Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Thought lessons were learnt last season that Cousins has to play in the middle. Looked so much more balanced with him in the middle and the whole team looked more balenced. Don't know why we have gone back to this.
    Also Cousins, Kashi and Ba all seem pretty similar players to me.
    Vetokele looks a third of the player he was and KAG is not ready yet.
    Don't get how before the window closed we needed 3 players and now we get one and that is all we are getting.
    Mid table and lower half of mid table beckons again

To be fair we looked balanced because we had a quality left winger (Bulot). The problem is that he wasn't replaced in the summer, indeed we also let Eagles go and sent Callum out on loan, so we are struggling to find anyone who can play that position well. Maybe our new loanee is the solution?
  • If we're after a left winger, I think I've spotted a pretty decent one playing in France...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXiCUE_ClFA
  • Moussa is playing matches with the u21s, does that make anyone feel better?
  • What a goal that is
  • Football League Twitter account is reporting Henry is in talks to extend his Wolves contract.
  • Football League Twitter account is reporting Henry is in talks to extend his Wolves contract.

We were the Real Madrid of this saga. Why don't we offer a loan with a view to a permanent in January.

We were the Real Madrid of this saga. Why don't we offer a loan with a view to a permanent in January.
    'Cos we either can't or won't afford him.

• Charlton are eyeing teenage portsmouth forward Conor Chaplin (Daily Star)
  • Charlton are eyeing teenage portsmouth forward Conor Chaplin (Daily Star)

Yeh but can he play LM or for those of my era, outside left, get to the bye line and feed Big Mak with a ball on his nut?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Charlton are eyeing teenage portsmouth forward Conor Chaplin (Daily Star)

Yeh but can he play LM or for those of my era, outside left, get to the bye line and feed Big Mak with a ball on his nut?
    Only if big mak decides to jump for the ball
  • Match report in The Sun says we are trying to loan Will Buckley from Sunderland. No idea whether it has any substance but would be a useful addition.
  • Match report in The Sun says we are trying to loan Will Buckley from Sunderland. No idea whether it has any substance but would be a useful addition.

Going to Leeds.
  • Buckley would be very useful but I read somewhere that Sunderland have the 8th biggest wage bill in the Premier League (hardly commensurate with their level of performance). On that basis, I imagine the outlay (including any loan fee) would be far too rich for Roland's blood and, quite frankly, I don't blame him.
  • Blucher said:

Buckley would be very useful but I read somewhere that Sunderland have the 8th biggest wage bill in the Premier League (hardly commensurate with their level of performance). On that basis, I imagine the outlay (including any loan fee) would be far too rich for Roland's blood and, quite frankly, I don't blame him.

True - but if they think we can get him completely match fit, and learn into the process by playing in a tough league - then they will probably pay the bulk of his wages. Don't suppose we paid too much to get Coquelin on loan - and look what happened there!
  • Well we do desperately need more wingers on loan. We've just seen what happens when you play a bottom 3 side with a left back playing left wing and a forward on the right.
  • Blucher said:

Buckley would be very useful but I read somewhere that Sunderland have the 8th biggest wage bill in the Premier League (hardly commensurate with their level of performance). On that basis, I imagine the outlay (including any loan fee) would be far too rich for Roland's blood and, quite frankly, I don't blame him.

If they have the 8th biggest wage bill then the return is simply shocking. I was actually thinking of starting a new thread to highlight just how shit football in the north east, but can probably sum it up right here. Sunderland have just been woeful for ages now. Season after season they somehow manage to retain their Prem status. Last season was particularly bad including the 8-0 defeat at Soton. But just look at the players they buy. They are the retirement home for average players like O'Shea and Brown. Their forward line is dire. Graham, Fletcher and Defoe (don't know the other one Advocaat bought in, but know he'll be shit).

Fletcher only scored against Gibraltar last season, and IMO when he got photo'd with that Supercar, summed up everything wrong with the modern game. Here is a shit player, with no goals, able to buy something that most people couldn't afford to hire for one hour. Only in football can you be that shit, and have what he has. The test is relegation. Some of these players manage to get bought by the promoted clubs or other teams around the bottom, but if Sunderland got relegated, you'd like to think he and Graham would be back in the Championship where they belong.

And then Newcastle. They've appointed someone who football has forgot. Don't rate McLaren. He did well in his earlier career but you listen to his interviews, I can't see him inspiring a team to achieve what the fans expect up there. The whole club is run badly. The owner wanted to sell, is disliked by the fans. It's a bad atmosphere. I'd be very surprised if both, def one of them doesn't go down
  • Both Sunderland and Newcastle in the Championships, that would be interesting.
  • vff said:

Both Sunderland and Newcastle in the Championships, that would be interesting.

With Middlesbrough next season if the dont go up?

Next biggest club round that way would be Hartlepool in League Two and Gateshead in the National League!!

Because .. Henry does not want to come here .. could that be the answer ?
  • Sponsored links:

• vff said:

Both Sunderland and Newcastle in the Championships, that would be interesting.

So next season on Sky, will be all Newcastle, Sunderland and Leeds...
  • Ansah was loaned to Newport for a month on 20 August. Not been a good loan for him but they are bottom of the league.

Will he come home now especially as we are short of forwards or does another loan beckon?
  • bizare he wasn't picked up by anyone else before now.
  • Ansah was loaned to Newport for a month on 20 August. Not been a good loan for him but they are bottom of the league.

Will he come home now especially as we are short of forwards or does another loan beckon?

At the moment Watt is fit, along with KAG and Kennedy, plus McAlveny is meant to be a forward. They (Charlton) say Vetokele is fit and I don't think Mak will be out for too long. You've seen him play and rate him quite highly, I've never seen him play so will take your word for it, but he'd be 6th choice at the moment.

I would imagine Luzon would give KAG and Kennedy a run ahead of him. So I reckon he'll go out on loan again
  • edited September 2015
    Henry, given your support for Ansah, can you join my campaigns for Connor Gough and Nadir Ciftci?
  • To play alongside Simon Church presumably :-)

I guess MKD are missing Dele Alli, I knew he was good but the way he's settled in at Spurs has been really impressive
  • To play alongside Simon Church presumably :-)

I guess MKD are missing Dele Alli, I knew he was good but the way he's settled in at Spurs has been really impressive
    STRIKEFORCE
  • cabbles said:

Blucher said:

If they have the 8th biggest wage bill then the return is simply shocking. I was actually thinking of starting a new thread to highlight just how shit football in the north east, but can probably sum it up right here. Sunderland have just been woeful for ages now. Season after season they somehow manage to retain their Prem status. Last season was particularly bad including the 8-0 defeat at Soton. But just look at the players they buy. They are the retirement home for average players like O'Shea and Brown. Their forward line is dire. Graham, Fletcher and Defoe (don't know the other one Advocaat bought in, but know he'll be shit).

Fletcher only scored against Gibraltar last season, and IMO when he got photo'd with that Supercar, summed up everything wrong with the modern game. Here is a shit player, with no goals, able to buy something that most people couldn't afford to hire for one hour. Only in football can you be that shit, and have what he has. The test is relegation. Some of these players manage to get bought by the promoted clubs or other teams around the bottom, but if Sunderland got relegated, you'd like to think he and Graham would be back in the Championship where they belong.

And then Newcastle. They've appointed someone who football has forgot. Don't rate McLaren. He did well in his earlier career but you listen to his interviews, I can't see him inspiring a team to achieve what the fans expect up there. The whole club is run badly. The owner wanted to sell, is disliked by the fans. It's a bad atmosphere. I'd be very surprised if both, def one of them doesn't go down
    Was speaking to a Sunderland fan at work today, he was born and bred up there. After the initial playoff final Clive Mendonca taunts we had some good chats about both clubs.. He said in all honesty that Sunderland are forced to offer huge conracts and long ones as well just to persuade players to go to Sunderland. And then when they turn out to be shit they're stuck with them...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!