Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chips at the Valley

Comments

• Options
    Just ask for a Vetokele of chips please
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    LenGlover said:

Just ask for a Vetokele of chips please

Number 14 very good Len, expected though from a man with a head for figures :wink:
  • Options
    Chips!?! You got to buy chips?!? Where? Lucky barstewards!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Is Chips (at the Valley) the long awaited follow-up to Sabrina Johnston's uplifting old-Skool 1992 anthem, Peace (in the Valley) ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V59V-GrfokA

Thanks to you this has been in my head since you posted :anguished:
  • Options
    14 chips for £3 according to my calulator that is 21.428571p a chip and what is more they don't taste very nice even loads of salt on them.
  • Options

14 chips for £3 according to my calulator that is 21.428571p a chip and what is more they don't taste very nice even loads of salt on them.

Have you considered that it was the "loads of salt" them made them taste not very nice.

• Options

Have you considered that it was the "loads of salt" them made them taste not very nice.

They tasted horrible without salt and the salt made no difference
  • Options

I wouldnt chip in more than 20p for one if my friends were buying.
    Any more and I would feel I was being a salt ed.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Is Chips (at the Valley) the long awaited follow-up to Sabrina Johnston's uplifting old-Skool 1992 anthem, Peace (in the Valley) ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V59V-GrfokA

Thanks to you this has been in my head since you posted :anguished:
    I get it every time this thread pops up near the top of the forum. It's slowly driving me bananas

• Options
    The Valley chip saga continues........................into it's 5th day! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    E-cafc said:

The Valley chip saga continues........................into it's 5th day! ;)

9 more days to reach 14 !!
  • Options
    The new zookeeper

A man got a job as a zookeeper, on his first day at the zoo he was walking past the aviary when he saw a beautiful finch. He reached into the cage and caught the bird to give it a stroke. Unfortunately he squeezed too hard and killed the bird. In a panic he threw the dead bird into the lions cage to get rid of the evidence. As he was walking away he accidentally knocked over the Bee hive exhibit. The hive crashed to the ground and the bees began to swarm out. In a panic he stomped all over the hive and killed the bees then threw the lot over the wall into the lions cage. As he walked past the Monkey cage he turned to see all the monkeys taking the Mickey out of him. He flew into a rage and entered the monkey cage and punched the first monkey he saw, killing him outright. In a panic now he also threw the monkey's body over into the lions cage.
    The next day the zoo introduced a new lion to the lion enclosure. The lion walked up to the leader of the pack an old and wise lion and said "Hi mate, I'm new, just got here from Africa, what's this place like then?"
    "It's all right here mate" said the old lion. "What's the food like then?" said the newcomer.
    "Not too bad" said the old lion "Last night I had finch, chimps and mushy bees!"
  • Options
    This is a serious matter and no place for jokes.
  • Options
    I haven't got time to read the thread, but has anyone spotted that for the first time on Saturday they literally halved the size of the container and the portion offered previously. That's it for me, I will bring my own food rather than be ripped off.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

I haven't got time to read the thread, but has anyone spotted that for the first time on Saturday they literally halved the size of the container and the portion offered previously. That's it for me, I will bring my own food rather than be ripped off.

14 CHIPS !!!
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Did you count how many chips granpa? There's a few on here that would actually be interested to know.
  • Options
    Well sod your 14 chips I only got 3 poxy smallest fecking jersey royal spuds with a sparrow sized chicken breast and a spit full of gravy on Sunday at the poty do,

Even fat rob who ain't fat no more was still hungry

• Options
    Seems like our catering is doing it's bit to cure Britain's obesity problem.
  • Options

Well sod your 14 chips I only got 3 poxy smallest fecking jersey royal spuds with a sparrow sized chicken breast and a spit full of gravy on Sunday at the poty do,

Even fat rob who ain't fat no more was still hungry

Please tell me you're joking & you weren't there on Sunday, NLA !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was there table 36 fanny, did you nick my spuds??
  • Options
    And me gravy
  • Options
    Fanny, sorry mate, I was at the POTY as you know, and I have to say the food, errm, left a lot to be desired. I know how hard you worked, and it seems rather churlish to mention it, but for the money (others) paid I was thinking a top of the range Waitrose sandwich, a Waitrose bears claw pastry, and a salad tub, with a Cafe Nero coffee would've cost £9 maximum and would've been 100% nicer nosh.
    BTW the chips in Charlton Village are the best locally but used to be better, but you get about 50 for a kids portion costing £1.20.
  • Options
    Did you count how many chips granpa? There's a few on here that would actually be interested to know.

No, I just looked at the smaller portions being served and I said ' you've had your chips mate '.
  • Options

Have we done the 'too many people with chips on their shoulder' gag yet?
  • Options
    How much are they ?
  • Options

Have we done the 'too many people with chips on their shoulder' gag yet?

I have read about 14 posts with those gags!

• Options
    Chips everywhere.
  • Options
    I've got chips for lunch
  • Options
    Chips are down