Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'Player putting pen to paper later today' *Diarra -One Year Contract with option of a further year*

1235»

Comments

• Do people think Diarra will be a shoe in start for our midfield or defence next season, or a squad player?
  • Squad, as he can play in midfield and defence.

Curbs sort of player, who can fill in a number of positions.

Bloody good squad player, though!
  • Do people think Diarra will be a shoe in start for our midfield or defence next season, or a squad player?

Depends on whether Yoni does stick around I think. Of the two, Buyens superior quality on the ball and better variety of passing probably edges him ahead, if he goes then Diarra will be the old head partnering Cousins I think.
  • Anyone else draw a sharp breath when he went down in the First Half clutching his knee?

I know he didnt need a physio in the end but for the ball to run out of player am surprised the Ref didnt briefly stop play to check and ensure a physio wasnt needed (Instead he seemed to give him a glance over his shoulder and allowed the throw in to continue)
  • Pleased about this, could do with a few more contracts dished out now.
  • Good signing.
    I know this has been said before, but does this mean a sea change in direction from RD from last season- after all, this time last season we were signing Nego,Polish Pete (ok those 2 were a bit earlier) and Tudgay, this year we are signing Diarra, and hopefully Johnson,Eagles to come.
    It all looks to RD coming to the conclusion that he does need that level of player in order to get to the Prem.

I hope so, but for every Watt, Diarra, Johnson or Eagles, there's still a Dmitrovic or Lepoint lurking somewhere. He just can't resist it.
  • Players get better as they get older.

Do they?
  • All the players who have helped as get 7 wins out of 10, i would like to stay.

Diarra would've had a statue build if we had held on at the den.

I know miracles take longer but JBH will be the litmus test for our ambitions or lack of.

is that Johann Ben Haim
    I think Tal Berg Gudmundsson is also important
    Johann Berg Hasselbaink