Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    "At previous meetings, it was said that meetings are confidential until the minutes appear online. A number of matters were discussed and some appeared on a public forum before minutes were published".

(Ed. edited as revealing confidential information)
  • What a waste of time this is.
  • I was hoping one question would be asked. may I suggest at the next Fans Forum meeting somebody asks a club representative what is meant by the words 'better' and 'together' in the phrase 'building a better future together'?
  • Blimey! 'Minutes' is a bit of an exaggeration!
  • Obviously a cover up going on. Bovril is sure to have been discussed yet no mention in the minutes. WE DESERVE THE TRUTH!
  • "Valley Gold will choose the young player of the year through a vote of its members and is arranging for the trophy"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this new? I always thought that the young player award was chosen by the coaching staff? What's happened to the old trophy?
  • iainment said:

What a waste of time this is.

You could always volunteer to go on the Fans Forum and do some of the work yourself.

I'm sure some of the long suffering members would be delighted to stop being belittled by someone as dynamic and willing as yourself.
  • edited April 2015
    For clarity, re Valley Express
    the rise will be £10 return or £199 for a season ticket.
    is that rising to £10 return or by £10 return? I assume probably the former, but the wording is ambiguous.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

You could always volunteer to go on the Fans Forum and do some of the work yourself.

I'm sure some of the long suffering members would be delighted to stop being belittled by someone as dynamic and willing as yourself.
    It'd still be a waste of time. Totally managed by the club with disclosure rules N Korea would be used to.

If any questions that fans really want to be addressed we're raised it'd be stopped asp.

Toadies and arselickers forum in my considered opinion.
  • Hectic stuff.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

It'd still be a waste of time. Totally managed by the club with disclosure rules N Korea would be used to.

If any questions that fans really want to be addressed we're raised it'd be stopped asp.

Toadies and arselickers forum in my considered opinion.
    You're an angry drunk if this comment and the one on the election thread are anything to go by!
  • "Can the colour that the club will wear for each match be published in advance? This can be done if it is known"

I'm going to take a punt and say that for every home game we will wear red, and for every away game we will wear red unless the home team we're playing is playing in red.
  • Rail travel going very well. Numbers are reducing.

What a comedy script writer :smile:

Perhaps Lord Beeching wrote that...
  • shirty5 said:

"Valley Gold will choose the young player of the year through a vote of its members and is arranging for the trophy"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this new? I always thought that the young player award was chosen by the coaching staff? What's happened to the old trophy?

This is new, and is to recognise the contribution Valley Gold members make each year to the Academy. Rather than select one player, Steve Avory, along with Damian Matthew, has nominated 3 players and from Monday Valley Gold members can place their vote.

It's the same award, but selected in a different way.
  • "Can the colour that the club will wear for each match be published in advance? This can be done if it is known"

I'm going to take a punt and say that for every home game we will wear red, and for every away game we will wear red unless the home team we're playing is playing in red.

I have an irrational issue with not wearing home colours when they do not clash. This is something that happens often - I assume to maximise revenue for sales of second and third kits.

This season is a good example, however, as there is no reason to have the third kit or, rather, no reason to wear it. Who ever designed the colour scheme clearly wasn't interested in kit clashing. apart from Bournemouth, and I would argue that we could wear red due to the amount of black they have in their shirt and the amount of white we have on ours, there is no team with a red and black shirt that we have to play.

For those going to away games that want to wear the team shirt (I mean the one the team wears) it is not unreasonable for them to know in advance which one they should put on.
  • aliwibble said:

For clarity, re Valley Express

the rise will be £10 return or £199 for a season ticket.
    is that rising to £10 return or by £10 return? I assume probably the former, but the wording is ambiguous.

For the record I've never used Valley Express, and I don't anticipate that I ever will, however, it seems unreasonably unfair to increase the price and to insist that it breaks even. I'm not, especially, keen on the club giving money away but I suspect that some of those using it could well be tempted to stop going and, unless I've missed the point here, if they do the club will lose the season ticket revenue - most likely for ever.

I don't see why the club can't use some of the 'profit' from the seat that would, otherwise, be empty to subsidise the travel.

I know there is an argument that those that drive themselves are not getting as good a deal, but they are not excluded from using Valley Express.

I just think that, at a time when there seems to be lots of reasons to stop coming to The Valley, increasing the price of the travel from £7 a game to £10 a game is really, really bad marketing practice.
  • edited April 2015
    The existing price is £8.50 per game so the increase is £1.50

• Sponsored links:

I have an irrational issue with not wearing home colours when they do not clash. This is something that happens often - I assume to maximise revenue for sales of second and third kits.

This season is a good example, however, as there is no reason to have the third kit or, rather, no reason to wear it. Who ever designed the colour scheme clearly wasn't interested in kit clashing. apart from Bournemouth, and I would argue that we could wear red due to the amount of black they have in their shirt and the amount of white we have on ours, there is no team with a red and black shirt that we have to play.

For those going to away games that want to wear the team shirt (I mean the one the team wears) it is not unreasonable for them to know in advance which one they should put on.
    Interesting post @kings hill addick you say it's an 'irrational issue' and then go on to to explain in the most rational manner why it matters. I am 100% with you on this. For me it really irks when listening to a radio commentary and trying to imagine what it's like, only to find out that my imaginings were wrong in a most fundamental way because someone chose that particular day to market a hideous kit that has nothing to do with the traditions of the club.

Cup matches ? You will not know at the start of the season.
  • Rail travel going very well. Numbers are reducing.

What a comedy script writer :smile:

Considering the information for Syd Cheesewright's independent rail travel is hidden away & has'nt been updated for about 18 months it is amazing anybody is using this service at all.
  • Dansk_Red said:

The existing price is £8.50 per game so the increase is £1.50

My mistake I, obviously, thought is was £7. However it's still a big jump in price (17% when inflation is at 0%).
  • Hex said:

"Can the colour that the club will wear for each match be published in advance? This can be done if it is known"

Cup matches ? You will not know at the start of the season.
    I know your comment was, a little, tongue in cheek but I'm not aware of any clubs that have a home shirt that has enough red, black and white on it that would cause a real problem with both our red/white shirt or our black/grey shirt.

Dont' get me wrong I'm more than happy for us to have lots of different shirts, but I think we should always wear red unless it is not possible. If the club want to alternate away shirts that's fine, but if they are going to choose one or the other based on a process that is not both logical and predictable then they should tell us. Frankly they could tell us the kit colours they will wear to all games at the start of the season.

Of course, this would not be popular with the club as then fans might buy fewer shirts when they discover how little they will be worn. Not withstanding the change to the plan when superstitious players believe they can't win in a certain colour.

If we were to decide to keep the yellow/orange shirt for another season as the third kit then that would be justification, but I suspect we will see three new ones for 2015/16 which, if you have children that want them all, can be very expensive!
  • IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN THAT WANT THEM ALL CAN BE VERY EXPENSIVE.
    please buy a "good parenting guide" .You do not have to buy everything your children want.
  • timken said:

IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN THAT WANT THEM ALL CAN BE VERY EXPENSIVE.
    please buy a "good parenting guide" .You do not have to buy everything your children want.

If you live in the heartland of Spurs , West Ham and Arsenal fans and your kids go to school with all their friends supporting much more successful teams then you need all means possible to brainwash them in to supporting a boring mid table Championship club which most kids will just take the piss out of
    It's not easy !!
    Still serves me right for moving to the north side and away from the scum !!
  • timken said:

IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN THAT WANT THEM ALL CAN BE VERY EXPENSIVE.

You'll be telling me that our wives don't need an £800 handbag next!

Is there a book for that too?
  • oohaamortimer.I live in chingford so am in same boat as you.
    Kinghill :As for £800 handbags thats up to the wife she goes to work and buys her own handbags the kids usually have to rely on their parents to set the example.
  • timken said:

oohaamortimer.I live in chingford so am in same boat as you.
    Kinghill :As for £800 handbags thats up to the wife she goes to work and buys her own handbags the kids usually have to rely on their parents to set the example.

In my experience the wives don't buy their own handbags thus the question. It also makes it difficult telling a child, old enough to understand, that even though their Mum can have a new handbag every season (fashion season) they can't have the latest football shirt every season.

I think you'll find it difficult to convince anyone that they can't have everything they want, every time. Including football fans that are never happy irrespective as to how many millions of pounds their club loses - they still want more spent.

I also think you'll find that you will open yourself up for abuse when you tell people to buy a "good parenting book". I've rarely met a parent that welcomes criticism from complete strangers.