Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Ath vs Leeds Utd | Sat 18th April 2015 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Comfortable home win 4-0.

you haven't taken this seriously all season have you?
  • Whatever you think about Leeds, they are a genuinely big club and it's always a bit of an occasion and a decent atmosphere when they visit. Looking forward to an entertaining, stress free afternoon.
    3-1.
  • 2 -1 win. Buyens & Bulot.
  • Well supported, gobby, Yorkshire boors. Hope we score early and stuff them. A near empty away end at the final whistle is what I want to see.
  • Well supported, gobby, Yorkshire boors. Hope we score early and stuff them. A near empty away end at the final whistle is what I want to see.

would not harm your top half bet any harm either cardinal. best of luck.
  • 2-0 addicks, unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I will be unable to do the match thread tomorrow. I'm hoping someone can take over for me. I'll be back, hopefully, for the Birmingham game. I'll be glad when this season is over due to my health issues and i'm looking forward to coming back fitter and healthier next season and completing as many match threads as I can (work permitting!!) COYR's
  • 3-0 with goals coming from Buyens, Bulot and Vetokele.
  • Macronate said:

Comfortable home win 4-0.

you haven't taken this seriously all season have you?
    I got the Colchester league cup game right then it was all downhill from then.
  • 2-0 addicks, unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I will be unable to do the match thread tomorrow. I'm hoping someone can take over for me. I'll be back, hopefully, for the Birmingham game. I'll be glad when this season is over due to my health issues and i'm looking forward to coming back fitter and healthier next season and completing as many match threads as I can (work permitting!!) COYR's

I hope not too serious and the summer break will see you up and running for next season
  • I work 8 miles from Leeds. Too often I have their scummy fans gloating at me that they support the team we want to be.
    No fucking chance I tell them.
    I'm projecting a return to the glory days of 3-0 scorelines. JBG will score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently going to be a nice day tomorrow so hoping for a win in the sunshine. I think 3-1 to us
  • it couldn't be could it ? .. 1-1 .. nah .. so

CAFC 2 v Leeds United 1
  • Heard another pundit on TalkSport the other day refer to them as a 'big club' and it would be great to see them back in the Premiership. If I had a penny for every time I'd heard that........

would not harm your top half bet any harm either cardinal. best of luck.
    There is that, Matt, thanks.
  • WSS said:
    Is it safe to say they are as much a basket case of a Club as Blackpool ?

• It seems so strange that Leeds were a well supported mediocre second tier club in the 80s that went on to win the top tier, challenge in Europe and regularly finish top 4 in the Premiership in the next 15 years or so. Then to spiral to League 1 and now just be really well supported mediocre second tier club again. Quite a fall that still seems baffling. However until they spend big again they seem destined to stay where they are and be a team I feel we should beat. Maybe not this time, 1-0 to Leeds as bad news from South Wales compounds a miserable day.
  • Old man is the "ball sponsor" so should be a good day getting to meet the man of the match after game. Looking forward to it.

Get to go on the bowling green for a picture before the game as well, looking forward to feeling it under foot as last time it was a cabbage patch!

Little bros birthday as well. He's a mascot. An exciting match day all round.

2-1 win.
  • Old man is the "ball sponsor" so should be a good day getting to meet the man of the match after game. Looking forward to it.

Get to go on the bowling green for a picture before the game as well, looking forward to feeling it under foot as last time it was a cabbage patch!

2-1 win.

I hope you and your family have a great day and look forward to your
    Report at 2 in the morning when you will be quite merry :smile:

2-1 win.

I hope you and your family have a great day and look forward to your
    Report at 2 in the morning when you will be quite merry :smile:

Cheers mate!

Quite merry at the moment!! :-)

But should probably go to bed so I'm in a good mood for the young'uns birthday :-).

Got him some new boots and keeper gloves for his birthday for the occasion, should be a good day! His name is Oscar Read, so if you're there look out for him! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite a few smiley faces there hahaha!

Oh well, life's good ... :-)
  • Half of DL pulled out with fake injuries? Sounds like kids team against us today.
  • Leeds in disarray. We could run riot. 5-1
  • Probably want us to beat Leeds more than any other team (just edging Millwall even) as I despise them with a passion. Living amongst them can make my skin crawl at times, having to listen to their arrogant, 'big club' shite. Just hope the boys roll up their beach towels for ninety minutes and put on a performance to ensure three points and give me bragging rights on Monday.

2-0 Charlton.
  • Would be nice to see us have a real go at them. Neither side have anything to play for, so should be free to entertain.
  • It would be nice to get revenge for the 6-1 to king all those years ago
  • kafka said:

Leeds in disarray. We could run riot. 5-1

In my Experience,(it's long)
    a team could turn up with the manager resigning the night before.
    Injury crisis and the tea lady is on the bench.
    Coach driver get's lost and players run to ground and kick off delayed for 20 minutes.
    Two players seen knocking seven bells out of each other because of who's fault for goal conceded the week before.
    Team are in semi final the following week and play 9 squad players.

There is no correlation between any of the above and CAFC winning.
    It's more to do with our own motivation and attacking intent or lack of it.
    (in the past hopefully)

• edited April 2015
    This has classic Charlton written all over it. Due to life experience alone watching us, I fully expect Leeds to roll us over.

We will be lethargic, disjointed and out of salts, they will suss this from kick off, not believe their luck and take this piss. We the supporters will be left at 5 o'clock, feeling pissed off and facing a weekend of footballing purgatory, cursing our addicktion....
  • kafka said:

Leeds in disarray. We could run riot. 5-1

In my Experience,(it's long)
    a team could turn up with the manager resigning the night before.
    Injury crisis and the tea lady is on the bench.
    Coach driver get's lost and players run to ground and kick off delayed for 20 minutes.
    Two players seen knocking seven bells out of each other because of who's fault for goal conceded the week before.
    Team are in semi final the following week and play 9 squad players.

There is no correlation between any of the above and CAFC winning.
    It's more to do with our own motivation and attacking intent or lack of it.
    (in the past hopefully)

It can seem that way doesn't it?

1-3 to them with an early sending off for us :-(