Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JBG

2»

Comments

• I don't know why because he is a talented player but I just don't feel the love for him like I know I should
    Maybe the 2 year contract says to me he doesn't really wanna be here , I just can't put my finger on it
    I have more love for Vetokele and Tony Watt Watt Watt

He likes it here but I can't see him outstaying that 2 year contract even if he finishes it. Be outstanding if he does, he's very well liked around the club and him & TW are getting on like a house on fire.

The decisions in our owners hands and the offers we will inevitably received, not in JBG's as he's happy where he is atm.
  • The issue here is whether RD would sell him if he does not extend the contract to maximise value from him - RD's experience with Yann and Stevens was apparently poor and I guess he would not tolerate players running down their contracts...
  • sam3110 said:

He will be sold in the summer for 3 million euro to a bundesliga team

He said the reason he came to us was for a route into the prem! So I can see him going to a lower prem side or maybe a promotion chasing champ side.!
    That could be us in a couple years
  • I don't think he has the pace for Prem and yet to face a savvy FB who shows him outside where he has no right to get a decent cross in. And we will be challenging next year I'm sure. Get him signed Katrein.
  • Dick Advocaat, if he keeps the Sunderland job, is a real worry for me to snap up JBG from us. He's a big fan of him, has known him for years.
  • I don't know why because he is a talented player but I just don't feel the love for him like I know I should
    Maybe the 2 year contract says to me he doesn't really wanna be here , I just can't put my finger on it

That's the Charlton freak in you talking. We shit ourselves around a tricky skillful player.
  • Oohaahmortimer, the thing is with Johann is that he is a game changer.
    He will glide in and out of the game. that befits his position in the team.
    For a one footed player on the "wrong side" or right side when he cuts in,
    has been one of our successes this season and only Henderson or Cousins
    may stop him being POTY. If Tony Watt had been here all season both Igor and JBG
    would be on about 15 goals by now, with Tony himself on about the same.

If only we could keep these 3 we could all start to believe.
  • We haven't had a skilful quality player like JBG for some time.
    Katrien if your reading this, give the lad a new 5 year contract ( a pay rise in old money) with a £10 million release clause.

DONT sell him in the Summer, with the carrot that this is a club on the up ,that's given him his chance, and will be a great club to be a part of this, and next season, (given the significant investment in playing staff forthcoming from the boss in the summer).

Give him a £10 million release clause, with a 25% sell on fee, ( yes I do play too much footie manager). With the caveat that if we're not in top 6, by January 1st 2016, that he can be sold.

I think he hedged his bets with the two year deal but he seems to interact really well with the crowd and he's always very positive about the club from what I've heard. If he signs a new deal in the summer we'll be laughing
    I think that's the plan - we had to convince him to come hence he only wanted a 2 year deal. Whoever scouted him and got him in (I think it may have been Bobby P) then we have to salute him because he is a fantastic find.

Really hope we can get him a 2 year extention in the summer because he would fit in the Premiership and I'd bloody love it to be in a Charlton shirt. I understand he fits in well with the other players too so hopefully we can show him how ambitious we are and he signs on the dotted line.

• Sponsored links:

• If we have intentions to build for the PL he is the sort of player we need to keep.

If we have intentions to break even and develop and sell players at a profit to give the owner a return then he is the sort of player we will sell.

Summer will be interesting.

That's the Charlton freak in you talking. We shit ourselves around a tricky skillful player.
    I love tricky and skilful players Paul Mortimer being the daddy of em all !
  • We have to keep him simple as that.
  • Ah Morts. Wonderful player.(smile on face)
  • Paul Mortimer will always be the greatest dribbler of a ball in Charlton history. What a joy he was to watch.
  • I'd forgotten about Morts, a real joy to watch, must be 20 years ago, haven't had many like that since really.
  • edited March 2015

vff said:

He is no Salim Kerkar but then again who is :wink:

Salim Kerkar ?

thanks Plenty of Shots, spent ages trying to find his 1 goal, nothing on youtube
  • My son tells me theirs a rumour doing the rounds that Wolves are after him, is this a load of codswallop?
  • Thank you, no disrespect to Wolves, but I thought he could do better than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard Cawley tweeted it so wouldn't say it's all bollox
  • cafctom said:

Paul Mortimer will always be the greatest dribbler of a ball in Charlton history. What a joy he was to watch.

it wasn't just his dribbling - he perfected the art of the one knee sliding tackle !!
  • I'd be pretty disappointed if we were losing our best players to Wolves.
  • se9addick said:

I'd be pretty disappointed if we were losing our best players to Wolves.

Awful kit