Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quality of the Pitch

13»

Comments

• Davo55 said:

I would much rather the pitch was over-invested in than under-invested in, as before. But, it does seem a strange use of limited funds when there is a lot of player signings/contracts to be sorted.

I think the club has a contract with the company that did the pitch replacement for yearly ongoing maintenance. This must be part of that contract so not directly funds competing with player acquisition.

• Davo55 said:

I would much rather the pitch was over-invested in than under-invested in, as before. But, it does seem a strange use of limited funds when there is a lot of player signings/contracts to be sorted.

I think the club has a contract with the company that did the pitch replacement for yearly ongoing maintenance. This must be part of that contract so not directly funds competing with player acquisition.

Ok, cheers SHG. Regular maintenance is great - just seems a bit OTT to actually replace it every year.
  • Every club does this, gets the wear and tear out, fresh top surface which doesn't have 18 months of rubbish and weeds in it, and ensures you get a decent service every year.
  • Rothko said:

Every club does this, gets the wear and tear out, fresh top surface which doesn't have 18 months of rubbish and weeds in it, and ensures you get a decent service every year.

So it sounds like its cheaper in the long run.

Surely it not the massive operation of last season with the drainage and all that malarky and is just a relay. Nice to know they are looking after things to be honest.
  • and this is why you clean the top surface, and seeding again

• and this is why you clean the top surface, and seeding again

• Missed a trick, they could have sold it off to the fans.

I'd have definitely bought a square for my garden
  • Missed a trick, they could have sold it off to the fans.

I'd have definitely bought a square for my garden
    They couldn't - RD insisted on selling it to Bournemouth
  • Well that looks... Green.
  • Sponsored links:

• Incredible scenes.

Thanks for that, now gotta new desktop picture.
  • edited June 2015
    Can't be many grounds in the country where the away mob get the best view of it! Picture perfect
  • We have a pitch and a player who runs really fast. Am so excited.
  • Can't be many grounds in the country where the away mob get the best view of it! Picture perfect

Just missing the goal posts, could always throw down a couple of jumpers.
  • west upper still missing plenty of seats, pitch looks great
  • This is a bit OCD but I would consider getting some dyed green sand. There were a couple of very small sanded patches that distracted from the beauty of the pitch last season. If we used green sand it would make the pitch look even better as the season goes on. Only cosmetic but a thought!
  • This is a bit OCD but I would consider getting some dyed green sand. There were a couple of very small sanded patches that distracted from the beauty of the pitch last season. If we used green sand it would make the pitch look even better as the season goes on. Only cosmetic but a thought!

I've always wondered whether Wimbledon lawn tennis use some sort of green spray paint to cover the worn bits.

http://www.gizmology.net/greensand.htm

Bad idea - before you knew it the pitch would be full of cat sh*t!