Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Blackburn | Sat 14 Mar 2015 | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• 2-0 win for us. Luzon will have done his homework on them.
  • Tbh back and revenge for the cup defeat, 1-0 charlton
  • Take it easy Red, lets hope the boys can get us another three points and make you feel a bit better!!!

COYR................
  • Oh goodie Blackburn are coming back into town, the first fixture I always look out for when the fixtures come out. Both sides will be looking to extend faint play off hopes but I think both will suffer a set back. 1-1 but it should be a good open match.
  • dickplumb said:

Blackburn have got the best front two in the division in Rhodes and Gestade. Also Conway and Marshall are excellent. I am hoping that the exertions of Liverpool and Bolton will have effected them. If not I can see Blackburn nicking this 1-0.

Watt? At best 2nd best.
    Your forgetting about Watt and Vetokele.
  • Hoping we can win this one. Should be a few goals 3-2 Charlton. COYR
  • two in form sides.. unless BumBurn are saving something for t'coop, I fancy them for a point .

CAFC2 v Blackburn Rovers 2

T'chicken coop or t'FA coop, Lincs !

• 13 - 1 Easy. COYA
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Blackburn have got the best front two in the division in Rhodes and Gestade. Also Conway and Marshall are excellent. I am hoping that the exertions of Liverpool and Bolton will have effected them. If not I can see Blackburn nicking this 1-0.

Watt? At best 2nd best.
    I think Rhodes and Gestade are more prolific than Watt and Vetokele.
  • Plenty of goals ... 2-2 and not too bothered about our result , come on Bolton
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Watt? At best 2nd best.
    Watt & Vetokele have had nothing like the time Rhodes & Gestede have had to gel so too early to judge like for like.
    Gestede is a class act - would like to see him more consistent, though.
    Rhodes track record speaks for itself but I have a feeling Tony Watt can be better.
    Watt is stronger and can provide as well as score.
    Watt is already a greater overall presence than anyone outside the Club Management could have expected.

Tomorrow is going to be a very tough game but if we fire on all cylinders, we can win.
    Whether the hunger is there now we're safe, time will tell - hopefully our lads will be trying to sell season tickets and perform some magic.
  • edited March 2015
    dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Watt? At best 2nd best.
    I think Watt and Vetokele under the new regime will be better than Gestede and Rhodes.
    Vetokele's turn to rub the Lanky Lads' faces in it tomorrow with an assist from Tony Watt Watt Watt.
    Back to a binary 1-0 but with a bit more style and flair than Peeter's incarnations.
  • 2-1 addicks. I will be unable to do the match thread tomorrow due to illness, hope to be back for Blackpool game, apologies to all.

Look after yourself RM. Get well soon.
  • I'm worried as my partner is away and won't be at the game, she's never seen us lose live.
    So at best a draw I fear.
  • CAFC to win by one goal and keep the faintest and most distant of play off hopes alive for a little longer.

"Let me tell you, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane", quote from Otis "Red Robin" Redding, The Championship Redemption.
  • I'm really,really sorry lads, but i'm going today.
    And i havnt seen us win at home (or away) since Wolves 2013 - prob a total of circa 20 games since then.
  • The hardest one to call in these unfamiliar, playing well and winning "New Charlton" times, I am also going with 2-2, but we might sneak out with a 3-2; and as others have noted, it depends on how we deal with Rhodes and Gestede.
  • Every time we play Blackburn I remember the 3 - 4 defeat of 1958! We needed one point for an immediate return to the (then) first division in front of a record second division crowd at Charlton of over 56,000.

Let's hope for a better result today: 4 - 3 Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Today is a good test to compare the current squad, especially with Tony Watt on board, to last year's team as we played Blackburn towards the end of the season and lost 3-1 but it could have been 8-1.
    Depends if we turn up but Luzon likes to win so expect a positive performance.
  • Can't make the game today but it will be a good mark of how far we've come since Peeters. Blackburn's reserves completely outplayed and out muscled us in the cup. I'll take a draw in this one.
  • dickplumb said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gestade in the Prem next season...not with Blackburn though.
  • edited March 2015
    Dreamt that Tony Watt scored a left foot screamer in a 1-0 win.

Only problem is, it was against Wolves... at Vicarage Road... and Guy Luzon was like an unofficial cheerleader on the sideline, orchestrating the crowd's chant of TWWW.

It must be a sign?

COYR
  • Dreamt that Tony Watt scored a left foot screamer in a 1-0 win.

Only problem is, it was against Wolves... at Vicarage Road... and Guy Luzon was like an unofficial cheerleader on the sideline, orchestrating the crowd's chant of TWWW.

It must be a sign?

COYR

of early onset dementia.
    i dreamt that Tony Watt scores a hatrick and Katrien shows him what pulled pork really is.
  • Dreamt that Tony Watt scored a left foot screamer in a 1-0 win.

It must be a sign?

COYR

of early onset dementia.
    i dreamt that Tony Watt scores a hatrick and Katrien shows him what pulled pork really is.
    Stop making me laugh when I'm trying to be grumpy.
  • My first home game for a couple of months. 0-1 Rhodes 80th min.
  • edited March 2015
    Henderson
    Solly TBH Johnson Fox
    Gud Cousins Diarra Eagles
    Watt Vetokele

Dimi Gomez Wilson Buyens Bulot Church lepoint

I think with their attack I'd be more comfortable with the experience of TBH and RJ at cb so Gomez drops to the bench.. For the same reason I'd have Diarra shielding the back four as he's more to a tough tackler......

Think Eagles deserves a start although it is harsh on Bulot!

3-1 Charlton Watt Igor and Eagles