Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A big thank you Charlton FC and supporters

Thank you, Charlton FC and supporters.

The decision from your club to let us have additional accommodation in your West Stand was a marvellous gesture and I do apologise to those of you that were inconvenienced and those who also were angry with the decision. Also note the farce you seem to have had with the vouchers- not great. But the chance to be at the game where we could continue the promotion celebrations and in the end win the league was superb. I know Bournemouth have and will replicate the gesture to clubs if similar situations occur at our club and I will certainly appreciate what it will mean to those supporters and would not hesitate to oblige.

Why Im here today and have felt obliged to register on this forum is what a number of our fans and myself have commented on, the sheer friendliness and warmth that emulates from your club. From the accommodation arrangements in the West Stand, friendly stewards (who went out of there way to be helpful - big shout out to the steward directing supporters at the West Stand entrance who arranged help for myself to get upto the concourse, to your fans applauding our winning the league. It was such a pleasure visiting your club (my first visit).

You have a club and supporter base which you should all be very proud of - Thank you so much and good luck in the future, think you could be an addition to clubs I keep an eye on when the scores come in.

Comments

• You obviously didn't bump into Viewfinder then
  • Cheers, all the best for next season
  • se9addick I'm a ruined state today and have turned down any attempt from my wife and kids to join in with the day. Callumcafc think we have been very lucky with Yann, and I know from his comments at the time of his signing to us he was very sad to leave Charlton who had resurrected his career.
  • Enjoy your day on the beach tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck to AFCB, like to play you in that league.
  • Good luck for the season, hope you get six points from palarse, and manage to stick it to the so called big clubs
  • You may have dropped your Athletic but we haven't : - )
  • Ah, yes (Sir) Henry, but before a ball is kicked in anger next season, the team at the top of the Premier League will be AFC Bournemouth & Boscombe.
  • You may have dropped your Athletic but we haven't : - )

We've still got the AFC but seems TV and football league have dropped it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck - you play good football and will nick some surprise results next season and will survive.
  • Fair play to you old son....good luck to AFCB in the prem.....glad you enjoy your day in SE7.....you can always rely on CAFC when you want a good day out.
  • Totally echo the comments, I'm sure all the other afcb fans will agree ... Classy club and fans. We all had a great day, all the best for next season.
  • As someone who is a very bad loser normally.
    My Easter was a write off this year from 5PM on Good Friday.
    This was the first time i didn't feel gutted when the away fans celebrated not only a win but the championship. The only things i can imagine is the Yann factor,
    the great attacking football, and Weymouth is the one place i can go and chill out.
    Plus i always get a tan when i'm in Dorset.

I really hope what go around comes around, and we can have a good reputation that away fans enjoy coming to the valley but go home with nil points in future.
  • Good luck! Have had a big soft spot for Bournemouth as a club and as a place since doing a couple of big boozy weekenders there when we were playing each other in League One.

Was absolutely gutted that I wasn't able to get down there for the same activities during the last couple of seasons.

Bournemouth will absolutely be my team of choice in the Premier League.
  • This being the 25th anniversary of the Valley Party's success at the ballot box, I looked back at my 1990 diary. On May 5th 1990 - the Saturday of a Bank Holiday weekend - Charlton, already relegated, lost 1-0 at Old Trafford in the final game of the season. Meanwhile, at Dean Court, AFC Bournemouth lost 1-0 to Leeds Utd, the hosts being relegated and the visitors being promoted to the First Division. Rioting and violence occurring around Bournemouth following the game. (Quelle surprise).
    Dismay, then, but, 25 years on, as your team triumphs in winning the Championship league title - well-deserved - I offer you all my best wishes.

• Just to extend our goodwill , I think we should give the JBG and Gomez on free transfers
  • Good luck to the Cherries next season!