Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

should we sign buyens for next year

Comments

• Yes. Quite obvious how much we have missed him in the last 2 games
  • Yes, all day

Yes definitely. Slow start at the club - but seems to have fitted in well. Gets stuck in and willing to chase.
  • Yes, yes and thrice yes.
  • Intelligent footballer.

Knows when to get forward, knows when to sit. He was out standing when we had 10 men against Cardiff.

Very good passer of the ball. Probably the most reliable in the club.

Has no one noticed that his decline in form was at the time he was having issues with Peeters? (Sent off against Blackburn, walked off the pitch after having an absolute Barney with BP on the touchline.)

Great penalty taker. Is 3rd in the goal scoring list for Charlton this season.

I'm not sure why anyone is saying no. Do you think Diarra will pick up the slack in the goal scoring stakes?

A definite yes from me.
  • We don't win many without him
  • Interesting that in his absence we haven't won either of the games
  • wmcf123 said:

We don't win many without him

We haven't won any games without Buyens

Played 6 - Won 0 - Drawn 2 - Lost 4
  • I don't think he wants to be here next season.
  • Yes because we play better with him in the team
  • Did someone say RJ was a better footballer than Buyens?
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

We seem to miss him when he doesn't play.

Any chance of another season, He could still get better.

• wmcf123 said:

We seem to miss him when he doesn't play.

Any chance of another season, He could still get better.

Agreed, if he's settled and happy to stay longer I think he will only improve.

Personally I think a lot of his passing gets taken for granted, it's usually very accurate even if just short passes but that's good enough for me so long as we retain the ball as it keeps play ticking over and it seemed to be good enough for Diego Poyet last season too.
  • Yes, doesn't get the recognition he deserves. We miss him a lot when he's out of the side.
  • Would have said no before Luzon took charge. After having seen the partnership he has formed with Cousins I would now say yes, also seems like a more vital part of the side after these latest two flat performances.

It's a yes from me.
  • colin1961 said:

Simple YES clearly missed him on Saturday

Don't tell me you have started making up when games were played as well (:
  • Thing is there may be better out there but realistically I cant see us splashing cash to bring in someone similar / better from the Championship / Premier League because that type of player will cost money.

That means we'll most likely go for someone on the Continent who will need time to adjust to English Football (and who may not adjust to English Football) which means it could take a further season of building... If on the other hand we can retain Buyens I think we'll stand more of a chance of reaching the Play-Offs because the team will be more experienced playing together
  • Yes I would sign him, but if he didn't its not the end of the world. He is useful but a bit inconsistent. I would like a couple more options added to the squad. I like Cousins and I like Diarra (though Diarra is 33) but we need decent options in the middle of park for competition.
  • Yes, so long as he wants it.
  • He's good enough for mid-to-playoff level championship and would rather have him than an unknown. Yes from me
  • As Joni Mitchell once sang: you don't know what you've got til it's gone, I think he's proved that - I admit to be surprised how much better we seem to play with him in the side, particularly noticeable in his absence! Keeping things simple but effective, not a lot of Stevie G Hollywood defence busters but more of a tidy Carrick-style progressor of the ball, keeps moves alive and generally chooses well if given an option of passes to make. I do think he depends on having Cousins or Diarra (o A.N. Other as yet unsigned) to provide the muscle and athleticism, but then the likes of Reid and Murphy had the same style. This does of course go under the assumption he actually wants to stick around...
  • Sponsored links:

• a big yes from me ,intelligent player and i really dont unserstand why some choose to get on his back ...

• Yes, for his first year in English football I think he's done well and should improve for that experience. He was in the away crowd at Millwall, maybe we're growing on him.

How did he get a ticket and I couldn't?!

PS: Yes for me. He's been good.
  • I'd like to see how Christophe Lepoint forces his way into the team.
    No, really I would!
  • 100% yes. Very good player.
  • Prefer Buyens to Lepoint. It will be interesting to see if Buyens can develop and cope with the higher intensity of pressing and quicker that takes place in the Championship. Maybe the second season, Buyens can crack that. If Buyens is fully committed then he is a reasonable midfielder. The penalties are a bonus.

Charlton still need a creative forward playing midfielder who can pick a pass.
  • Didn't he do an interview in the Belgian media recently where he said he expects to be back in Belgium next season?
  • Didn't he do an interview in the Belgian media recently where he said he expects to be back in Belgium next season?

That was the implication of the translated article.
  • There was an article since then where he hinted he could stay in the summer
  • top player for me
  • PopIcon said:

Did someone say RJ was a better footballer than Buyens?

If you happened to be on acid