Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A big thank you Charlton FC and supporters

2»

Comments

• Thanks for your lovely comments. Good luck in the Premiership!
  • Congrats to the Cherries and glad they enjoyed their day out at The Valley. I hope they do well next season. I am glad we managed to get ourselves out of trouble when we did as I wouldn't have fancied needing to beat them to stay up. They have done it the right way this year, playing very good football and scoring loads of goals. Away from home especially they have dished out some good hidings scoring 8, 6,5,4 in the process. I don't think many teams will fancy going to their place.

As for all of the thanks and gratitude we have received. Well, we might argue amongst ourselves and voice strong opinions about our club but deep down we all know when it comes to class we are number 1 without any doubt. I mean, look how kind we are to Millwall every year ;)
  • I don't know @afcbchampions2015 ...you come on here, all nice and stuff and take all our "likes" as well!! Bleedin' cheek!! :wink:

Should be used to it by now, but I hate the feeling whenever we lose. That said, you came along on Saturday and did what you have done all season. Played great, attacking football and entertained. I wish you all the best in the Premiership and hope you can retain as much of that style as possible.

We'll join you one day!
  • WSS said:

This is from the echo:

CHARLTON ARE A CLASSY MEMBER OF THE FOOTBALL FAMILY

Cherries were granted a standing ovation by the home crowd as soon as news of Watford’s draw filtered through.

Charlton are a club, like Cherries, that knows the true meaning of hardship and their recognition of AFC Bournemouth’s achievements was warm and heartfelt.

A guard of honour from their opponents followed before handing over to long-serving Cherries announcer Mike Botto for the presentation.

Thoughtful acts and sheer class from top to bottom.

For gawd sake. Why couldn't we be more hostile to them :wink:

Congrats to bournemouth, Eddie, the team and fans. Deserve it more than anyone else in the league.

All the best in the prem.
  • Still feel uneasy about the Russian owner. But otherwise, only admiration for the team and their supporters. When the first goal went in I heard myself blurting out " what a good goal", and I never do that for a Charlton opponent. Let's face it, there could have been six more before half time if they had neeed them. It was a Championship football master class
  • Bournemouth were the best team in the division no doubt but were the 4000 or so fans they brought from Rent-a-Crowd?
    They were quiet as mice at their place.
  • Bournemouth were the best team in the division no doubt but were the 4000 or so fans they brought from Rent-a-Crowd?

Agree with you completely
  • Sponsored links:

All seater stadia throughout the country.

Home fans, you hear a pin drop
    Away fans on the drink and get behind the team