Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'' You're never beat Millwall ''

Maybe we should just give them three points every year,

Its getting stupid now,

Comments

• Look on the bright side, we usually give them 6 points!
  • The thread title is more stupid

Maybe that's what they actually sing?
  • Euell never beat Millwall ?
  • Maybe we should just give them three points every year,

Its getting stupid now,

only now? What about the last 19 years?
  • Could have something to do with everyone's negative attitude going into it, players and fans included. Doesn't matter what players we have every year, they know about the record and there's no doubt that it weighs heavily on them. As for the fans, how many wrote the game off before the fixture list even came out? People can go on about how it's a curse and what not, but when it comes down to it, NO one has any confidence, and I think that will always have an effect. Dare I say karma?
  • Wow
  • You're? Surely you'll.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:

Could have something to do with everyone's negative attitude going into it, players and fans included. Doesn't matter what players we have every year, they know about the record and there's no doubt that it weighs heavily on them. As for the fans, how many wrote the game off before the fixture list even came out? People can go on about how it's a curse and what not, but when it comes down to it, NO one has any confidence, and I think that will always have an effect. Dare I say karma?

So it's the fans fault now? Come back in another 20 years after watching us fold against them every single time and you might see it differently.
  • How many years were we in a higher division ? Doesn't bother me one bit
  • Rossman92 said:

Could have something to do with everyone's negative attitude going into it, players and fans included. Doesn't matter what players we have every year, they know about the record and there's no doubt that it weighs heavily on them. As for the fans, how many wrote the game off before the fixture list even came out? People can go on about how it's a curse and what not, but when it comes down to it, NO one has any confidence, and I think that will always have an effect. Dare I say karma?

So it's the fans fault now? Come back in another 20 years after watching us fold against them every single time and you might see it differently.
    I clearly said players and fans, also any local media or any other Charlton follower who has no confidence in us beating them. We can't win if the support is not fully behind them
  • We don't win that fixture.
    It's just the way it is.

Wouldn't trade a win and have their league position though would we.
  • It will be funny if they don't stay up now. Rotherham are in free fall and I can't see them getting enough wins to stay up, 4pts isn't enough of a cushion.

Millwall have given themselves a great chance to stay up. They'll look pretty poor if they don't do it now.
  • What's worse is that I can see them doing it next season as well
  • dickplumb said:

You're? Surely you'll.

I think you'll find it's your.

• As soon as the final whistle was blown......this was exactly what my Nephew text me!
    Not the wisest thing to say, or the best time to say it (although I think its bloody right!!) But I unfortunately replied "Fuck right off!" and mentioned something about the "Wanker/ Homer of a referee!

I love him to bits really, although I haven't heard from him since!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:

Rossman92 said:

So it's the fans fault now? Come back in another 20 years aftuer watching us fold against them every single time and you might see it differently.
    I clearly said players and fans, also any local media or any other Charlton follower who has no confidence in us beating them. We can't win if the support is not fully behind them
    Ross our fans were superb yesterday. Couldn't have made much more noise or got behind the boys anymore. Don't think i've ever seen us celebrate a goal like that before.
  • i has a great day yesterday! regardless of the result i still went out and got hammered :smile: sore head today though lol. when we scored i haven't seen anything like it! it was amazing! best 12mins of my Charlton supporting life :smiley:
  • I'm never, ever going to build up my hopes again. I genuinely believed yesterday was our moment by the time I walked into the Den I had convinced myself that we were going to thrash them and, once again, we just didn't show up.

I was 10 last time we won again against them, I wonder what age my great-great grandchildren will be when we do again.
  • Rossman92 said:

Rossman92 said:

So it's the fans fault now? Come back in another 20 years aftuer watching us fold against them every single time and you might see it differently.
    Ross our fans were superb yesterday. Couldn't have made much more noise or got behind the boys anymore. Don't think i've ever seen us celebrate a goal like that before.
    Alright that's a great point. In fact I saw a Millwall fan on Twitter said he never rated our fans until yesterday because they were so fantastic. However all the stuff that is said on here, and on other social media, I'm pretty sure the players see all of it. I know our record against them is abysmal but we can't just right off a game before it even starts.
  • Rossman92 said:

Rossman92 said:

Rossman92 said:

Alright that's a great point. In fact I saw a Millwall fan on Twitter said he never rated our fans until yesterday because they were so fantastic. However all the stuff that is said on here, and on other social media, I'm pretty sure the players see all of it. I know our record against them is abysmal but we can't just right off a game before it even starts.
    Don't really think what is said on here or social media effects the game much
    but if the payers wanted us to be more positive going into the game in future its easy
    Bloody win the game once and we will be more positive
  • Rossman92 said:

The negativity is over powering at times before the games but yesterday at kick off the mood was as positives as it could be.
    Guy has gone on record by saying he loves the pressure, the players change from year to year, so why does it always happen ?

It's not lack of confidence on CAFC players part but the Millwall players trying to silence the Cafc fans who kept singing that's why your going down every time they played a mistimed pass, and your shit and you know you are.

Maybe a read of a Sports Psychology book wouldn't go amiss as the Millwall crowd were just about to turn on their own side yesterday before we gave the Millwall side the lift they wanted.
    Our side were struggling from the first whistle and needed a lift but the crowd were too obsessed with Millwall and not about getting our 10 players through the 98 minutes.
    Crowds never change and back in the day sang "Rodney is a fairy" to Rodney Marsh.
    Yes he got 3 goals and curtsied to the covered end(Peter Reeves didn't have him in his pocket that day)

Taking Watt off the only player who could hold on to the ball was a mistake but having played for 72 minutes with 10 men our game plan went out the window and a draw would have been a great result. We have won 7 out of our last 10 but when i said that church is one of the worse headers of a ball earlier in the season, i hope you can see what i mean when that great cross came in from the Left. I have never questioned his honest work rate.

Don't mind being slagged off but i do go the games and really enjoyed the manic moments with the penalty save and the goal. Just feel we might be better off keeping
    the slagging off till we have the points wrapped up.

Why motivate the other side when the games going on?
    (i know most crowds do it but i wish we could be different)

• I like the sentiments but totally disagree , do you think we sat there in silence till the final whistle the day we sent the palace down ?
  • I like the sentiments but totally disagree , do you think we sat there in silence till the final whistle the day we sent the palace down ?

Don't remember that game................................
  • What bothers me more is when I read that we haven't beaten them since 95 when, for most of those seasons we have been in a different division (usually a higher one)

" we sang we will never play you again and now their in a higher division"

Are CAFC fans incapable of seeing the Irony of their comments ?