Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charity match update

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]if anyone has a specific track they would like that might be slightly unusual

i think an apt track may be 'everybody hurts'

I'm sorry Paul, that just ain't gonna fly!!
  • Options
    make sure its not all your dance crap, i expect plenty of cheese !!!
  • Options
    Christ we have not even played a record yet & the punters are moaning already....this is what they call in the trade as a 'Difficult Crowd'. :-)
  • Options
    I could supply an 80s playlist for the oldies among us - 'Come on Eileen' for starters!
  • Options
    Requests for the Birdy song & such like will be treated with the contempt they deserve.
  • Options
    As long as you have Chesney and the Proclaimers, i'll be happy :-)
  • Options
    I hope you are making notes Carter as our resident Cheese man, cos I don't play that crap. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I hope you are making notes Carter as our resident Cheese man, cos I don't play that crap. :-)

I try not to but if your audience demands, the audience gets. The line is well and truly drawn at Birdie song, agado etc. Proclaimers, come on Eileen however are okay.

Skids, The Clash, The Jam will feature. I will look towards providing choons or origin including recent charty stuff (Killers, Razorlight, Kasabian) a smattering of lighter funky house, a few golden oldens (Van morrison et all) I want to know about tunes that you don't normally hear but would like to.
  • Options
    I also have a lead connector that can plug an Ipod or MP3 player direct into the Mixer so if anyone wishes to bring their Ipod/MP3 player along that will solve some problems.
  • Options
    How about "One" by U2.

I always associate that song with the Play Off Final (Sky played it at the end of the match against the highlights)

Mx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we are the champions?

was on a night out in camden recently and they played this at 2am. gives me shivers as reminds me of the play off final

same as "let me entertain you" despite being robbie williams, reminds me of when the players came out of the tunnel for the play off final in those bad suits, and the fireworks went off.
  • Options
    any truth that Red Pete and Ooh Aah are going to do a Robson & Jerone version of 'I Believe' ??
  • Options
    i hope a bit of PVD is gonna be on the 1's & 2's ketters!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]1's & 2's ketters!!

isn't that rhyming slang for 'shoes'?
  • Options
    Let me entertain you, Right here right now by the fatboy, We are the champions, moving on up, the only way is up all the play off final stuff will make an appearance. If someone has a copy of BDL's Valley Floyd Road and that back to the Valley record. That would be handy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Let me entertain you, Right here right now by the fatboy, We are the champions, moving on up, the only way is up all the play off final stuff will make an appearance. If someone has a copy of BDL's Valley Floyd Road and that back to the Valley record. That would be handy

A couple of years ago I bought my Dad a CD of Charlton songs (joke stocking prezzie) I'll bring that along if you like.

1. Red Red Robin - Cotton, Billy
    2. Clive Mendonca Song - Valley Boys
    3. Down At The Valley - Squeeze
    4. 1998 Play Off Final Commentary - Various Artists
    5. Back To The Valley - Various Artists
    6. Red Army - 3 Blokes From F Block
    7. One Famous Night (21/12/57) - Addicks
    8. Ere We Go - 3 Blokes From F Block
    9. 1998 Play Off Final Commentary - Various Artists
    10. 1998 Play Off Final Commentary - Various Artists
    11. Alan's My Man - Kinky (1)
    12. Red And White Dynamite - Zak
    13. 1998 Play Off Final Commentary - Various Artists
    14. Pride - Valley Boys

Mx
  • Options
    That would be handy M

Where on earth did you find that CD though?
  • Options
    On Amazon, Just doing a search and it came up with this!

See I'm useful for somethings!

Mx
  • Options
    Gold star M!!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    'I believe I can fly' - Cos I think my legs wont be able to carry me after running ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]'I believe I can fly' - Cos I think my legs will be able to carry me after running ;)

Good play on words, but no
  • Options
    "Gold Star M"

Carter - Why Thank You!!

Just had a thought though - Us girls will be getting changed in a different area - so all this about songs is a little irrelevant............
  • Options
    I think the songs are for the bar afterwards, rather than the changing rooms, could be wrong though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I think the songs are for the bar afterwards, rather than the changing rooms, could be wrong though.

You would be right Stu.

M, I'm sure we will have sounds in the changing rooms too just not Ketmans bloody great big set up!
  • Options
    Sorry Guy's I assumed these songs were for the dressing rooms....

I must learn - never to assume!

;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]"Gold Star M"

Just had a thought though - Us girls will be getting changed in a different area - ............[/quote]

i dont mind keeping the ladies company
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]"Gold Star M"

Just had a thought though - Us girls will be getting changed in a different area - ............

i dont mind keeping the ladies company

I wondered how long it would take for the pervs to come out of the woodwork - Carling you beat Medders!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Not sure where you girls keep getting the idea you are changing in different changing rooms, last time I looked there was a home & away one plus a refs one. As I understand it the girls get changed first whilst all the blokes stand & watch although I may be wrong. :-)
  • Options
    LMAO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Not sure where you girls keep getting the idea you are changing in different changing rooms, last time I looked there was a home & away one plus a refs one. As I understand it the girls get changed first whilst all the blokes stand & watch although I may be wrong. :-)

LOL - ;-) In your dreams!