Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U18's

13»

Comments

• I believe it is Aaron Barnes. Hyper active, very quick, very effective and tricky going forward, very vocal. I am ignorant about his defensive capabilities, have not seen enough of him, but certainly a player you notice.
  • Who is the right back?? Any good?? Could do with someone to be back up for sols next year!

I didn't go yesterday, but I went on Wednesday and IMO he was our best player, the most likely to play at this level.

• Fantastic achievement. Look forward to seeing some of these guys in the first team.
  • Stig said:

Fantastic achievement. Look forward to seeing some of these guys in the first team.

Don't think Luzon has played KAG since he arrived, not sure why but doesn't bode well for kids considering we only have spongefoot on the bench. Hopefully budget considerations will force his hand.
  • Stig said:

Fantastic achievement. Look forward to seeing some of these guys in the first team.

Don't think Luzon has played KAG since he arrived, not sure why but doesn't bode well for kids considering we only have spongefoot on the bench. Hopefully budget considerations will force his hand.
    KAG was played in the first team too early, he went straight in from the U-18's without any experience in the development squad. The right decision from Luzon, and I expect KAG to be all the better next season after banging in a few for the U-21's.

• Stig said:

Yeh right, Joe Gomez, 17, Jordan Cousins, 20, Morgan Fox, 20. It is clear to me that Luzon selects players for the first team if they are ready. I have seen no evidence to support your claim that he does not play young players. As for the spongefoot quote, I find it cringeworthy. Simon Church is a professional footballer who has tried his best throughout his Charlton career. Get behind the players that the manager selects, and base your comments on facts. Guy Luzon's job is to select the best team to win football matches, it's what we expect. He has shown by choosing Gomez, in a variety of positions, that he is supportive of selecting younger players if they are up to playing in the Championship. If your assumption is correct, then why are the club putting an extra 5 million pounds into the Academy, if they have put in place a manager that does not select young players!