Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Prices Frozen for 2015/16 - only if you bought after the early bird prices last year ?

Comments

• Options
    So they're sticking with the failed A Block scheme do you think?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I doubt it, as KM said she was aware, that it was ridiculous, that you could pay £150 and sit in a £450 seat.
    However, nothing would surprise me. I suppose they could keep them, but with the new electronic ticketing system, ensure people have to sit in the correct blocks.
  • Options
    This means that current Valley season-ticket holders’ seats will cost exactly the same as the post early-bird deadline prices ahead of the 2014/15 season.

Post early-bird? Interesting phrase
  • Options
    So they've gone up then?
  • Options
    WSS said:

So they've gone up then?

Well, yes I'd say so. If you paid before the early bird cut off.
  • Options

So they're sticking with the failed A Block scheme do you think?

I'm very happy with my £150 seat...Hope they do continue!

If I was them though, I'd chuck us in the West Upper Q and R (yes I am an A-block season ticket holder) block, though I have grown very fond of the east stand. I've only moved once from the A, and that was to the B block at the Rotherham game to escape the rain, but appreciate that it is quite spartan and quiet for a sold out block.
  • Options

WSS said:

So they've gone up then?

So pressumably no early bird scheme, so wait as long as you like before getting one.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'll wait for the full details, but if it turns out I'll be paying more after a huge splash that they have been frozen, I am going to be almighty naffed off.

80-90% of fans buy as part of the earlybird. So 80-90% it seems will see price increases on this 'frozen' deal if I am interpreting it correctly.

• Options
    I bought early last year and if it is the same price tomorrow I'll buy it again.

Going to be very pissed off if it turns out that frozen means at the higher price.

• Options
    edited February 2015

WSS said:

So they've gone up then?

Isn't that what has happened under the previous regimes?

@Airman Brown?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Kap10 said:

WSS said:

So they've gone up then?

@Airman Brown?
    It's an old trick. The question is whether tricks are appropriate. They'd be better off telling it as it is. I don't think the increase is unreasonable, although the structure if it remains unchanged is a hell of a mess. I don't think they had anywhere to go, if I'm honest, and I don't think they know how to sort it out either.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

WSS said:

So they've gone up then?

?
    I'm sure that was the case for many seasons.

• Options
    I must be missing something this season an adult early bird ticket in the FS is £250 with U11's £25. If what we a been told (club leak). If the adult price next season £275 for an Adult, with the U11's free, the cost is the same. I really do hate all this leak and speculation. Why can't they just release the prices?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Either the PR man thinks it's clever or they are hiding a sting in the tail. I haven't forgotten they wanted to move the family section last year.

And by the way, I don't think there was a "post-early-bird" price in the £150 seats, in which case that can't be frozen. Can it?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Dansk_Red said:

I must be missing something this season an adult early bird ticket in the FS is £250 with U11's £25. If what we a been told (club leak). If the adult price next season £275 for an Adult, with the U11's free, the cost is the same. I really do hate all this leak and speculation. Why can't they just release the prices?

Interesting point. By the way the reason for the £25 price for "unaccompanied" u11s is probably that they will only allow one free U11 per adult, so they need a price if there are two children with one adult.
  • Options

Either the PR man thinks it's clever or they are hiding a sting in the tail. I haven't forgotten they wanted to move the family section last year.

And by the way, I don't think there was a "post-early-bird" price in the £150 seats, in which case that can't be frozen. Can it?

Because they sold out before the price uplifts
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Because they sold out before the price uplifts
    Yes, I know. But the point stands, doesn't it?
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Interesting point. By the way the reason for the £25 price for "unaccompanied" u11s is probably that they will only allow one free U11 per adult, so they need a price if there are two children with one adult.
    This is a grey area, they should clarified this when the other information regarding the FS was released.

• Options
    WSS said:

So they've gone up then?

Sounds like it ...disappointing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Cool, my season ticket price has been frozen for next year, just that it is frozen at a price higher than the one I paid. If this is right it sounds like the club is trying to be too clever, just admit the price has gone up by £25 or so. Fair enough, I wouldn't have a problem but once again it seems the messaging/communication is poor.

As for the slogan 'Building a better future together' this excites me as I assume it means a) Katrien is actually going to bother to respond to my email and b) the board will have closer links to the fans groups. Good news.
  • Options

Cool, my season ticket price has been frozen for next year, just that it is frozen at a price higher than the one I paid. If this is right it sounds like the club is trying to be too clever, just admit the price has gone up by £25 or so. Fair enough, I wouldn't have a problem but once again it seems we're being "mislead"

As for the slogan 'Building a better future together' this excites me as I assume it means a) Katrien is actually going to bother to respond to my email and b) the board will have loser links to the fans groups. Good news.

Fixed it for you
  • Options
    It would appear that no one is willing to put their name to the Frozen Price release on OS (Author CAFC). Yesterdays good news has the author as Iain Liddle.
  • Options
    Hopefully it will be a mistake and the price is the same as we, actually, paid last season, but I doubt it!
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

It would appear that no one is willing to put their name to the Frozen Price release on OS (Author CAFC). Yesterdays good news has the author as Iain Liddle.

Not really sure where digging out members of the comms team is going to get you.

• Options
    Still a good deal. Shame they have to try and bullshit.
  • Options
    After the marketing own-goal of hire-the-pitch-for-sex this week, we don't need to be teased like a load of eegits over the revealing of the season ticket pricing. It's especially daft if the actually difference is, er, not very much. Given the club's stance that it doesn't need to renew the 5-year VIP season ticket deal because they don't need the cash, presumably they can dispense with the early bird idea for the same reason. I'm not renewing anyway (until we are treated like valued Customers and given some insight and commitment to future plans for the running of the club) and will buy match-to-match. I feel slightly better about that knowing the club aren't desperate for my cash.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Dansk_Red said:

Not really sure where digging out members of the comms team is going to get you.

Not sure there's any digging out. I believe the comms team are not in control of the message at present anyway.