Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton v Charlton | Tues 14 Apr | 8pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic
8pm Kick-Off
Referee: Kevin Wright

Introduction

With the end of the season ever looming you have to look back and wonder where its all gone… It seemed only yesterday when the fixture lists were released and some what harshly, Charlton fans found themselves having long Tuesday night trips to the likes of Blackpool, Leeds and Wigan, of course its not just been restricted to our own fans with other clubs having to make ridiculous journeys to matches held on a Tuesday night whilst more local and much easier trips are kept for a Saturday… As always our own supporters deserve much credit for the miles that they have clocked up this season often without any reward… For our last Tuesday night of the season yet another journey to Lancashire is required as Charlton find themselves up against Bolton Wanderers.

The Opposition
Relegation from the Premier League after a long spell three years ago seems like an age for our opposition this week but that’s how long its been… Confined the England’s 2nd tier since 2012; Bolton have so far failed to mount a serious challenge back to the top flight, missing out on the Play-Offs simply by goal difference in their first season is as close as they’ve got and since then the Trotters have had to make do with mid-table obscurity.

Of course these two sides have already faced each other once this season (also on a Tuesday night)… Back in October, Charlton would be the opposition in Neil Lennon’s first match in the Bolton dugout, the Addicks would win on that occasion 2-1 (goals coming from George Tucudean and Johnnie Jackson)… Since that match, Bolton briefly steadied the ship and the Trotters would only lose one further match in the next ten, the prospect of a relegation battling season was replaced and Bolton have since flirted around mid-table, with safety now assured, tonight’s meeting could yet again be a fixture played out with both sides dreaming of their holidays.

Player to Watch
Starting off this section as always I want to highlight the current links between the two sides… Lining up for Bolton tonight could see ex-Charlton Defender: Dorian Dervite who left the Valley for the North West this summer whilst for the Addicks; Chris Eagles could make an appearance against the side where he spent three years making just short of one hundred appearances.

Much has been made though this season of the Bolton strike force and my player to watch this week is Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Now 36-years of age and surely close to retirement; Gudjohnsen is back at Bolton for a second spell after two years at the club between 1998-2000… Becoming one of the most wanted Strikers from the Championship; Gudjohnsen would move to Chelsea (after turning down a possible move to Charlton) where he would make his name, spells at Barcelona and Monaco would follow before returning to Bolton in November last year… Now having made 18-appearances alongside ex-England Striker: Emile Heskey, our young Centre-Back: Joe Gomez could notch another feather in his cap should he keep these two quiet.

Line-Up
Henderson
Solly – Gomez – Johnson – Fox
Gudmundsson – Buyens – Cousins – Eagles
Vetokele – Watt

Prediction
Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Options
    As pointless as two bald fellas fighting over a comb. Has the feel of a pre season friendly.
    But we'll win.....3-2
  • Options
    1-2
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    0-0

173 away with no songs sung, only a 'come on you reds' when we force a late corner..
  • Options
    L 4-1
  • Options
    2-1 defeat
  • Options
    edited April 2015

2-0
    Watt and ventokle

WHO IS VENTOKLE?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Kick off according to the Beeb web site is 20:00 hrs......addicks get another draw 1-1. Due to later ko...match thread from 7 pm

Edit 20:00 ko confirmed on addicks website
  • Options

Kick off according to the Beeb web site is 20:00 hrs......addicks get another draw 1-1. Due to later ko...match thread from 7 pm

Cheers for that spot @RedMidland... Have corrected my original post... Bit of a rarity kicking off @ 8pm these days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The least interested I've been in a Charlton game since.........................................

...Sheff Wed away last Saturday, after losing to Millwall this season can just end now really.

0-1 - Eagles
  • Options

2-0
    Watt and ventokle

WHO IS VENTOKLE?
  • Options
    If this was FIFA you'd simulate the next few games.

Another draw for the accumulator - 1-1
  • Options
    Everything shouts draw again, but as I'm an optimistic sort of chap I'll go for 1-2.
  • Options

Cheers for that spot @RedMidland... Have corrected my original post... Bit of a rarity kicking off @ 8pm these days
    No problems @ForeverAddickted
  • Options
    is it just me or did that millwall game really knock the giving-a-shit-ness out of our season? true to form 1-1...
  • Options
    A dismal desperate away performance highlighting Luzon's tactical ineptitude, inability to change a game, loss of the dressing room and a lack of any plan B.
    0-3
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

2-0
    Watt and ventokle

WHO IS VENTOKELE?

2-0
    Watt and ventokle

WHO IS VENTOKLE?
    Yeah him too!

• Options
    Typical 4-0 away win for the addicks on a night when the main focus of celebration on this site will be wigan's win at the nou den...
  • Options
    approaching the 'yawn' time of year .. BUT .. points still mean prizes .. so:

Bolton Wanderers 1 v CAFC 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2-0
    Watt and ventokle

WHO IS VENTOKLE?
  • Options
    Will Solly play? If not presume Gomez move to RB unfortunately and TBH CB. Will Eagles play or perhaps Bulot LM? I see these as the only changes. 1-2, you got to be optimistic we can get a win after 3 games without one.
  • Options
    Didn't even know we were playing tonight!

Shows how much interest I have left in the season.

Maybe if I were back home I'd have followed a bit more closely.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If 62 points triggers their bonuses, which I read somewhere on here, they need something from the away games at Bolton and Birmingham, assuming they can beat Leeds on Saturday, because Bournemouth will want to clinch automatic promotion, the title or both in the final game.
  • Options
    Another shout for a draw I'm afraid with both sides metaphorically flicking through the Club 18-30 holiday brochure, (Saga in Gudjohnsen's case). Hopefully it’s an entertaining 2-2 type of match for the travelling faithful who frankly deserve a medal tonight, but I suspect it’ll be a 0-0..
  • Options
    God damn it will somebody please find out who Ventokle is, it's all getting too much to bear!
  • Options
    Talal said:

God damn it will somebody please find out who Ventokle is, it's all getting too much to bear!

Its Vetokele's alter ego when he wants to take his frustration out on someone
  • Options
    Well at least he has a pro evo name sorted for the next game.
  • Options
    I'm Ventokle