Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon questions Solly red card

Comments

• Fans question why Luzon took off Watt for Church and we immediately conceded !
  • Fans question why Luzon took off Watt for Church and we immediately conceded !

Because Church went in goal right?
    Have a look how the move starts - it's one of those air-headers that Church has been doing for 3 years.
  • So it's all Luzon's fault. Glad we cleared that up.
  • Where's there's blame there's a clam lol

Why's there always gotta be blame??? It's just one of those things. It's poxy but that's football.

• If Luzon is annoyed with the decision and Solly is adamant it hit his face
    then appeal

if there is no appeal we know it was just Luzon trying to blame the ref.
  • We were dog shit , we bottled it , we always do . Get used to it.

• He's been Charltonised!
  • Sponsored links:

then appeal

Was it a straight red or second yellow?

If the latter then it cant be appealed I dont think
  • edited April 2015

If Luzon is annoyed with the decision and Solly is adamant it hit his face
    then appeal

Well you should try thinking, it's great.

then appeal

looked to me like it was a straight red, that's why I said appeal
  • Daggs said:

If Luzon is annoyed with the decision and Solly is adamant it hit his face
    then appeal

Well you should try thinking, it's great.

No it's not, it's bloody awful; I thought we were going to win today.

• Apparently solly had a bloody nose/lip from the ball hitting him but could be bullshit! scum mate who sits near the tunnel said it looked like it as he walked off!
  • My view was that he handled it but who knows, church missed a header because he jumped to early that would of changed the game but that hindsight and the scum beat us end of no good harping on about it all, had so much stick it's untrue
  • smiffyboy said:

My view was that he handled it but who knows, church missed a header because he jumped to early that would of changed the game but that hindsight and the scum beat us end of no good harping on about it all, had so much stick it's untrue

Have
  • I'll watch the FL show tonight before I make my mind up but I believe our acting captain is a very principled, honest player and would not have remonstrated with the pillock in the yellow/black had he been guilty of handling the ball.

He was also very angry with the Millwall no 21, and looked to be beseeching him to admit it wasn't handball .....all to no avail of course.

I didn't see the bloody lip but surely the man in the middle would have ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll watch the FL show tonight before I make my mind up but I believe our acting captain is a very principled, honest player and would not have remonstrated with the pillock in the yellow/black had he been guilty of handling the ball.

He was also very angry with the Millwall no 21, and looked to be beseeching him to admit it wasn't handball .....all to no avail of course.

I just stumbled upon the results of a recent optometrist appointment for a Mr. Mick Russell.

Turns out he's legally blind. Who knew?
    Everyone now!

I just stumbled upon the results of a recent optometrist appointment for a Mr. Mick Russell.

Turns out he's legally blind. Who knew?
    The legendary Dennis Burgess was at the game today and offered his glasses.
  • In all fairness it could have hit his hand into his face (not watched it since and don't really fancying do so atm), it's a shade harsh but those decisions will be given if his hands aren't by his side/behind his back however silly that is. M.Russell is and always will be a shit ref though. Going 1-0 up then to lose with 10 men or not is the bigger talking point, if you can take the lead with 10 you can defend better. Onwards and upwards and hope Millsmall gain no momentum.
  • If it had been at the other end the penalty would not have been given because mick russell behaved like a scared jumped up little girl.
  • Looked to me like a handball but I couldn't see his face from my position so a split lip/blood from the face could prove me wrong. Even if that call WAS right, the ref got plenty of others wrong... No 5 shouldn't have been on the pitch to score that winner.

I can totally see why Watt came off, he hadn't managed to get anything going and they had yet to score. The crowd were getting riled, the Milwall lot would have resorted to legbreakers out of sheer desperation/vindictiveness had their goal not pepped them up so taking our most talented/valuable player off seemed a valid call to me. Don't think Tony would have done any better with either cross/header either, they were pretty high and frankly Church would have been lucky to get real power behind either, and Tony's not renowned for his aerial prowess either.
  • thenewbie said:

Looked to me like a handball but I couldn't see his face from my position so a split lip/blood from the face could prove me wrong. Even if that call WAS right, the ref got plenty of others wrong... No 5 shouldn't have been on the pitch to score that winner.

I can totally see why Watt came off, he hadn't managed to get anything going and they had yet to score. The crowd were getting riled, the Milwall lot would have resorted to legbreakers out of sheer desperation/vindictiveness had their goal not pepped them up so taking our most talented/valuable player off seemed a valid call to me. Don't think Tony would have done any better with either cross/header either, they were pretty high and frankly Church would have been lucky to get real power behind either, and Tony's not renowned for his aerial prowess either.

Thing is we have nothing left to play for. This game was the last one of any interest. One up, they had to come at us in the position they are in, leave Watt on and he is a great outlet. It is not a coincidence both their goals came when we had no one left upfront for them to worry about. As for Church, the first cross was perfect, right on his head, he miss-timed it. The cross was hit with pace, just needed to connect properly and it was a goal, but he isn't good enough.
  • So it's all Luzon's fault. Glad we cleared that up.

Don't forget the Ref!

Gotta give credit to the fans, first time in months I haven't seen us lump all the blame on one or two players, instead we are blaming the ref, and the manager for taking a player who up to that point, had done absolutely nothing.
  • Huskaris said:

So it's all Luzon's fault. Glad we cleared that up.

Don't forget the Ref!

Gotta give credit to the fans, first time in months I haven't seen us lump all the blame on one or two players, instead we are blaming the ref, and the manager for taking a player who up to that point, had done absolutely nothing.
    .....and replacing him with a player who has done nothing for 2 years !
  • Luzon should have brought Lepoint on for Watt rather than Church. It would have taken millwall 10 minutes to work out what he is and then he would probably have scored the winner. Just think we would have had to sing his name for years and years?
  • So I take it we aren't appealing the decision, and therefore have accepted that it was handball?