Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'Player putting pen to paper later today' *Diarra -One Year Contract with option of a further year*

Comments

• And another thing about Diarra.

It's been a long time since we have had the captain of his country playing for Charlton. (Bartlett?)

So, should provide some leadership on the pitch. Unlike Solly.

Zheng Zhi!
    Absolutely correct! Well done that man!
    Hang on, Ben Haim is the captain of Israel!
  • And another thing about Diarra.

It's been a long time since we have had the captain of his country playing for Charlton. (Bartlett?)

So, should provide some leadership on the pitch. Unlike Solly.

Zheng Zhi!
    Absolutely correct! Well done that man!
    Hang on, Ben Haim is the captain of Israel!
    Bugger! Really got that one COMPLETELY wrong!
  • Decent player with experience who can play in the middle and at the back.

Getting on but still has something to offer.

Good to see the low hanging fruit being picked early

Worth €5m on transfermarket.com and we now have the third oldest squad in the league which is fab. Players get better as they get older.

What's not to like?

Let's wait and see what the squad in like in September.
  • Good news

NOW STAY FIT !!!
  • Good signing. Johnson and Eagles to follow hopefully. I wonder what it means for Buyens.
  • All the players who have helped as get 7 wins out of 10, i would like to stay.

Diarra would've had a statue build if we had held on at the den.

I know miracles take longer but JBH will be the litmus test for our ambitions or lack of.

is that Johann Ben Haim
    I think Tal Berg Gudmundsson is also important
    TBH i meant Johann Berg Gudmundsson.

Thanks for being their for me Paulie.

• All the players who have helped as get 7 wins out of 10, i would like to stay.

I know miracles take longer but JBH will be the litmus test for our ambitions or lack of.

is that Johann Ben Haim
    I think Tal Berg Gudmundsson is also important
    TBH i meant Johann Berg Gudmundsson.

Thanks for being their for me Paulie.

You mean "there" - what's happened to you !

:-)
  • Decent signing there, he's not made quite as dramatic an impact as the likes of Watt or Eagles with their goals but I think he's done a very good job. Tidy, efficient, and he's a physical unit who can actually play a little too, a useful combination and he's not disgraced himself at CB when needed though I am sure midfield would be both his and Luzon's preference.
  • He hasn't actually played many games in recent years, so hopefully will have plenty of miles left in his legs
  • Am I the only one who thinks Eagles is a bit of a luxury player? I would prefer us to invest in a Jed Wallace of Portsmouth. I am happy with Diarra though, good cover in Centre mid and central defence.
  • Sponsored links:

I don't see what happens to one player proving anything. He might have unrealistic wage demands, other clubs might be willing to pay a big fee, he might refuse to sign a new deal.
  • dickplumb said:

Am I the only one who thinks Eagles is a bit of a luxury player? I would prefer us to invest in a Jed Wallace of Portsmouth. I am happy with Diarra though, good cover in Centre mid and central defence.

I can take or leave Eagles as well dick.

Diarra is a great signing. He has got a lot of quality.

• Happy with this ...he's a strong player
  • Pleased with that as a starter. He has looked very assured.
  • vg in take or leave dick shocker, I spose the modern man has many facets, me I will stick to being a neanderthal
  • Happy as he's good cover. I too am not fussed with Eagles. Johnson is regressing imo. Sign up TBH though. Bin Bikey. Extend JBG.
  • Diarra stays for a while .. good signing but it could mean that Buyens will be departing (pure speculation)
  • I'm not sure Diarra staying means Buyens is necessarily going.

If Buyens goes he needs replacing and Diarra is already in the squad so not a replacement.
  • From the photo it looks like they tidied the broom cupboard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not convinced. Flatters to deceive. Underwhelmed. Network castoff. Well done Alou!
  • Saw him for first time on Friday. Slow and ponderous and struggled to control the ball unless he received a slow pass with no opposition within 10 yards. Don't remember him even attempting a tackle never mind making one and did not press in a meaningful way at all. Singularly unimpressed. Hope I am proved wrong.
  • I thinkhe is a decent signing. Good to tie him up before somebody else has a go.
  • Good signing.
    I know this has been said before, but does this mean a sea change in direction from RD from last season- after all, this time last season we were signing Nego,Polish Pete (ok those 2 were a bit earlier) and Tudgay, this year we are signing Diarra, and hopefully Johnson,Eagles to come.
    It all looks to RD coming to the conclusion that he does need that level of player in order to get to the Prem.
  • Is it John Barnes?
  • This may or may not be a good signing. If he is being signed as cover at CM or CB at reasonable wages then this is a good signing. If the expectation is that he is the starting CM or is on really high wages, then I would be concerned
  • Good signing that. Experienced head. Bet he helps Cousins' development.
  • Good signing, thanks Alou.
  • WSS said:

dickplumb said:

Am I the only one who thinks Eagles is a bit of a luxury player? I would prefer us to invest in a Jed Wallace of Portsmouth. I am happy with Diarra though, good cover in Centre mid and central defence.

I can take or leave Eagles as well as dick.
    Each to their own.
    ffs I asked for that

*the comment, not dick!
  • Put in a decent performance today.

Looking forward to Yoni being back, though!