Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

92 club..and way beyond.

i urge anyone,for there must be a few,to contact the numpty at the daily mirror who thinks 115 grounnds is unbeatable.a coventry fan recently completed the 92,or a 92 as it must be now,though in my eyes it doesn't count if it ain't 91 vs your team,attending 84 v coventry.i myself have seen charlton at 91 other clubs,114 including new stadia,yet this doesn't include 8 teams knocking around in leagues 1+2,4 of whom we've never met,and accrington in 1924,and 4 now non-league that i never made it to.so,technically speaking,if i'd started going in 74/5 instead of 81/2,done those other 4 and the new cardiff,i could be on 98 teams at 122 grounds.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    It's the 78 word sentence that gets me.
  • Options
    never had stronger than ibuprofen,and don't you have to like dance music to take that shit?
  • Options

never had stronger than ibuprofen,and don't you have to like dance music to take that shit?

• Options

Take a chill pill pal, what you getting yourself worked up about???

• Options
    it all comes down to simon church.it's my first day posting so i'm getting carried away.also,we're all charlton so it ain't a personal on you.
  • Options
    Is it your first day on a keyboard as well?

Simon Church is Charlton as well, chill out new season starts in 4 months, he'll be scoring shit loads for Brentford
  • Options
    recent weeks have increased my fear that someone,somewhere,thinks he'll be of use when igor burns out and watt depletes the ice caps.talking of caps,i don't do them.i'm a builder,not a suit.
  • Options
    ok, mate, be lucky, Im oot.
  • Options
    you too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome to CL.
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options

it all comes down to simon church.it's my first day posting so i'm getting carried away.also,we're all charlton so it ain't a personal on you.

This is the first post I've read of yours mate, and you're doing better than a few I can think of!

Welcome to CL and ignore anyone else.

As far as the topic is concerned then it sounds like you're winning anyway; so why don't you set them straight? I don't have a PhD in maths but 122 is greater than 115 as far as I'm concerned! Set em straight mate!

As for the grammar Nazis? I forgot that everyone here has wrote Ivor Nevello winning lyrics or a Pulitzer Prize winning novel. F' em.
  • Options
    Thanks Paulie.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I agree that this can easily be bettered. I have seen Charlton play games away against 91 league clubs. Some of these are now non-league (Grimsby, Southport, etc, for instance), and some have new grounds that I haven't visited (Derby, Bolton, etc). Some teams I have seen play at different grounds (Bradford, Bristol Rovers, etc). I have no intention of doing the "92" as I only want to watch Charlton play. Every season I look forward to visiting maybe one, two, or three new grounds (it gets less every year...) if I am lucky. I always hope we get a team I haven't seen us play away at in the cups, just to give me one extra. I know other Charlton fans who have much better "statistics" than me, and I would suggest come very close to if not better than the Coventry guy mentioned.

Maybe someone on here can tell us how many different clubs Charlton have played against since 1970 (an arbitrary date), and on how many different grounds, which will give us an idea of the maximum possible?
  • Options
    i think there have been 98 since 1970 including teams now non league and teams we've only played in cups and friendlies.i'm not sure,but it's at least 124 different venues as teams have moved/shared/temped.the cup draw is getting like the lottery,and with our record/reigonalisation/quality of teams we've never played,the likelihood of a tasty league cup draw is slim.
  • Options

recent weeks have increased my fear that someone,somewhere,thinks he'll be of use when igor burns out and watt depletes the ice caps.talking of caps,i don't do them.i'm a builder,not a suit.

Welcome to CL Grant.
    We are a eclectic mix of people.
    From Barristers to Bar steward's.
    From Builders to Benefits bods.
    From Baggage handlers to Baliffs
    From Bakers to Bankers (quite a few of those)

Your be in for a bumpy ride(Patent:Henry)
    But it's great craic.
    COYR.

• Options
    dear lucky reds,i realise my late night post disappeared up it's own backside in a flurry of commas,brackets and long-winded sentences,but i have attended at 91 clubs and 114 grounds.remembered this morning that bristol rovers have played us at more than the one i did,and counting the ones i haven't done(between '74 and '80 before my time),the 4 i missed and 1 since moved but not yet visited,i make it 98 possible at 124,so someone must be better qualify to represent charlton than me.
  • Options
    ooh-aah.like most people here,i do hate millwall.not so much our failiure to beat them,though i was there in the snow,but for what they're like,do and stand for.on the day,i dislike the stripey pyjamas-geographically and years of renting their pig sty.i also despise west ham.add to that list anywhere that has attacked us for no reason,and anywhere i happen to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time,plastic pitch merchants,long ball/giant thugs/rapists/myopic managers,etc,and you pretty much have the lot!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So here are the 92 current league clubs. I’ve added others (now non-league) who I know we have played since 1970, plus a couple that I know we haven’t (in league or cup games anyway). There are 104 teams shown, and by my reckoning, we haven’t played Darlington, Torquay (I think we played a friendly at Plainmoor, but I haven’t counted that..), Accrington, Burton, Crawley, Cheltenham, Fleetwood, or Morecambe in league/cup matches away. That makes 95 clubs we have played, plus any that I may have missed (Grant suggests that there are 98?), plus us. In brackets I’ve added the number of grounds each team has played home games on since 1970 – this was off the top of my head, so may not be entirely accurate. There are over 30 teams who have played on more than one home ground, so in theory, a supporter could have seen his team play at approaching 130 league grounds over the years.

Arsenal (2)
    Aston Villa
    Burnley
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace
    Everton
    Hull City (2)
    Leicester City (2)
    Liverpool
    Manchester City (2)
    Manchester United
    Newcastle United
    Queens Park Rangers
    Southampton (2)
    Stoke City (2)
    Sunderland (2)
    Swansea City (2)
    Tottenham Hotspur
    West Bromwich Albion
    West Ham United
    AFC Bournemouth
    Barnsley
    Accrington Stanley
    Birmingham City
    Bradford City (2)
    AFC Wimbledon (2)
    Blackburn Rovers
    Bristol City
    Burton Albion
    Blackpool
    Chesterfield (2)
    Bury
    Bolton Wanderers (2)
    Colchester United (2)
    Cambridge United
    Brentford
    Coventry City (3)
    Carlisle United
    Brighton & Hove Albion (4)
    Crawley Town
    Cheltenham Town
    Cardiff City (2)
    Crewe Alexandra
    Dagenham & Redbridge
    Charlton Athletic
    Doncaster Rovers (2)
    Exeter City
    Derby County (2)
    Fleetwood Town
    Hartlepool United
    Fulham (2)
    Gillingham
    Luton Town
    Huddersfield Town (2)
    Leyton Orient
    Mansfield Town
    Ipswich Town
    Milton Keynes Dons
    Morecambe
    Leeds United
    Notts County
    Newport County
    Middlesbrough (2)
    Oldham Athletic
    Northampton Town (2)
    Millwall (2)
    Peterborough United
    Oxford United (2)
    Norwich City
    Port Vale
    Plymouth Argyle
    Nottingham Forest
    Preston North End
    Portsmouth
    Reading (2)
    Rochdale
    Shrewsbury Town (2)
    Rotherham United (3)
    Scunthorpe United (2)
    Southend United
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sheffield United
    Stevenage
    Watford
    Swindon Town
    Tranmere Rovers
    Wigan Athletic (2)
    Walsall (2)
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Yeovil Town
    York City
    Halifax
    Southport
    Lincoln City
    Barnet (2)
    Bristol Rovers (3)
    Stockport County
    Darlington (2)
    Aldershot
    Chester (2)
    Grimsby
    Torquay
    Wrexham
  • Options
    i think we have a bookeeper!thanks for all your typing-something i didn't want to do!i was counting friendlies as long as they were in the league at the time,so torquay and crawley were in as well as aldershot who i missed.accrington was in 1924,bradford at 3 grounds(odsall on a thursday,if i recall,post fire).could you amend as we go?
  • Options
    I was at Odsall - what was the other one then?
  • Options
    Surely Seb wins this by a country mile.

Get NLA on the case, we can't have a Coventry fan getting anything on here without him chipping in with his views on them
  • Options
    This is a great thread.

I'm going to have to get home before I can work on my list, I reckon I must be near 125 including non-league and abroad.

• Options
    @Pedro45 was correct we did play Torquay in a friendly in a south west tour in either 98 or 99. I know because I went, and I don't think friendlies officially count on the '92' club. I'm only going to new grounds now, and don't think I'll ever do the 92 because I only go to watch Charlton. I could do the 92 quite easily because I am on 74 (only 2 of those without seeing Charlton play there), but I am unlikely to want to make the effort to get them out the way of my own accord.

Like others, I have lost Grimsby, Stockport & Barnet to the conf, and Coventry and Colchester to new grounds. So if I were still to include old grounds plus conf sides plus Torquay, I can say I've seen Charlton at 78 grounds. Even more if I add old and new.

But to keep it simple if someone asked me I would say I've done 74 of the current 92. I wish I could say all 74 were with Charlton, but Chesterfield was to see them play Wimbledon (went up there for a mate's 30th), and Wimbledon was their opening home game of the 2012/13 season with the same mate (we had Brum away). The Chesterfield one was a real ball ache, as I was going the season before when we won promotion from League 1 when it got called off, and couldn't make the re-arranged Tuesday game.

The only way I'll knock some of these pins off is successive relegation, which we don't want.
  • Options
    Seen Charlton at 93 of these grounds. Done quite a few others, but not involving Charlton. Cannot remember Charlton playing Brighton at Priestfield (so possibly 3 not 4 for Brighton), but there might have been a friendly
  • Options
    ah,you see,everyone has their own rules.if we apply the current 92,no one can do more than that.i only wanted someone to beat the coventry fan on his terms(84/114).not sure seb and acworth are old enough for some of them.bradford away no.3 was at elland road or leeds road(huddersfield).
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Seen Charlton at 93 of these grounds. Done quite a few others, but not involving Charlton. Cannot remember Charlton playing Brighton at Priestfield (so possibly 3 not 4 for Brighton), but there might have been a friendly

We have not played Brighton at Priestfield, although saw Brighton play a 'home' game their against Orient in the cup.

Come to think of it I have seen Wimbledon play Bursaspor at Brighton in the Inter-Toto in '95.

Also I have seen QPR play two home European games at Highbury because of their plastic pitch.