Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon questions Solly red card

2»

Comments

• with it only being a one game ban and Solly's knee, it might be a rest on Tuesday and he can come back Saturday anyway.
  • redman said:

with it only being a one game ban and Solly's knee, it might be a rest on Tuesday and he can come back Saturday anyway.

Solly's knee should be no issue
    International break and only 30 minutes on Friday
  • I thouht a straight red meant a 3 game ban?
  • I thouht a straight red meant a 3 game ban?

Only for violent conduct.
  • Isn't a red standard two match ban, violent conduct 3 match +, one match ban is two yellows therefore a red in one match isn't it??
  • I'm fairly sure it is a one match ban for a red card regardless of two yellows or straight. It is only a three match ban if it was violent or dangerous.
  • According to the FA suspension list - http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions - Solly is only banned for 1 game
  • I finally got around to watching the highlights last night and really can't see if it struck his arm or his face, but if it did strike the arm, it was only cos he was trying to protect his face. It's not as if his arms were out or there was any intent, so does that warrant a red card? not a chance. A yellow card? Absolutely not. A penalty? A very harsh outcome.

Bottom line is the ref obviously has no balls and didn't fancy a few spanners turning on him. A total homer decision, but don't expect anything else in these games.............
  • Sorry Tango, but if you raise your hands/arms to protect your face & hits them it's handball.

I should know. I did it for Sherington Junior School in Charlton Park @1972 :smile:
  • anyone know if we've appealed
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone know if we've appealed

If we did, they would consider it to be frivolous and he would have to serve an extra game ban.
  • I don't think it was a handball. His arms are tucked into his body. They're not in an unnatural position and it all happens so quickly. The red has to be 100% sure it hits his arm deliberately and if I can't make my mind up after watching the replay God knows how many times, how can he be 100% sure within that split second?

Bottled the big decisions as he was scared.

The club have been very quiet since Friday in general. Both players and club combined.
  • edited April 2015

I don't think it was a handball. His arms are tucked into his body. They're not in an unnatural position and it all happens so quickly. The red has to be 100% sure it hits his arm deliberately and if I can't make my mind up after watching the replay God knows how many times, how can he be 100% sure within that split second?

Bottled the big decisions as he was scared.

The club have been very quiet since Friday in general. Both players and club combined.

Did you go ? I know the Sky video is very poor & inconclusive. But Solly had both arms raised by the side of his head.
    His arms were not tucked into his body, whatever the video looks like. They were in an unnatural position unless you are an orangutan or a chimpanzee. :smile:
  • Sorry, bit unrelated but what the hell is this use of the word 'homer' all about? Only noticed it in the last few days but suddenly it's all over the site.
  • A "homer" gives decisions in favour of the home team. Probably swayed by the crowd.
  • Oh. Makes sense. I must have missed the memo.
  • scruffle said:

Isn't a red standard two match ban, violent conduct 3 match +, one match ban is two yellows therefore a red in one match isn't it??

Just read this. Need an aspirin now!

Haven't commented anywhere else since the game. I think a lot of people have already said a lot of what I was thinking but anyway...didn't think it was a handball, but didn't think the first was a booking either. As for the other end, Hooiveld should have gone for a 2nd yellow, just moments after his first, for being all over Watt and bringing him down.

Watt sub was a mistake. Churchy will run his nuts off, but he's often chasing balls down and lost causes. Watt will occupy opposing defenders in a far more worrying way...good for us and causing panic for them.

Great cross and flick from Fox/Diarra. Hendo also had a very good game, but I don't agree with a number of posters having a go at players. I thought we did well with 10 men...probably better than we had started with 11.

Shit happens! Inevitably, that shit is always Millwall!