Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

should we sign buyens for next year

yes or no
i myself am neutral
would see him as a good signing but if someone else becomes available whos better then that may be it

Comments

• Comes under meh for me. Short term deal not a bad shout but i don't think anyone will shed any tears if he doesn't join.
  • edited April 2015
    Really not bothered either way. He's improved in recent weeks. If he genuinely wants to be here then yes.
  • Yes... he's a steady influence, not the best passer but he gets stuck in, he's cool and he takes a mean penalty .. a good fit with Cousins
  • Yes, all day
  • Yes without any hesitation
  • colin1961 said:

Simple YES clearly missed him on Saturday

Did he stand you up on a date on Saturday then? ;)
  • Without a doubt yes - we did seem to miss him. Think if we had Cousins, Diarra, and Buyens that would leave us needing one more CM to really challenge (even though I still feel JBG can do a decent job in the middle if he were still here).
  • deffo yes.

no frills player, not always appreciated but keeps us ticking over.
  • Definate yes for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• We don't have anyone better and he's good enough for us as things are. For some reason though I get the impression that he would prefer to be else where. Based on nothing but the vibe I get from his interviews and the fact he goes missing when we're not playing well.
  • If possible, then yes. If not, so be it.
  • edited April 2015
    yes yes yes yes. He's the best actual footballer we have.
  • Yes we can't afford to lose 9 goals a season midfielder, I might be wrong but in every game he's scored in have we won?
  • yes yes yes yes. He's the best actual footballer we have.

Would stick RJ or TW a notch above him in that rankings. He's very good and wouldn't look too out of place in the PL.. IF and big if, he could get stuck in and tackle. He also needs another very decent CM alongside him as he can find himself in trouble at times, he's adapting well to the Champ though credit to him
  • DRAddick said:

We don't have anyone better and he's good enough for us as things are. For some reason though I get the impression that he would prefer to be else where. Based on nothing but the vibe I get from his interviews and the fact he goes missing when we're not playing well.

The word from Standard fan forums at the time was that he was being pulled out of Standard because of some personal problem involving another player and a woman. In that sense we got lucky because he was clearly a highly rated player for them. But they also spoke of him as a box to box player, whereas it looked to me that Peeters mainly played him in a role that essentially replaced Poyet, and maybe that is why he hasn't quite lived up to that star billing. But if he doesn't really want to be here, there probably is no point. A pity, but nobody's fault. Thanks for the superb penalties.
  • Yes no doubt, better than what we have and better than what we are able to sign imo
  • I would, but suspect he thinks a year is enough.
  • edited April 2015
    Yes, for his first year in English football I think he's done well and should improve for that experience. He was in the away crowd at Millwall, maybe we're growing on him.
  • Yes, and in january I posted that I never wanted him in a Charlton shirt again. He has turned himself into a player I want in the team every week, and he's now been 'blooded' in the English game. Why spend another season trying to get someone new to adapt?
  • Sponsored links:

• 100% yes from me.
  • most certainly yes
  • Yes unless we have something considerably better lined up!
  • Yes 100%
  • We miss him massively
  • edited April 2015
    No, sadly I think there's better out there in our price range
  • I would prefer someone better as I think he is quite mediocre - very hit and miss, drifts in and out of games, occasional good pass and a lot of bad ones, not strong enough in challenges. But in our network world he would be a cheap option and has some skill. So in the scheme of things we could do worse.
  • Yes - better the Belgian you know
  • It's a yes from me. If he could get a bit more consistency in his game he could be really useful.