like it and give reasonable reasons as to why.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

But if you don't watch it then you are sexist

And possibly a communist.....
  • Options
    Every time my missus has a go at me for putting men's Football on the tele I'm going to call her a sexist, see how she likes it.
  • Options
    Belgium v Germany in u17's on Eurosport now
  • Options
    I only watch women's football so I can objectify the players and work out how I can exert my domination over them
  • Options
    edited May 2015

JiMMy 85 said:

The dimesions of a football pitch are designed based on the average height of a man. Which is why women are too short to use the goals, and why it looks like so much hard work to run around. Reduce the size of the pitch by a few yards, and the goal by a foot, and I would give it a chance.

Average height about 150 years ago but not now. A 21 year old is now about 4.3 inches (11cm) taller that in the 1870s. The rules of Association football were codified in 1863 and the first cup final in 1872. Cross bars came in during the 1870s.

So by that argument women's football is closer to the "real" thing that the men's game : - )
    You know that popped into my head as I was typing it. But then I figured, how stupid must men's football have been for 100 years? It's only now that we have grown to the requisite height for the pitch to be the right size!

Women shouldn't have to wait a hundred years.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Womens football is shit right now maybe in Years to come it will get better, but it is proper pony and it can only be that shit because they are women, no other reason
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Kap10 said:

No there wasn't there was a thread about summer football which also includes u17s, u21s cola america
  • Options

Kap10 said:

People could also do without being called knuckle draggers and sexist just cos they don't like it and give reasonable reasons as to why.
    Don't disagree.

• Options

I dont see how saying womens football is crap to watch is sexist?

The fact its incredibly slow, makes the game extremely hard to watch. I find Italian football difficult to put up with at times for exactly the same reasons!!

You won't enjoy watching the Italian women's team then!

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Talal said:

Kap10 said:

No there wasn't there was a thread about summer football which also includes u17s, u21s cola america
    Please, initial post mentions the women's world cup only.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The under 21 tournament in June will be fascinating to see which England senior players will play for England. Kane, Barkley?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Kap10 said:

Talal said:

Kap10 said:

Please the title talks about a summer football
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

The under 21 tournament in June will be fascinating to see which England senior players will play for England. Kane, Barkley?

Forgot all about that
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Talal said:

Kap10 said:

Talal said:

Kap10 said:

Please the title talks about a summer football
    Oh ok so people are supposed to disregard the initial post and go and research what other football may or may not be on over the summer before posting.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The first post and thread title are intrinsically linked as by the same person and in relation to the title. Therefore not football free BECAUSE of the women's football.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

She was a very good keeper, and a right looker too. In a non-sexist way.

There isn't a non-sexist way
    So I can't think she's good looking? Do you not find the opposite sex attractive? Or are you asexual because that won't be sexist then will it, you won't have a view. If I'd said I have no clue how good she is but her tits are banging, then yeah that's sexist. You fill your boots spouting your bollocks though.