Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Addicks 1 - Post Match Views 11/4/15

Point gained or two points dropped?

Comments

• Eagles had a good goal chalked off for offside in the first half which might have changed the game.
    these things happen, and maybe it was Karma for the JBG goal against Fulham, but it does mean Sheffield Wednesday oughtn't to think they can go on about 'deserving to win'.
  • Another goal from our Player of The Season who always goes missing.....
  • Sheffield Wednesday fans boo because they didn't beat a team who are above them in the table. Am I imagining it or does everyone always assume that they're going to beat us?
  • only one goal conceded by our POTY who apparently hasn't played enough games

VOTE HENDO
  • only one goal conceded by our POTY who apparently hasn't played enough games

VOTE HENDO

Whilst I am very much torn between the two of them for POTY, I don't think you have helped Hendo's case very much there!

I'm pretty sure JBG scoring a goal outweighs Hendo letting one in!... :-)
  • JBG joint top scorer with Igor in all competitions now on 11?
  • I know its National day, but alarmed at how little interest I had in following our progress.

One of those games I traditionally expect us to lose with the 'we never really got going line', so we'll pleased to avoid defeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans boo because they didn't beat a team who are above them in the table. Am I imagining it or does everyone always assume that they're going to beat us?

They always assume they're going to beat everyone.
  • Zzzzzzzzź
  • When was a point at Hillsborough anything other than decent.
  • Uboat said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans boo because they didn't beat a team who are above them in the table. Am I imagining it or does everyone always assume that they're going to beat us?

To be fair, I have heard a fair few boos at the Valley when we have not beaten teams above us in the table.
  • Kap10 said:

Uboat said:

To be fair, I have heard a fair few boos at the Valley when we have not beaten teams above us in the table.
    No choice when every team is above you...
  • Good interview as usual from Luzon
  • Just see goals on Sky and Gomez stopped instead of playing the ball for Wednesday's goal as it came across the area
    JBG took his goal well turning inside the defender after Chris Eagles shot was parried by the goalie in slow motion

Anyone bovered ... Not me

Scum lost and they're a step nearer where they belong
    We're solidly established as Sarf Londons no.2

50% 7th-12th ....... 50% 13th-21st
  • My top 12 finish bet, along with a lot of other lifers, is well and
    truly in the balance.
  • Sponsored links:

• 828 Charlton fans up there today. Very good 1st half by the sounds of things and a wrongly disallowed goal. Did well to come back from 0.1 down in the 2nd half and hold out for a point.
  • Just on the train home with not much to say other than it was obvious that it was an end of season, meaningless game. Not that I'm bothered, nice to be at a game with no pressure, seen some mates that I don't get to see enough and the weather was half decent.
    JBG took his goal well, hope we can keep him.
  • Talkshite mentioned their goal, then the half time score and then nothing so I assumed we lost one nil. Then when rounding up the results we'd got a point. Always thought they were shite but it's now been confirmed.

Happy with that. Can't comment further as I know nothing about the game other than the result.
  • ...First of all I was surprised to see TWWW not starting. Churchy got himself in good positions to score but he can't bloody finish. Their defence were pretty static first half and I reckon Tony would have scared the life out of them. When he came on 2nd half we posed more of a threat...

In the last couple of games, Tony has had a lot of possession and run at opposition defences, but he's struggled to make the space to shoot. I wonder if bringing Church on in the first half was to tire out the defence before letting Tony have a go at them.