Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player Of The Year Dinner -Details

As another season draws towards a close, tickets for our annual Dinner will be on sale at the box office from Monday 16th March. It will be held at the Valley on Sunday 3rd May and tickets will cost £36 each. One carer for each disabled supporter can purchase a ticket for £18. The event is organised entirely by the Fans Forum with the support of the club. As in past years, the allocation of players to tables will be done strictly on a first come first served basis so if you buy your tickets early you have a good chance of a player on your table. The winners of the Player Of The Year vote, the Young Player Of the Year and the Colin Cameron Fan Of The Year will be announced during the evening as will the names of the 3 players being elected into the Hall Of Fame. Also this year we will be additionally commemorating the achievments of the Valley Party and if those events of 25 years ago have slipped your memory, take a trip to the new Museum for a refresher course.

The Player Of The Year vote for 2014-15 seems wide open so get your tickets early and make certain that you are among the first to find out the identity of the winner !!

Comments

• Got my 2 last week.
  • Only four pounds cheaper than a place at the sponsors dinner. Sponsors dinner used to be about 60 quid I thought?
  • Profits from the evening, to the club? Charlton related charity?
  • 25 years ago KJL. Who let you be a museum trustee? : - )
    shirty5 said:

Profits from the evening, to the club? Charlton related charity?

I know they made a big donation to the museum.
  • Do you know what the food will be?
  • Whoops !! Changed it to 25 years. Seems longer. It will be a 2 course meal. Chicken, with a vegetarian option for those who do not eat meat
  • I know what Seth's next question will be :smiley:
  • You got it, what will the vegetarian option be?
  • Roasted Butternut Squash topped with Ratatouille and Cheese
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds good.
  • I tried buying on Saturday as I keep meaning to attend one so I can get drunk and harass Johnnie Jackson. I'll be purchasing 4 today.
  • Doubtful there will be much profit this year. The cost of the food is dramatically more expensive than previous years now that the catering is no longer in-house. We have had to increase the ticket prices for that reason but have kept the increase to a minimum. I still think it is good value at £36 a ticket. Any profit will go to the Fans Forum and in turn be filtered back to the club again. Nobody is making anything out of it otherwise and we, as organisers, buy our own tickets.

Must take an awful lot of organising so good on those that do, especially buying their own tickets which is above and beyond I reckon.
  • Got my 2 last week.

How did you manage to get them last week if they only go on sale today?

• He had enough clique points saved up so had access to the special presale.
  • Absolutely no criticism intended as the organisers do a brilliant job. £36 for a two course meal seems an awful lot, especially if it is standard corporate fare (apologies if it is better than that). We use private caterers for our golf club functions and seldom pay more than £15 to £20 per head for three/four courses and all the trimmings. Are drinks included or is the club stuffing us on venue hire cost? Not asking out of any criticism, just curious and may be able to put some cheaper names your way for future years.
  • edited March 2015
    but are yours served by cafc socceretes
  • £36 for a two course meal is an awful lot if it's the caterers choosing that, as you take away the main attraction that the club are providing (the players, the entertainment) and you'd/they'd be selling no tickets. Out of your hands, they'll sell out either way, so good work organising and thank you.

• I agree with others that £36 for a two course meal is a lot, but we get far more than that with the events taking place. Am sure if the club offered a two course meal without the players and awards, not many would bother. Hope that the event will make it worthwhile for lots of us though. Will add my thanks to all those involved with the organising, I would not like to do it myself, and hope they don't get the blame for the caterers charges.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got my 2 last week.

I'm special :smiley:
  • Got my 2 last week.

I'm special :smiley:
    Lucky you!

• The event in my opinion is worth £36, i have attended a player of the year dinner and it's well worth going if you haven't been before, don't think you will be disappointed.

A Good night and the players will be happy to chat, have pictures taken and also sign stuff.
  • We are obliged to use the caterers who hold the franchise for all food and drink at the Valley. They and not the club determine the pricing and we have to either accept their costing or the function could not go ahead. Just as the price for food on matchdays has sharply increased, so has the price per head for functions. The only alternative would be to switch the event to an outside venue which we really did not want to do.. I think that £36 a ticket is not outrageous for an event of this type, but guess that the take up of tickets will determine whether others feel the same way. Fanny and I negotiated the price and accept responsibility, but really there was not much more that we could do.

Thanks for the. clarification. I guess the caterers have you by the short and curlies. Well done for all your efforts regardless.
  • Got my three last week as said at Bromley on Thursday
  • Indeed, well done to Fanny and killerjerrylee, having been on a couple of other event committees in the recent past with them,they have a high regard for value for money, as well as all the details that are so time consuming to make these events such a success. Personally I think having an event like this away from the Valley would be rather strange. Hope to go myself.
  • Been a couple of times and I think its worth 36 quid. Unfortunately have to miss it this year.
  • Anybody know how many to a table?
  • Anybody know how many to a table?

normally about 10 or 12 I think.
  • I thought was 8-10.