Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SEASON TICKET PRICES

Apologies if this has been posted I was just wondering what's everyone's general view on the super cheap season tickets for new supporters in the east and west stand.
There is a block in both the east and west stand where a new season ticket holder with valley gold could get an adult season ticket for £160 before the price increase the other day. That is super cheap.
I am not fussed myself as the more people in the valley the better but also like with a lot of things in life the better deals seems to be for new customers.
Is it fair that a regular season ticket holder can pay £400+ to renew their seat but somebody new can come in for half that price.

Comments

• That is super cheap.

@ValleyGary will have your head off for that ...
  • Interesting first post and thread
  • Apologies if this has been posted I was just wondering what's everyone's general view on the super cheap season tickets for new supporters in the east and west stand.
    There is a block in both the east and west stand where a new season ticket holder with valley gold could get an adult season ticket for £160 before the price increase the other day. That is super cheap.
    I am not fussed myself as the more people in the valley the better but also like with a lot of things in life the better deals seems to be for new customers.
    Is it fair that a regular season ticket holder can pay £400+ to renew their seat but somebody new can come in for half that price.

Where are the details on this?
  • edited April 2015
    Kap10 said:

Apologies if this has been posted I was just wondering what's everyone's general view on the super cheap season tickets for new supporters in the east and west stand.

Where are the details on this?
    Well, it was in the leaflet that came with the application form. £175 in either A block East stand or H block West Lower. Both blocks are right at the end of the stands at the southern end. So take off the £15 Valley Gold discount and there you are.

It's fine, I think, to have those sort of price differences to the premium seats but it's a bit odd when the similar blocks at the North end of the stands were priced at £325 (less the discount).

But it wasn't for new season ticket holders only - anyone could have seats or swap to those blocks if spaces were available. BUT if they were fully subscribed, (does anyone know if that's the case?) would an existing ticket-holder elsewhere have had that opportunity? Is that the point?
  • More likely Airman Brown
  • I sat in both the Upper and Lower North before moving to A Block and I can assure you that both were better by far. The only appeal really is the price and you get what you pay for.

Re sales I was told re A block that "loads of people haven't renewed".

The H block is only available to new season ticket holders.

• IAgree said:

I sat in both the Upper and Lower North before moving to A Block and I can assure you that both were better by far. The only appeal really is the price and you get what you pay for.

Re sales I was told re A block that "loads of people haven't renewed".

The H block is only available to new season ticket holders.

So of you have a season ticket elsewhere in the ground you can't move to H block ?

That can't be right ? Surely anyone can buy a ticket anywhere they like (provided there isn't someone already sitting there !)
  • but if you don't renew by the deadline, now passed, then you don't have a season ticket any longer. how can they then stop you buying in the cheap seats?
  • Sponsored links:

• We have the cheapest season tickets in the League (or there abouts), I want to sit in my seat in the Upper west, I am as happy as I can be to pay the price I pay. if someone is sitting elsewhere in the ground paying less than me, I'm not that fussed really, my mates next to me pay less and they earn more than me, such is life.
  • Unless I've misunderstood I thought all the cheap seats were sold out last year. They were never sat in, of course, but they were all sold!
  • Unless I've misunderstood I thought all the cheap seats were sold out last year. They were never sat in, of course, but they were all sold!

Yes, they were. But this year there's another block and we don't know what the renewal rate was like anyway.
  • You'd probably find that the majority that bought last season sat in the same seat this season just paid a lot less for it.

If you work on the basis that very few new season ticket holders come forward every season if you vacated your seat in Block E in the East stand and bought a £150 seas elsewhere no one would question if you stayed sitting in the same seat.

That is reason enough to stop people from 'relocating' to a cheaper seat in walking distance to the one they had this season.

They should have put the prices up of the Block A seats and see how many people stayed there - none probably!
  • edited April 2015
    As I understand the H block (which seems to have no one in it at present) is just available for new season ticket holders only. I was told that this was to avoid a mass exodus from other parts of the ground.

As I mentioned it sounds as if quite a few A blockers have not renewed - Whether they are newbies giving up, or people retuning to thier old seats was not clear.

I have to say that there is no comparison between the seats in the very extreme ends of the East or West and those more expensive seats near the halfway line which are clearly way better. Again you get what you pay for.

• IAgree said:

As I understand the H block (which seems to have no one in it at present) is just available for new season ticket holders only. I was told that this was to avoid a mass exodus from other parts of the ground.

As I mentioned it sounds as if quite a few A blockers have not renewed - Whether they are newbies giving up, or people retuning to thier old seats was not clear.

I have to say that there is no comparison between the seats in the very extreme ends of the East or West and those more expensive seats near the halfway line which are clearly way better. Again you get what you pay for.

Unless you pay for a £150 seat and sit in a £450 seat of course...? :wink: