Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cousins interview from Sky

2»

Comments

• brogib said:

PL54 said:

Comes across so well in every interview of his I've read. Seems to have his head screwed on

Did he buy you some trainers? !
    Poor comment and totally unnecessary.
    I don't understand
    Glad I ain't the only one
    Google reveals all
  • A few Charlton players are making a name for themselves in recent games. The acid test is will these players like Watt, Gomez, Cousins be sold. RD sold the top players at SL during the window. It will give us a big clue as to what his intentions are.
  • Decent player but would be lost in the prem if he went now. Just look at that Judas Poyet. I like the fact he's got an eye on next season with us too. Plenty for him to work on in his game to improve and he'll do that best with another season playing nearly every game in the champ.

Sounds like Powell had a big influence on him, perhaps the reason why he seems to have his feet on the floor.
  • dickplumb said:

A few Charlton players are making a name for themselves in recent games. The acid test is will these players like Watt, Gomez, Cousins be sold. RD sold the top players at SL during the window. It will give us a big clue as to what his intentions are.

This:

I hope they won't be sold, or at least not given away for peanuts like Paul Walsh and Paul Elliott. Katrien did say last night that they learnt from the Poyet episode.

• Shrew said:

Granpa said:

Nice lad with his feet firmly on the ground. I'm sure that Roland will be looking upon him as a good influence as more academy youngsters start to challenge for their places in the squad. We haven't at this stage encountered what action Roland will take when faced by a Premiership Club approaching one of our players. That day will tell us a lot more than Roland has ever done.

I expect like most other owners in Charlton's football history if the price was right he would sell him.
    Fixed it!
  • edited March 2015
    I would hope we keep him for that big push next season. I would have thought he is only likely to go up in value.
  • PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Comes across so well in every interview of his I've read. Seems to have his head screwed on

Did he buy you some trainers? !
    Poor comment and totally unnecessary.
    I don't understand
    Glad I ain't the only one
    Google reveals all
    Still a bit confused!
  • Really cant see it happening as there are too many in front of him but if he were to be called up for the U21 Championships this summer that could change whether he's here or not next season.

Wouldnt be the first player to come out of the blue using an international tournament to elevate him to another club
  • I must be one of the few who doesn't get all the fuss. He is energetic but as been mentioned already his retention and ball control need heavy improvement.

Think he could play in the Premier League one day but only with a smaller side like a Burnley/Leicester, no more than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    cafctom said:

I must be one of the few who doesn't get all the fuss. He is energetic but as been mentioned already his retention and ball control need heavy improvement.

Think he could play in the Premier League one day but only with a smaller side like a Burnley/Leicester, no more than that.

At the end of our famous league 1 promotion season Jordan was a youth team right back and for a good chunk of the next season too.

Chris Powell moved him into Central midfield with a bit of right side, Riga persevered and Peeters played him left side.

Point I'm making is that after nearly two full seasons as a midfielder he is being seriously discussed as a potential Premiership player.

The lad has a good attitude and I think he can go all the way. I hope it is with us.
  • cafctom said:

I must be one of the few who doesn't get all the fuss. He is energetic but as been mentioned already his retention and ball control need heavy improvement.

The good thing about that though is these are things that he can develop. Pace, stamina and a footballing brain are tough to train into players, impossible in some cases. He does give the ball away too much but that's something he can work hard on and at 21 he has plenty of time to improve. I think the hype is around the fact that the framework for a very good player is there as long as he is willing to work
  • Redrobo said:

J BLOCK said:

From reading the interview it doesn't seem too likely that he'll be around for a while for us, with his goal to work hard to be playing in the Premier League soon with no mention of us!

'Want to be playing' being the key thing, great player but let's face it he's not banging on the door for prem teams just yet.

You are joking of course.
    You think he's ready to play prem yeah?
  • J BLOCK said:

Redrobo said:

J BLOCK said:

From reading the interview it doesn't seem too likely that he'll be around for a while for us, with his goal to work hard to be playing in the Premier League soon with no mention of us!

'Want to be playing' being the key thing, great player but let's face it he's not banging on the door for prem teams just yet.

Maybe not week in week out for a champions league contender but some of the shit I have seen on match of the day this season makes me wonder why people like Cousins are not regarded higher

Box to box
    Pace
    Stamina
    Great in the air
    Leader
    English

Who gives a fuck if his passing can sometimes be a little iffy. If he could pass like Xavi then we wouldn't have him.

All that said though I am probably happier that the big boys aren't paying him any attention. He's captain material

• When you compare Jordan Cousins with say Jordan Henderson, you can see many similarities. Typical English style midfielders with great physical attributes, hard working, good characters etc
  • Swisdom said:

J BLOCK said:

Redrobo said:

J BLOCK said:

Maybe not week in week out for a champions league contender but some of the shit I have seen on match of the day this season makes me wonder why people like Cousins are not regarded higher

Box to box
    Pace
    Stamina
    Great in the air
    Leader
    English

Who gives a fuck if his passing can sometimes be a little iffy. If he could pass like Xavi then we wouldn't have him.

All that said though I am probably happier that the big boys aren't paying him any attention. He's captain material

I agree with a chunk of this and have loved the fact he's stepped up massively since moving to central midfield. BUT, great in the air??????? Really????? He's ducked out of quite a few challenges, he jumps near them with his eyes closed. Admittedly he's looked better in that area over recent weeks. Also, I care his passing is a bit iffy! Central midfield is where you want to keep the ball, and want it to stick. Lose it there and then you're on the counter!

Like I said though, he has improved and he looks a really good fit for CM. I hope he keeps improving.
  • edited March 2015
    Swisdom said:

J BLOCK said:

Redrobo said:

J BLOCK said:

Box to box
    Pace
    Stamina
    Great in the air
    Leader
    English

You're blinkered by your 'charlton youth team' player loyalty if you think he would even get in the QPR team.

• Love his enthusiasm and professional work ethic. I hope our academy look up to Cousins and think he's the man with the right attitude.