Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    tgarrat1 said:

Richardson on the left would be a snip

I think he played for Samuel Montagu boys club

• Options
    cafcfan said:

The Mirror has the worst, bar none, rating for its football transfer rumours with an utterly dreadful 22% accuracy.

Is that 22% higher than our rumours thread?
  • Options
    No way would we be able to afford Cole. Nor does he fit into our 'under 25 and inexperienced' mantra.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

cafckev said:

After yesterday, why would Man Utd be interested in the new Keith Jones?

Keith Jones was a good player
    Did a great job for us. Really rated him.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

tgarrat1 said:

Yes he did was a few years younger than me and lived at the end of my road I still speak to him now and again if I see him, owns a big house by footscray meadows and floats about the area alot
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

tgarrat1 said:

Yes he did was a few years younger than me and lived at the end of my road I still speak to him now and again if I see him, owns a big house by footscray meadows and floats about the area alot
  • Options

tgarrat1 said:

Biggest mistake was not signing Bulot at the end of last season when he was a Liege player

I still don't understand that one. It should have been the easiest deal of the summer. The one Standard Liege player we actually wanted.
    No brainer, international winger, completed our midfield. Showed excellent commitment, pace and really started to settle into English / Championship football. Typical Charlton,....
  • Options
    And he's scoring goals like this :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXiCUE_ClFA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    He wanted to come too...BUT the apparent rumour is that as we got Tony Watt for peanuts, Liege wanted a decent sum for Bulot and Roland didnt want to pay it (but Rennes obviously were willing to do so).

Looks a bad decision in hindsight as does our reluctance to cough up the money needed to buy James Henry, now he's signed a new contract at Wolves. Failure to sign a good left winger on a perm or on loan has undoubtly cost us dear during Sept as we were close to looking like we could challenge for the playoffs had we had a bit more depth.
  • Options
    We have nothing to fall back on, we can't bring a player off the bench like Derby brought on Tom Ince & Sir Darren Bent last week. Ipswich are a good model, buying experienced players relatively cheap, with no-egos! My friend is an Ipswich fan and said Jonathan Douglas (free from Brentford) is unbelievable!
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:

We have nothing to fall back on, we can't bring a player off the bench like Derby brought on Tom Ince & Sir Darren Bent last week. Ipswich are a good model, buying experienced players relatively cheap, with no-egos! My friend is an Ipswich fan and said Jonathan Douglas (free from Brentford) is unbelievable!0

Why what's he been saying?
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:

We have nothing to fall back on, we can't bring a player off the bench like Derby brought on Tom Ince & Sir Darren Bent last week. Ipswich are a good model, buying experienced players relatively cheap, with no-egos! My friend is an Ipswich fan and said Jonathan Douglas (free from Brentford) is unbelievable!

I'm not sure Derby is a good comparison, they're spending vast sums to get promotion, more than I would expect RD to cough up.

Ipswich are a better model, more like Charlton under Curbishley really, buying cheap players with good character, and blending them with youngsters, paid for by the sale of Mings in the summer, though having said that they're only 6 points above us in the table
  • Options

tgarrat1 said:

I'm not sure Derby is a good comparison, they're spending vast sums to get promotion, more than I would expect RD to cough up.

Ipswich are a better model, more like Charlton under Curbishley really, buying cheap players with good character, and blending them with youngsters, paid for by the sale of Mings in the summer, though having said that they're only 6 points above us in the table
    I wasn't suggesting we are like Derby, simply that we don't have the resources / subs to impact a game! 6 points would have been beating Rotherham & Huddersfield (two awful sides, we made look average), which I would have taken at this point!
  • Options

Simon Makienok ‏@SimonMakienok 2h2 hours ago
    back in there very soon

I wonder, does that mean Sunday or does it sound like, after the international break?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

back in there very soon

I wonder, does that mean Sunday or does it sound like, after the international break?
    Sad to say I would assume he means back in training so doubt we will see him Sunday. Rather have him back 100% fit than rush him back.
  • Options
    League One high-flyers Gillingham have agreed a deal to bring Charlton Athletic defender Harry Lennon back to the club on loan, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

League One high-flyers Gillingham have agreed a deal to bring Charlton Athletic defender Harry Lennon back to the club on loan, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

I don't see this as a bad move. Gives Lennon some much needed competitive game time. Obviously Diarra, Bauer and Sarr are the first choice defenders, plus Fox can move into the middle if needed in an emergency, so can Cousins.

• Options
    i'm guessing we can recall lennon at any time if we do have an injury/suspension
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    LOAN | @HLennon94 has joined @TheGillsFC on an initial one-month, youth loan deal http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-harry-lennon-loan-gillingham-2722914.aspx … #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    The 20-year-old academy graduate spent part of last season with the Gills, playing two games in League One http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-harry-lennon-loan-gillingham-2722914.aspx#QF4cfUt3CouHA1Lk.99 … #cafc

now confirmed on OS twitter.

Seems a good move for Harry but in an already thin squad seems an odd move for us.

Still, saves a few bob on wages so we get nearer to hitting budget and that is what matters.

Took the words right out of my mouth, maybe someone is coming in, where's Colin? He knows everything that is going on at the hub.
  • Options

He wanted to come too...BUT the apparent rumour is that as we got Tony Watt for peanuts, Liege wanted a decent sum for Bulot and Roland didnt want to pay it (but Rennes obviously were willing to do so).

Looks a bad decision in hindsight as does our reluctance to cough up the money needed to buy James Henry, now he's signed a new contract at Wolves. Failure to sign a good left winger on a perm or on loan has undoubtly cost us dear during Sept as we were close to looking like we could challenge for the playoffs had we had a bit more depth.

But Roland could and should have transferred him before he sold Liege.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

back in there very soon

Hopefully Sunday. He was in the video that the OS Twitter feed put out earlier of the team preparing for Sunday.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

With Obileye, Thomas out on loan why would we loan out another centre half? We would only have Diarra, Sarr and Baeur. Why would you leave yourself exposed like that? Whoever is making these decisions knows nothing about football.

It is a great way of getting him match fit and if do have to recall he is ready to come straight in. Worth doing IMHO even without the wages.
  • Options
    For those hoping one day we might tempt Scott Parker back, here is the reason it will not happen:

Quote from Fulham over Parker's ongoing injury problem
    The club’s biggest wage earner at close to £75k-a-week found that not even the use of a state-of-the-art weight bearing treadmill got him over the line.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!