Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options

Why Morrissey decided to go to all the expense of hauling a whole show in and out of three different venues in one city in four nights...

I know Brixton was announced after the other dates & "quite recently".
  • Options

Why Morrissey decided to go to all the expense of hauling a whole show in and out of three different venues in one city in four nights...

Because he's a talentless twat?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Okay so this has also really annoyed me...

Just had a message from my Wife who has had to go down the road for a Midwife appointment... Because it is easier to walk than drive (Parking at the Centre is a nightmare), she decided to walk and put the baby in the buggy / carry cot!!

She's just been told that Buggies arent allowed inside the building and that she'll have to leave it outside (thankfully they've given her a lock so that she can chain it against the bike shed)... Seriously though, what do they expect? - A baby cant walk at that age so how else is a Mother expected to get their child somewhere, especially if unlike my wife, they dont drive!!
  • Options

Just had a message from my Wife who has had to go down the road for a Midwife appointment... Because it is easier to walk than drive (Parking at the Centre is a nightmare), she decided to walk and put the baby in the buggy / carry cot!!

She's just been told that Buggies arent allowed inside the building and that she'll have to leave it outside (thankfully they've given her a lock so that she can chain it against the bike shed)... Seriously though, what do they expect? - A baby cant walk at that age so how else is a Mother expected to get their child somewhere, especially if unlike my wife, they dont drive!!

That's beyond ridiculous. especially for what sounds like a very young baby.

I can understand that in Cafes etc, but at a midwife's office, presumably in a doctors surgery that's farcical.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That's beyond ridiculous. especially for what sounds like a very young baby.

I can understand that in Cafes etc, but at a midwife's office, presumably in a doctors surgery that's farcical.
    She's also taken him down in the Carry Cot so he can lay down, rather the the Car seat so if someone on here wants to help themselves to it by all means do as you cant chain that bit up!!

Other Mums are there too apparently who have gone with Nan's, with the latter waiting outside with their buggies... Yet its a good thing its not raining or freezing cold for those!!
  • Options
    Why is one radiator in the house heating properly only about a third of the way up then freezing (despite being roasting directly underneath) and the rest of them are absolutely fine?
  • Options

Why is one radiator in the house heating properly only about a third of the way up then freezing (despite being roasting directly underneath) and the rest of them are absolutely fine?

Could be an air lock, have you tried bleeding it from the valve at the top?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I stress I am no plumber but an airlock in the radiator would cause that. Bleeding it might help.
  • Options

Sounds like it to me
  • Options

It’s only just been noticed so haven’t tried anything yet but we had the boiler fixed recently and bled them all then (whilst trying to find out what that problem was)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve no doubt you’re right guys, I’ll have to do this one again tomorrow

Thanks
  • Options

Because if you have 20 buggies inside in the corridors and waiting areas it is a fire hazard.
  • Options

It’s only just been noticed so haven’t tried anything yet but we had the boiler fixed recently and bled them all then (whilst trying to find out what that problem was)

If they had drained the system, then there could be air elsewhere in the system and it’s taken time to get around and into the rad.
  • Options

I’ve no doubt you’re right guys, I’ll have to do this one again tomorrow

Thanks

Also, if you have a fairly modern boiler in a sealed system (no header tank in the loft) remember to check the pressure meter on the boiler. Always bleed radiators while the system is cold and then recheck the pressure meter - the pressure will drop after bleeding and the boiler will need to be refilled. (Bleeding is best done cold for accurate pressure meter readings). Youtube is your friend here, there are dozens of explanatory videos for both tasks.
  • Options
    Life.
  • Options

Do you live in Bromley borough by any chance?

Shut clinics/weigh in centres for fun and cram everyone in the borough into the same one on the same afternoon. No communications on buggies and stuff. I'd invest in a sling, if your baby will go in one - makes these things a lot easier.
  • Options
    The fact that Lincoln v Exeter is on TV @ 3pm on Saturday... Didnt think this was allowed?
  • Options

The fact that Lincoln v Exeter is on TV @ 3pm on Saturday... Didnt think this was allowed?

Close season technically I guess...
  • Options

There are no English Prem/League games at 3pm Saturday (Tranmere in the non league final).

Prem games are on Sunday.
  • Options
    How Jack Grealish's terrible hair manages to stay in that position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

How Jack Grealish's terrible hair manages to stay in that position.

A ton of gel?
  • Options
    Cement I think
  • Options
    AFL
  • Options
    Guests turning up at one of the properties I look after at 23.00 tonight and not wanting a welcome pack. They don't have a car, nearest pub is a mile away - if it's still open. I assume they are coming in and going straight to bed. Funny old way to start a holiday if you ask me...
  • Options
    When and how did it become acceptable for statues of Buddha to become garden ornaments. It's neigh on impossible to visit a garden centre these days without tripping over some short bald bloke having a squat. There's also plenty of those younger more effeminate curly haired Budds too.

You don't see other cults being appropriated like that by horticulturists. No one says, 'ooh do you know what will set my azaleas off just right, a stone carving of a Jewish bloke being traumatized with some nails'. And god help those naughty Charlie Hebdo types should they ever decide to open a nursery doing a nice little sideline in Mohammed shaped fountains.
  • Options
    And another thing. How come Buddha goes from asexual-youth with a curly topper to a pie eating bald man with no transition period?
  • Options
    Compooters.....I hate ‘em!