Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JBG

http://youtu.be/aYafhj_BjmU
http://youtu.be/kPmYB9VcW9Y

When did we ever have a player who could finish like this?

The secret seems to be getting him in the right mood and providing for him?

I hope he can push on and become even better - I watch these goals, pinch myself and ask how CAFC ever managed to get the lad to The Valley. The boy clearly loves scoring stunners and tekkers like you rarely see.

Comments

• vffvff
    edited March 2015
    Magic hatrick for Iceland great to see again.

Cracking bunch of goals for Charlton.
  • Easily my favourite player of the current crop. Possibly since the Premier League years.
  • He is no Salim Kerkar but then again who is :wink:

Salim Kerkar ?
  • vff said:

He is no Salim Kerkar but then again who is :wink:

Salim Kerkar ?

thanks Plenty of Shots, spent ages trying to find his 1 goal, nothing on youtube
  • One of the few players to actually live up to his YouTube videos.
  • according to wiki hes onlyon a 2 yr deal. Why?
  • vff said:

Salim Kerkar ?

thanks Plenty of Shots, spent ages trying to find his 1 goal, nothing on youtube
    Kerkar's best game IMO was his performance in the 5-4 win against Cardiff.

• Oggy Red said:

vff said:

Salim Kerkar ?

There was definitely a decent player in there but getting it out in the team system at the time was an issue.
    I had high hopes when we signed him and sorry it didn't work out as it might have.
  • according to wiki hes onlyon a 2 yr deal. Why?

Because we are a 1 year stepping stone, as we will want to sell for moneys.
  • Sponsored links:

• purdis said:

Oggy Red said:

vff said:

Salim Kerkar ?

There was definitely a decent player in there but getting it out in the team system at the time was an issue.
    I had high hopes when we signed him and sorry it didn't work out as it might have.
    I thought Kerkar was pony the first time I saw him and didn't see anything to change my opinion that he was L2/conference level at best.

JBG however is the real deal. A real game changer and (along with Cousins) my favourite current team member...........
  • purdis said:

Oggy Red said:

vff said:

Salim Kerkar ?

I thought Kerkar was pony the first time I saw him and didn't see anything to change my opinion that he was L2/conference level at best.

JBG however is the real deal. A real game changer and (along with Cousins) my favourite current team member...........
    I only saw him a couple of times but he'd been at Rangers and JJ came from there so I was confident he'd do the business.
    Some players simply never get that extra bit of time they need to get sufficient match time to reach their best within a system - maybe Lawrie Wilson could be something more if he got a decent run?
    It's hypothetical because the Club cannot afford such luxuries.
  • edited March 2015
    Johan's 3rd goal for his hattrick looked very similar to Reza's goal vs Leeds. So Reza would be the last person we've had that could finish like that, all be it just that one goal lol
  • Salim Kerker's crosses always went flying over the bar and into the back of the North Lower, good riddance!
  • JBG certainly has a great left peg on him. I like him.......a lot.
  • Best attacking midfielder we've had in god knows how many years. Could and probably should have moved to a Premier League side.
  • Rossman92 said:

Johan's 3rd goal for his hattrick looked very similar to Reza's goal vs Leeds. So Reza would be the last person we've had that could finsih like that, all be it just that one goal lol

http://youtu.be/LaO7CIydgmM
    I see what you mean
  • I don't know why because he is a talented player but I just don't feel the love for him like I know I should
    Maybe the 2 year contract says to me he doesn't really wanna be here , I just can't put my finger on it
    I have more love for Vetokele and Tony Watt Watt Watt
  • Sponsored links:

• He's my POTY
  • Signed him for free so can't complain. Will probably end up leaving for free at the end of his contract hence pocketing a signing on fee. Good luck to him!
  • He will be sold in the summer for 3 million euro to a bundesliga team
  • iaitch said:

If he doesn't want to be here then why sign in the first place?

He's given us good value so far, can't really complain.

Agree he's been fair value and he would not have been on his own on not wanting to be here when we were on the slide but he was still scoring.

The Cardiff goal at The Valley - one of my favourite goals ever - suggests the boy does not like losing and as others have said, he is a game changer.

We are very lucky to have him and if we are to reach the top flight then we need to keep him.
  • sam3110 said:

He will be sold in the summer for 3 million euro to a bundesliga team

He said the reason he came to us was for a route into the prem! So I can see him going to a lower prem side or maybe a promotion chasing champ side.!
  • Definitely my Player of the Year so far.
  • I suspect he wouldn't commit to a long term contract . If we could get him to extend for another season then that would be good business.

I would love to see him next season but suspect he might be off loaded . Along with Vetekele and Watt I can see him being extremely effective next season.

He is also left footed and with the rareness of decent left footed players that should increase his value .