Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bad Performances Happen - Get Over It

2»

Comments

• I am merly trying to get into the players psyche. Does anyone really believe that players don't want to play well? They want to play well every game. But when you play a sport proffessionally or not you are not going to be able to do well each time. Our players are honest enough to be disappointed that they did not play well enough. They wanted to play well against Bournemouth and Watford for that matter. It can look like to the naked eye that they may not be trying but that could not be further from the truth. The players did not play badly on purpose. FACT!

When you don't play well it is never a case of bad performance "End of!" You have to find the reasons why you did not play well and what you did wrong. And look to ways that will make you better next time around. If you don't things will carry on going wrong. Simples.

I know I am a million percent right.
  • purdis said:

purdis said:

What I think some fans need to do is see it from the players point of view not just their own selfish blinkered point of view. Yes the players earn good money. But that is nothing new. Some fans need to try being pro footballers and see what it's like being a professional footballer and see how they like being told they are not trying. Many fans probably would not be able to run 50 metres without getting tired. If they could spend a week in the company of the players they would realise the players care and not mercenaries.

It's always going to be difficult for passionate football fans who pay good, hard-earned money to watch their heroes, to accept that for some pro footballers it is just a job and like Joe Public they have good days when they're up for it and others when they're not.

For me, I would expect pro players to be professional and pull the stops out for every game. I never have understood why some players don't put in the effort when they have replacements waiting in the wings for them to mess up - but most footballers are not that bright and are arrogant, so it's no real surprise when you think about it.

Good luck to the lads if they can drive a Porsche, wear a Rolex and Gucci shoes but the fans expect them to justify those luxuries on the pitch every game.
    Ooooooo Jelous!
    Not in the slightest, Addick FC & Offy - just want value for money!
    Hope they all get to drive Bugatti Veyrons - that will mean we're Champions League - init.
    I was joking mate.
  • I am merly trying to get into the players psyche. Does anyone really believe that players don't want to play well? They want to play well every game. But when you play a sport proffessionally or not you are not going to be able to do well each time. Our players are honest enough to be disappointed that they did not play well enough. They wanted to play well against Bournemouth and Watford for that matter. It can look like to the naked eye that they may not be trying but that could not be further from the truth. The players did not play badly on purpose. FACT!

When you don't play well it is never a case of bad performance "End of!" You have to find the reasons why you did not play well and what you did wrong. And look to ways that will make you better next time around. If you don't things will carry on going wrong. Simples.

You seem to be posting while sober now. I still don't agree with you ............

(what club should i go and support?)
  • Daggs said:

I am merly trying to get into the players psyche. Does anyone really believe that players don't want to play well? They want to play well every game. But when you play a sport proffessionally or not you are not going to be able to do well each time. Our players are honest enough to be disappointed that they did not play well enough. They wanted to play well against Bournemouth and Watford for that matter. It can look like to the naked eye that they may not be trying but that could not be further from the truth. The players did not play badly on purpose. FACT!

You seem to be posting while sober now. I still don't agree with you ............

So you reckon players play badly on purpose?
  • edited May 2015

Daggs said:

I am merly trying to get into the players psyche. Does anyone really believe that players don't want to play well? They want to play well every game. But when you play a sport proffessionally or not you are not going to be able to do well each time. Our players are honest enough to be disappointed that they did not play well enough. They wanted to play well against Bournemouth and Watford for that matter. It can look like to the naked eye that they may not be trying but that could not be further from the truth. The players did not play badly on purpose. FACT!

Big difference between deliberately playing badly and being up for it and putting it in for 90 minutes and for every game.

The Championship clubs are so similar technically that it takes something extra to become top dog - that something extra is made up of motivation, team spirit, responding to the Manager and coaching staff and, most importantly, work rate.

To confirm this, look at Bournemouth.
    A squad of rejects, League 2 & League 1 players with a few stars brought in for the final push to the land of glory.
    On Saturday they worked their socks off - a completely different gear to CAFC and they have obviously all worked to become better players, as well as working at playing as a team.

Quite simple, really - on paper!
  • Daggs said:

I 'reckon' when a game has no meaning for a team and the season is almost over. The players MAY not put in the necessary effort, which can lead to a team getting a beating at home by three goals.
    I feel such an attitude among highly paid professional footballers is wrong and unfair on supporters, It is however, human nature.
  • Daggs said:

Daggs said:

I 'reckon' when a game has no meaning for a team and the season is almost over. The players MAY not put in the necessary effort, which can lead to a team getting a beating at home by three goals.
    I feel such an attitude among highly paid professional footballers is wrong and unfair on supporters, It is however, human nature.
    indeed it is, who would risk a broken leg in a last ditch tackle the day before you go on holiday.

• I know I am a million percent right.

No you're not. Only my missus is.

• I know I am a million percent right.

Please don't ever use this phrase again.

By the way, which Charlton player are you? Originally I thought Solly, but now I'm thinking Church.
  • purdis said:

Daggs said:

Big difference between deliberately playing badly and being up for it and putting it in for 90 minutes and for every game.

The Championship clubs are so similar technically that it takes something extra to become top dog - that something extra is made up of motivation, team spirit, responding to the Manager and coaching staff and, most importantly, work rate.

To confirm this, look at Bournemouth.
    A squad of rejects, League 2 & League 1 players with a few stars brought in for the final push to the land of glory.
    On Saturday they worked their socks off - a completely different gear to CAFC and they have obviously all worked to become better players, as well as working at playing as a team.

Quite simple, really - on paper!

I'm sure walking out that dressing room at ten past twelve on Saturday our lads wanted to perform and in the mind were up for it. But right away Bournemouth put us on the back foot and suddenly the tide is against you and you can't find form. Yes it could have been managed better by the boys. Bur I must admit that I myself am guilty as charged with that sort thing not managing situations better. That is what it was on Saturday. Some probably lost calmness.

But the point I'm making is bad performances do happen and we should not be surprised. I'm not saying we should not be disappointed about it just not surprised. Technically of course they should not happen by sadly they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a pity you didn't type that in your opening post. It's more of a pity, you resorted to the 'go and support someone else then' line, because someone disagreed with you.
  • Daggs said:

It's a pity you didn't type that in your opening post. It's more of a pity, you resorted to the 'go and support someone else then' line, because someone disagreed with you.

In fairness it's probably hard to handle being disagreed with when you know you're a million percent right.