Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charity match update

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Squad lists, details and itinery will be posted out next Wednesday 3/5.

Please wait till then if you have any questions, or failing that send me a whisper. thanks.

One thing we are currently slightly short on is raffle prizes, it doesn't have to be Charlton related, but if anyone has anything or their company could provide something that could be classed as a decent prize, we'd be most grateful, and please send me a whisper.

A number of players still haven't paid their £30 entrance fee to the Justgiving site. I know some are doing their sponsorship seperately, but the more people who do theirs via Justgiving, the more manageable it will be.

Local press will be well covered, but if anyone has a contact at a national that may be interested on doing a piece on the angle of a supporters group trying to be pro-active in raising funds for a local community project, showing the better side of foootball supporters blah blah, please send me a whisper.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Only 16 players have coughed up... well 15 plus one ref. Come on everybody get your fingers out and start to make this a fundraising extravaganza.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Only 16 players have coughed up... well 15 plus one ref. Come on everybody get your fingers out and start to make this a fundraising extravaganza.
    boo
    name and shame ; )
  • Options
    Afka, the day is being promoted as of this week, regularly, (every other hour) on 103.7TGRSound, albeit using me as a presenter as the hook.

The 'Just giving' site is being mentioned as a way of donating, should listeners wish to do so and I'm trying to get a link sorted out on the website, although this may take a while as the 'Web' people aren't around just yet.

Also if I could remind you to let me know any contacts you have from Demelza, so we can try to get them on the station to promote the charity and the match, that would be great.

Oh and of course you have to come on air at some point as well.

If it's still ok I would like to have some of our people there to record the events of the day for later broadcast and podcast hopefuly.

Cheers
  • Options
    Remember one & all Pay Day is just round the corner for some, so get collecting. We appreciate ALL donations however small, but effort does need to be made in order to get results. So another Big Push required if we are gonna smash this £10k target.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Only 16 players have coughed up... well 15 plus one ref. Come on everybody get your fingers out and start to make this a fundraising extravaganza.
    Well I'm off on holiday this weekend, so saving my £30 for that. Will pay it on the just giving site when I get back (which is happily also after my pay day)
  • Options
    Sorted AFKA
  • Options
    I have a lot of cash sponsors, as I understand it I'm not meant to pay it into my account then pay on line as it's not my money. How will it be totted up the amount much individuals raise via their forms?

Or should I just pay it into an account and do it online anyway?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I have a lot of cash sponsors, as I understand it I'm not meant to pay it into my account then pay on line as it's not my money. How will it be totted up the amount much individuals raise via their forms?

Or should I just pay it into an account and do it online anyway?

It will be a bit unfair on someone handling loads of cash on the night so pay it into your account & transfer it in via the Justgiving site, remember to say it is your money when logging it though so they can reclaim the tax.
  • Options
    That's what I thought.

Trying to get people to pay it via the website is fecking difficult.

And I think some people have the wrong idea about sponsoring. A fella in my local said he'd give me a fiver for every goal I got! Doesn't work like that old bean.

'Oh right, I'll weigh you in after then'

No. Pay up front, I don't want to be chasing people all over Medway for the sake of a fiver. The tight arsed shysters
  • Options
    Hit them up after monday as everyone will be paid thats what Im doing....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whats the site again?
    Not been on here for ages.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Whats the site again?
    Not been on here for ages.[/quote]
    www.justgiving.com/charltonlife
  • Options
    AFKA - Ive had a hectic few weeks at work and with friends arriving from Oz plus other crap happening I stopped keeping up with this event. My calendar has this match down to being played on the 21st May and 23rd May. I will be returning from Istanbal on the 21st so I'm hoping the date is 23rd. Would you please confirm date and time. Thanks Solid.
  • Options
    crap calendar, its the 22nd May !
  • Options
    Thanks. I was hoping that I could take my Oz pals to the match but my dates were wrong again and I return from Turkey on 22nd.
  • Options
    AFKA - That donation from Walker on the site is for me. For some reason he decided not to stick my name in the comments box. Soz.
  • Options

Mine's going on after pay day on the 5th. Great total so far, imagine what it'll look like when everyone has paid!
  • Options
    ill pay tonight, the thirty quid that is, and then start collecting the rest... any one got a really good reason why were collecting before the match as you know youll get the 'ill pay you after the match crew'
  • Options
    £6,700 so far, fantastic.

http://www.justgiving.com/charltonlife

Come on people, keep pushing. There are a number of players that don't seem to have gone around friends and work collegues yet. Its everyone's responsibilty to raise sponsorship, not just a few.

I'll be sending out the teams and itinery tomorrow, and will be contacting a few people individually in the next few days who i know nothing of their sponsorship.

AFKA
  • Options
    Git a fair few quid sitting in a collection bag in my local to be added in good time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes mate no worries, I'll bring her along. I normally hide it when I'm dj'ing to stop some twat grabbing it and going 'SHABBA' into it!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Yes mate no worries, I'll bring her along. I normally hide it when I'm dj'ing to stop some twat grabbing it and going 'SHABBA' into it!!

And now rude whispering....!

What next Carter?!?!?!
  • Options
    how long after the event does the just giving site stay open?
    i ask because i have handed out sponsor forms to my better half (and others) to take to work, people that don't even know me have sponsored me. i'm sure most wouldn't mind but i would feel a little awkward nagging them to pay up before the day.
  • Options
    it will run for a while after, but we're keen to get as much of the money done and dusted preferably before the event, or quickly following.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Yes mate no worries, I'll bring her along. I normally hide it when I'm dj'ing to stop some twat grabbing it and going 'SHABBA' into it!!

And now rude whispering....!

What next Carter?!?!?!

I'm a crap whisperer. Horse whispering is more up my street
  • Options
    I have just sent an email around the office for donation and will hit my pub this weekend.
  • Options
    A good few of ours on there now, including a few cryptic ones ie 'Wish Derek Hales played for AFC'...

Weegie and Mr Weegie aka Heather and Robert aka McKinlay and Kidd.
  • Options
    Bless my Mum & Sister for sponsoring me £50 yesterday, yes it's me with the dodgy Groin..!
  • Options
    As a pointer for this, as me and Ketters are showcasing our talents on the wheels of steel after if anyone has a specific track they would like that might be slightly unusual please send me a whisper so I make sure I bring music that covers everyones tastes.

Or if someone wants to carry my music boxes which weigh a ton but contain almost everything imaginable!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite] if anyone has a specific track they would like that might be slightly unusual

i think an apt track may be 'everybody hurts'