Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

this isn't a football free summer after all

Was not really looking forward to this summer, obviously no World Cup or Euros

But fear not I have just seen that BBC have all games from the Women's world cup.

Now I know some people won't care but this is coming from a man who got up to watch 2 Japanese games a few years ago because they was on the red button( Just before Chelsea played in the club world cup)

At the end of the day football is football and I am glad I have some to watch in june now.

Comments

• Options

Can you open a thread for every game during the tournament? Will make it easier to follow. Cheers Paulie x

Will do it for 3 kisses
    Not for 1 I ain't cheap
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Will be fascinating to see how the women's game has come along now that it's being taken remotely seriously by men and by women
  • Options
    Womens football - Horah . Cant Wait.
  • Options
    Meh I've grown fond of watching Argentine football in my spare time (class goals down there), a good replacement for a few months while Charlton aren't playing. Can't get much into Women's football I'm afraid
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Meh I've grown fond of watching Argentine football in my spare time (class goals down there), a good replacement for a few months while Charlton aren't playing. Can't get much into Women's football I'm afraid

Did you watch the Super Classico on Sunday ? Cracking game and well deserved win for Boca.

Likewise I'll be watching the Argentine, Brazilian (BT) & Copa this summer.

Enjoy the women's World Cup !
  • Options
    I can just go and watch a bunch of lads in the park if I want to watch low low low quality football.

Rugby league for me!
  • Options
    Zzz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Womens football is equality gone mad.
    It's utter toilet. The quality is appalling I would rather they televised men's Sunday league games.
    How the BBC can justify spending our money on such low quality sport when there are other top quality sports out there is beyond me.
  • Options
    Think its called diversity.
  • Options
    Better than watching Homes Under The Hammer
  • Options
    Saw two very good games at London 2012 in the women's tournament, GB v Brazil and the gold medal game USA v Japan. At the top level its pretty decent football, so will be watching when I can.
  • Options
    Think we're disappointed with women's football because they don't whip their shirts off when they score apart from one American who did it.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Think we're disappointed with women's football because they don't whip their shirts off when they score apart from one American who did it.

No, its because it pony.....
  • Options
    The goalkeepers are better than those in the African Nations Cup.
  • Options

The goalkeepers are better than those in the African Nations Cup.

I do partially agree with that, however if you kick the ball at least 6ft in the air them women keepers are getting no where near it.
  • Options
    Euro under 17 championship starts today on EuroSport.
    England kick off v Italy tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mls for me, about the same level as women's football but at least they have people like Giovinco, Kaka, Villa, Gerrard (soon), Dempsey, Martins, BWP, Sam and Dwyer
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Think its called diversity.

I think its called running low on live sport to screen.
  • Options
    I don't mind a football free summer, tend to look forward to the new season more. Still, the women's world cup is effectively football free I suppose...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Rossman92 said:

Did you watch the Super Classico on Sunday ? Cracking game and well deserved win for Boca.

Likewise I'll be watching the Argentine, Brazilian (BT) & Copa this summer.

Enjoy the women's World Cup !
    Didn't quite get home in time for it, but saw the highlights and it looked like a great one. Boca still yet to lose this term
  • Options

And we accuse Millwall of being knuckle draggers...

Just because they are the best women doesn't mean it is a good spectacle or standard.

I wouldn't watch the pensioners World Cup or the Boy Scouts World Cup either for the same reason.
  • Options
    The dimensions of a football pitch are designed based on the average height of a man. Which is why women are too short to use the goals, and why it looks like so much hard work to run around. Reduce the size of the pitch by a few yards, and the goal by a foot, and I would give it a chance.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The dimesions of a football pitch are designed based on the average height of a man. Which is why women are too short to use the goals, and why it looks like so much hard work to run around. Reduce the size of the pitch by a few yards, and the goal by a foot, and I would give it a chance.

Average height about 150 years ago but not now. A 21 year old is now about 4.3 inches (11cm) taller that in the 1870s. The rules of Association football were codified in 1863 and the first cup final in 1872. Cross bars came in during the 1870s.

So by that argument women's football is closer to the "real" thing that the men's game : - )
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The dimensions of a football pitch are designed based on the average height of a man. Which is why women are too short to use the goals, and why it looks like so much hard work to run around. Reduce the size of the pitch by a few yards, make them dress in frilly knickers and stick an ironing board at each corner flag to give them something to do during half-time, and I would give it a chance.