Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chips at the Valley

Comments

• Options
    I'm not too keen on the chips taste wise.
  • Options
    14!
  • Options
    Likewise the one in Charlton Village.
  • Options
    The best chip was JBG to Watt for the 2nd goal against Leeds.

Or was that a dink ?

The only different was one you eat and the other you guzzle!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Is Chips (at the Valley) the long awaited follow-up to Sabrina Johnston's uplifting old-Skool 1992 anthem, Peace (in the Valley) ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V59V-GrfokA
  • Options
    Is this someone's idea of nouvelle cuisine?
  • Options
    The word chips will forever be associated now with the number 14 !
  • Options
    Tavern said:

14 chips!!!!

14 cold chips
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, the Valley chip saga enters it's 3rd day! ;)
  • Options
    I was wondering about the shape of the chip. It's important to me. Can't stand the McChip thin ones - at least the 14 chips are of a suitable girth
  • Options

I was wondering about the shape of the chip. It's important to me. Can't stand the McChip thin ones - at least the 14 chips are of a suitable girth

Girth is apparently more important than length. I personally think they all taste the same once liberally dashed with salt and vinegar. ......What ?

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2015
    I've got Chelsea's one man went to mow song in my head. And yes, I have gone up to 14.

1 chip into Tavern's, into Tavern's belly, 1 chip and his dog, Spot - into Tavern's belly.
  • Options
    I was thinking more.....

http://youtu.be/PzAJ5P97MsA
  • Options

Is Chips (at the Valley) the long awaited follow-up to Sabrina Johnston's uplifting old-Skool 1992 anthem, Peace (in the Valley) ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V59V-GrfokA

Mushy?

• Options
    Chippie in Charlton Village is top notch. Gave up buying the crap they serve up in the ground years ago.

The surprise is, that Belgian clubs operate like rugby clubs in this country - decent food and Belgian lager - and the fans arrive early, then stay late. I would have thought this mob would have brought that mentality with them. Perhaps that's what they are trying to do with Crossbars. Over charging for crap food ain't doing them any favours.
  • Options

They are not chips- they are gourmet organic Belgian pomme-frites and you should be bloody grateful that Mr D goes to the trouble of feeding you losers at all.

Excellent value (for the owner) I say..

• Options
    Tavern, how much are the chips? You haven't mentioned the cost. And does said cost represent value for money? Please be more clear.
  • Options
    Just back from a week away. Have been laughing about chip fiasco. So just text my step daughter and she confirmed to me "14 chips".

Shocking!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chips happen

• Options
    What exactly constitutes a portion
  • Options

Only opened this because I thought it said Chimps at The Valley.

14 Chimps! For £3!.......

....sounds like Millwall are back :smile:
  • Options

I'd have to ask the wife
  • Options

It's a bit like a bunch of bananas, we need an EU directive on this.
  • Options
    Not surprised by price of food at Football grounds, but it does amaze me how clueless some of the staff in the East Stand are.

Last week I gave the young lad behind the till a £10 note, and his body language suggested I'd asked him to look after a bomb for me.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Not surprised by price of food at Football grounds, but it does amaze me how clueless some of the staff in the East Stand are.

Last week I gave the young lad behind the till a £10 note, and his body language suggested I'd asked him to look after a bomb for me.

May not have seen one before in his Country ?

Are the staff new every week ?

I didn't queue that long at Wimbledon.

If you can count the number of Chips in a portion it's not enough .

• Options
    cafctom said:

did you just smile at him or actually ask for something?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

It's a bit like a bunch of bananas, we need an EU directive on this.

Where's Len when you need him ? ;0)