Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham | Tues 07 Apr | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Charlton Athletic v Fulham
Tuesday 7 April 2015
Referee: Andrew Madley (West Yorkshire)

Introduction
Following the disappointing annual defeat at the hands of our rivals Millwall; Charlton fans have a chance to put that result behind them as the Addicks play host to another London Derby, this time against Fulham... Relegation from the Premier League last season for tonights opposition ended a 13-year spell in the top flight and as their struggles continue, our opposition find themselves not just under the shadow of their European powerhouse neighbours: Chelsea, but for this season at least also find themselves under the shadow of their underdog neighbours in Brentford, and with them occupying the last spot available in the Championship for next season, a win and three points for Fulham tonight could go a long, long way.

The Opposition
As already mentioned, Fulham have certainly strugged this season despite spending big, the main transfer activity in the whole of the Championship centred around their new Striker; Ross McCormack who was signed for a league record fee of £11m from Leeds United... One player doesnt make a team though and with just eleven goals from the Scottish Striker a better return would be expected for that kind of fee.

In the hot seat as well its not all be plain sailing... Felix Magath, their German Manager from last season was sacked in September, leaving Fulham at the foot of the table with just a single point and in would come Kit Symons as their Caretaker Manager... Just one defeat in nine matches (which included a 3-0 win at home against Charlton in front of Sky cameras) would ensure that Symons got the job on a permanent basis and with that kind of form you'd expect the ship to have been steadied.

Unfortunately that has now been the case and with Fulham now sitting just seven point ahead of our neighbours Millwall, Fulham have decided to call in a man who has only ever been relegated the once, providing assistance to Kit Symons in the Charlton dugout this week will of course be a man no stranger to Charlton fans, in Alan Curbishley.

Player to Watch
I must admit when we faced Fulham earlier in the season I was slightly disappointed not to write up the preview... Reason being is obvious really as my player to watch tonight is none other than our old Youth Product in Scott Parker.

Signing for the academy in 1990... Scott would go on to spend 14-years at Sparrows Lane before making a controversial move over to league rivals at the time: Chelsea, it was in South West London where his career would stall but spells at Newcastle, West Ham and Tottenham would show the world the Parker we once knew and would deservedly win Footballer of the Year in 2011.

England caps would remain few and far between but in 2012 would be part of the England Euro 2012 squad playing in all four matches, despite many feelings (including mine) on here, it was with pride when we saw him lead out England as Captain in a friendly against Holland as members of Valley Gold could puff out their chests and said "We as a club, produced that talent".

He would join current club: Fulham in 2013 and playing his first match against the Addicks last October in almost 10-years would score the first goal to set Fulham on the way to victory, his legs may slowly be going but will still surely have a part to play this Tuesday night.

Line-Up
Henderson
Gomez - Ben-Haim - Johnson - Fox
Gudmundsson - Diarra - Cousins - Bulot
Watt - Vetokele

Prediction
Charlton Athletic 2-1 Fulham

Comments

• edited April 2015
    CAFC 4 FFC 4

One to live in the memory for a long time.

And the disappointment of throwing away the lead three times will be dulled by realisation that is puts Fulham one more point above Millwall.
  • 1-1 - Guarantee we're still in this league next season.
  • 3-1 to GL's Red & too much White Army.
  • IF...Cousins is on his game tonight, then we can do this.
  • Games without a win against Fulham to rise to eight. Score Draw.
  • Reading some of the very strange comments on here i expect Fulham to have a massive support tonight.
    Not from me.

2-1 win. ( Buyens pen , Watt )
  • 3-0. We only do 3-0 (or lose)...
  • WOW... No one noticed that I'd set the date for the match as April 8th... the eagle eyed amongst are slacking ;)
  • Reading some of the very strange comments on here i expect Fulham to have a massive support tonight.
    Not from me.

2-1 win. ( Buyens pen , Watt )

Not possible as Buyens is suspended.

I really think we will bounce back and Nick this one 2-1

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    Interesting to see how Luzon approaches this one, he may be tempted to play players who he thinks will definitely be here next season (so perhaps no TBH/Vetokele etc) but injuries/suspensions might mean he doesn't have that option.

Will we see one of Fox or Wiggins switch to RB ?
  • Bovvered
  • Gomez will be at RB

0-0
  • se9addick said:

Interesting to see how Luzon approaches this one, he may be tempted to play players who he thinks will definitely be here next season (so perhaps no TBH/Vetokele etc) but injuries/suspensions might mean he doesn't have that option.

Where is Vetokele going?
  • robroy said:

se9addick said:

Where is Vetokele going?
    I don't know ?
  • End of season game, I hope we bounce-back with a resounding 3 nil win.
  • I can't see Fulham scoring they are an awful side at the moment. Comfortable 3-0 win.
  • One thing that should be interesting is the fact that Luzon only lost two on the trot when we played Middlesbrough and Norwich.

Seems to be someone who knows how to bounce back from a defeat
  • Back to winning ways tonight with another 3-0, the outside chance at the playoffs is still at stake. We just need the team's above us to implode, maybe all their pitches will turn into sinkholes
  • Been up since five, only just got home from Lisbon but i'm still looking forward to tonight, for some strange reason!

2-0 Addicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Their defence is terrible and Watt and Vetokele should have a field day. 4-1 to Charlton and Friday's demons are ever so slightly exorcised.

Also, I'll be the lone fan giving Scott Parker a round of applause as he trudges off disappointedly to boos from everyone else.

• This lot are up there with Millwall as a bogey side for us and have a history of

a) putting form out of the window when they play us
    b) coming back from a home thrashing with a good away performance

0-2
  • 31/20 for a home win on bet365. They hate us but we're easy to make money on
  • 2-0 addicks...match thread from 6.45 pm.............COYR's
  • FFS this is taking up valuable thread space and distracting from all the Millwall chat
  • This lot are up there with Millwall as a bogey side for us and have a history of

a) putting form out of the window when they play us
    b) coming back from a home thrashing with a good away performance

0-2

Nobody is in the same league as that lot down the road to us in terms of being a bogey side but they do seem to have picked up more points than they might have deserved over the years against us that much is true.

I'm going for a reaction to last Friday from our lot but only good enough for a 2-2 draw. Parker scoring for them naturally.
  • Players already getting their swim trunks in their cases and searching online for new designer sunglasses.

0 - 1
  • Going into it wanting revenge for the 3-0 on TV but it's one I won't be too sad to lose, should be lose.
  • Thats amazing - am I the only person who didn't even know Curbs was with Fulham? How did I miss that?

Anyway. Can't see past a 5-0 defeat at the hands of premier league standard opposition with an 11 million pound striker. That's a million a goal folks.
  • We have nothing to play for, they are 4th bottom. 0-2 Fulham. Parker gets his usual screamer.