Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheff Wed vs Charlton Ath | Sat 11th April 2015 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Greenie said:

Wendies 1-1 Charlton
    Followed by an open bus parade by the Massive's to celebrate.

LenGlover said:

Gomez is first choice centre half now. If he's fit he plays.

If Joe was 27 I'd be fully in agreement with your sentiments.

However a 17 year old needs a certain amount of "nursing" as too much football in a short space of time while growing can be detrimental.

Joe played 3 under 19 international games in a week or so plus the Millwall and Fulham matches in quick succession.

At his tender age he may well need to be rested.
    Sorry Len, I disagree, if he's good enough he's old enough.
    It's nothing to do with his ability, it's avoiding overplaying a young player and causing physical damage at a time when his body is still growing.
  • edited April 2015
    Nothing about KAG's performances suggest that he's ready. I'd start Church and Watt. Young players should only be thrown in if they are ready to give a credible performance
  • How many tickets have we sold so far?
  • The Ref is Darren Bond who was the best ref at the Valley this season
    (Ipswich game)

So we go from the Ridiculous to the sublime.
  • A thrilling 1-1
  • I'm totally disinterested in the upcoming 2-0 defeat
  • I'm totally disinterested in the upcoming 2-0 defeat

It'll only be 0-2 at half-time ;-)
  • I believe the desire has gone on holiday now. 1-3

You talk about desire on holiday. Sheff Weds season is going nowhere, how do you know their desire might not be holiday?

Just saying.
  • Another 1-1. We take the lead with a goal from Vetokele and they get an equaliser just before half time. Second half is a damp squib

Do you like your damp squib deep fried in batter (a la Romana) or Chinese style in chilli and salt?
  • Greenie said:

Wendies 1-1 Charlton
    Followed by an open bus parade by the Massive's to celebrate.

LenGlover said:

Gomez is first choice centre half now. If he's fit he plays.

If Joe was 27 I'd be fully in agreement with your sentiments.

However a 17 year old needs a certain amount of "nursing" as too much football in a short space of time while growing can be detrimental.

Joe played 3 under 19 international games in a week or so plus the Millwall and Fulham matches in quick succession.

At his tender age he may well need to be rested.
    Sorry Len, I disagree, if he's good enough he's old enough.
    Except his body is still developing so he shouldn't be pushed too hard. A different sport, I know, but look at the wreckage of tennis players such as Jennifer Capriatti.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to Hillsborough and have to say it's more for the social aspect than the game itself. Have a few beers with some chaps I won't see for a few months, sing a few songs, have a little giggle and if I get to witness a half-decent game of football then bonus. A win would be lovely but I won't be too distraught if we lose tomorrow.
  • Unfortunately I cannot be there as my Daughter is competing in the Brighton marathon on Sunday and I shall be travelling down on Saturday. Pity as I like the Wendies away - or is it the hot pork rolls?
  • ^^Brilliant^^
  • I haven't seen us lose at Hillsborough. I'm going and knowing my luck at the moment it'll be a boring 0-0.
  • Wednesday have defensive injury problems and we have returning players. Quite fancy us to win this as we need a lift but I think more likely another 1-1 draw.
  • Both teams with nothing to play for so it'll either be a boring 0-0 or an eight goal thriller.
  • edited April 2015
    wmcf123 said:

Nothing about KAG's performances suggest that he's ready. I'd start Church and Watt. Young players should only be thrown in if they are ready to give a credible performance

He has given some credible cameo performances so with respect, you're wrong. How do you know if a young player is 'ready' if you don't give them a run in the side.

Plus, what the heck is the point in playing Church? A soon to be out of contract player who won't be here next season.
  • I think Luzon will want to field a strong side and bag 3 points if possible. May have been different if we had picked up more than one point in the last two games. My money's on a 2-2 draw.
  • What's the betting on operation pig or owlsadminonline turning up tomorrow at 5 if they win?
  • Sponsored links:

• Owlsinson sounds better baldy some incest peado lovin going on there his from rotherham really e by gum
  • edited April 2015
    0-3 watt 2 and Bulot
  • All players are different, and it becomes evident when they need resting. I don't think gomez shows signs of needing a rest and experience is good for him. If form dips then needs resting quickly though.
  • I believe the desire has gone on holiday now. 1-3

You talk about desire on holiday. Sheff Weds season is going nowhere, how do you know their desire might not be holiday?

Just saying.
    I don't.
    My prediction could be wrong

Just sayin' : -)
  • In Sheffield at cafe. Unfortunate attire look like a SW fan. Should have planned better.