Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

92 club..and way beyond.

Comments

• Options
    sorry,coventry 'superfan' was 84/115.my money was on betty or jean.or sid.or paul from fareham.
  • Options

i urge anyone,for there must be a few,to contact the numpty at the daily mirror who thinks 115 grounnds is unbeatable.a coventry fan recently completed the 92,or a 92 as it must be now,though in my eyes it doesn't count if it ain't 91 vs your team,attending 84 v coventry.i myself have seen charlton at 91 other clubs,114 including new stadia,yet this doesn't include 8 teams knocking around in leagues 1+2,4 of whom we've never met,and accrington in 1924,and 4 now non-league that i never made it to.so,technically speaking,if i'd started going in 74/5 instead of 81/2,done those other 4 and the new cardiff,i could be on 98 teams at 122 grounds.

Seems an unnecessary rule to me, though I understand why you have it. I've done a few games as a neutral and I find that I enjoy them more than I enjoy watching Charlton games as I don't really care who wins.

I'm early on in my pursuit of the 92. Tomorrow will bring up 38 when I go to Kenilworth Road. I'm going partly because it's an easy groundhop to do and partly because, with our season drifting towards its end, I'd rather go and spend my money on going to a new ground (particularly when our game is a Gold fixture).
  • Options
    each to his own.who else sat on the coach watching only fools and horses as oldham or bury was postponed and had no interest of doing preston v colchester until we played preston?!.enjoy luton.i envy your anticipation of the fixture list and the cup draws!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

@Pedro45 was correct we did play Torquay in a friendly in a south west tour in either 98 or 99. I know because I went, and I don't think friendlies officially count on the '92' club. I'm only going to new grounds now, and don't think I'll ever do the 92 because I only go to watch Charlton. I could do the 92 quite easily because I am on 74 (only 2 of those without seeing Charlton play there), but I am unlikely to want to make the effort to get them out the way of my own accord.

Like others, I have lost Grimsby, Stockport & Barnet to the conf, and Coventry and Colchester to new grounds. So if I were still to include old grounds plus conf sides plus Torquay, I can say I've seen Charlton at 78 grounds. Even more if I add old and new.

But to keep it simple if someone asked me I would say I've done 74 of the current 92. I wish I could say all 74 were with Charlton, but Chesterfield was to see them play Wimbledon (went up there for a mate's 30th), and Wimbledon was their opening home game of the 2012/13 season with the same mate (we had Brum away). The Chesterfield one was a real ball ache, as I was going the season before when we won promotion from League 1 when it got called off, and couldn't make the re-arranged Tuesday game.

The only way I'll knock some of these pins off is successive relegation, which we don't want.

I think friendlies do count, I understand that it just has to be an organised match between two senior sides to count.

What about the Kent Cup ? It is technically a senior competition so would away games in that competition count towards your 92 ?

I'm at 67 in the England, need to come up with a plan to get through the other 25 over the next few years.
  • Options
    blimey,we're going to have more laws than the f.a. i didn't include our other 2 homes as they were also aways,so i'm up to 93/117 on an amalgamation of all rules so far(excluding permanent non league teams)some will have done the scottish,european and chinese friendlies too!
  • Options
    Yes, neutral grounds do not count (Spanish tour for instance), but Anglo-Italian does. Grant is right, each person has their own rules - mine is that I have seen Charlton play away against 91 league clubs - unless you go by the official "92 club" rules.
  • Options

i urge anyone,for there must be a few,to contact the numpty at the daily mirror who thinks 115 grounnds is unbeatable.a coventry fan recently completed the 92,or a 92 as it must be now,though in my eyes it doesn't count if it ain't 91 vs your team,attending 84 v coventry.i myself have seen charlton at 91 other clubs,114 including new stadia,yet this doesn't include 8 teams knocking around in leagues 1+2,4 of whom we've never met,and accrington in 1924,and 4 now non-league that i never made it to.so,technically speaking,if i'd started going in 74/5 instead of 81/2,done those other 4 and the new cardiff,i could be on 98 teams at 122 grounds.

Seems an unnecessary rule to me, though I understand why you have it. I've done a few games as a neutral and I find that I enjoy them more than I enjoy watching Charlton games as I don't really care who wins.

I'm early on in my pursuit of the 92. Tomorrow will bring up 38 when I go to Kenilworth Road. I'm going partly because it's an easy groundhop to do and partly because, with our season drifting towards its end, I'd rather go and spend my money on going to a new ground (particularly when our game is a Gold fixture).
    Doing Hartlepool v Exeter on Saturday 25 rather than the delights of Birmingham. That will be 83 of the current 92
  • Options
    Currently on 88 out of the 92 league grounds (Attended Newport v Bury last saturday) 120 League grounds in total now which includes seeing Charlton at 100 of those.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Currently on 88 out of the 92 league grounds (Attended Newport v Bury last saturday) 120 League grounds in total now which includes seeing Charlton at 100 of those.

Great!! Some one who smashes Coventry man out of the water. Get on to the Mirror now man!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

That's brilliant going.

If I may be so bold, what length of time is that over ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

shirty5 said:

That's brilliant going.

If I may be so bold, what length of time is that over ?
    Since 1981. Only when we got relegated to League One in 2009, I then decided to make a conscious effort in trying to do the whole lot.

I don't collect train numbers, so I guess this is my equivalent
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

shirty5 said:

Great!! Some one who smashes Coventry man out of the water. Get on to the Mirror now man!
    I would say Clive smashes my numbers though re Charlton games. 116 is highly impressive.
  • Options
    The fans who I think have the best shout of having done almost all the 92 team with their team are

Wolves
    Wigan
    Wimbledon
    Portsmouth
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The fans who I think have the best shout of having done almost all the 92 team with their team are

Wolves
    Wigan
    Wimbledon
    Portsmouth

Don't forget Bradford, from the Premier League in 2001 down to League 2 a few years later.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Wolves
    Wigan
    Wimbledon
    Portsmouth

Don't forget Bradford, from the Premier League in 2001 down to League 2 a few years later.
    Good shout.
  • Options
    @RedPanda - this threads all yours mate :smile:
  • Options

@RedPanda - this threads all yours mate :smile:

I'm on 131 but 40 or so of those are foreign ones as a neutral. Stew's actually been to more with Charlton than me, something like 95.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have done the current 92 and did count friendlies . I was lucky last season because Cambridge and Luton's promotion meant I didn't need to add any new grounds.

in terms of Conference promotion contenders this season I have done Barnet , Bristol Rovers , Grimsby ,Macclesfield and Woking if they go up but would need to visit Eastleigh or Forest Green.

There is an excellent site called Doing the 92 where you can keep an electronic record of your travels.

http://www.doingthe92.com/

In terms of Charlton I think that since 1970 there are 7 current grounds we have not played on Accrington , Burton , Cheltenham , Fleetwood ,Morecambe ,Newport and Northampton .

A further 2 Crawley and AFC Wombles if you want to discount friendlies .

Has anyone done all of the available grounds with the Addicks ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I cannot compete with Clive, or that should be Sir Clive.

My list is not too bad however.

At present I have been to 89 of the 92 current grounds, although I have seen a game at each club except Fleetwood.

With Charlton I have been to 79 of the current 92, but including new grounds that reaches 98.

Also I have been to 34 non-league grounds(although may have missed a couple from list) with us and seen us play in Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Italy and Holland.

So have definitely been to 137 grounds with Charlton.

http://www.footballgroundmap.com/grounds/england

The above link is great.

An added respect to Mr Rock Spectacle
  • Options

Doing Hartlepool v Exeter on Saturday 25 rather than the delights of Birmingham. That will be 83 of the current 92
    I gather Exeter have sold out!
  • Options
    could be short lived under some rules if they go,or we can stop dreaming of cheltenham next january,or cross off tranmere. a quick one for johnnyjoeydeedee-why no tommy?that would mean shouting 1-2-3..!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Richard J said:

I have done the current 92 and did count friendlies . I was lucky last season because Cambridge and Luton's promotion meant I didn't need to add any new grounds.

in terms of Conference promotion contenders this season I have done Barnet , Bristol Rovers , Grimsby ,Macclesfield and Woking if they go up but would need to visit Eastleigh or Forest Green.

There is an excellent site called Doing the 92 where you can keep an electronic record of your travels.

In terms of Charlton I think that since 1970 there are 7 current grounds we have not played on Accrington , Burton , Cheltenham , Fleetwood ,Morecambe ,Newport and Northampton .

Played Northampton in the milk/league cup in 86/7 or 87/8, although of course that was at the old County Ground.
  • Options

Richard J said:

Played Northampton in the milk/league cup in 86/7 or 87/8
    88/89 at the County Ground. Not played them at Sixfields.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

@Pedro45 was correct we did play Torquay in a friendly in a south west tour in either 98 or 99. I know because I went, and I don't think friendlies officially count on the '92' club. I'm only going to new grounds now, and don't think I'll ever do the 92 because I only go to watch Charlton. I could do the 92 quite easily because I am on 74 (only 2 of those without seeing Charlton play there), but I am unlikely to want to make the effort to get them out the way of my own accord.

Like others, I have lost Grimsby, Stockport & Barnet to the conf, and Coventry and Colchester to new grounds. So if I were still to include old grounds plus conf sides plus Torquay, I can say I've seen Charlton at 78 grounds. Even more if I add old and new.

But to keep it simple if someone asked me I would say I've done 74 of the current 92. I wish I could say all 74 were with Charlton, but Chesterfield was to see them play Wimbledon (went up there for a mate's 30th), and Wimbledon was their opening home game of the 2012/13 season with the same mate (we had Brum away). The Chesterfield one was a real ball ache, as I was going the season before when we won promotion from League 1 when it got called off, and couldn't make the re-arranged Tuesday game.

The only way I'll knock some of these pins off is successive relegation, which we don't want.

A relegation to the fourth division would do wonders to my tally I have to say................................
  • Options

blimey,we're going to have more laws than the f.a. i didn't include our other 2 homes as they were also aways,so i'm up to 93/117 on an amalgamation of all rules so far(excluding permanent non league teams)some will have done the scottish,european and chinese friendlies too!

Don't forget the Tunisia friendlies in 1975 ...I was there :smiley:
  • Options
    did you get a programme?
  • Options
    There was no programme but have the tournament pennant and a number of pictures of our fans on the terraces.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Don't forget the Tunisia friendlies in 1975 ...I was there :smiley:
    Teamsheet?