Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland @Charlton today

Comments

• Came to buy Millwall ticket & Charlton top to wear to the match
  • I've heard he fuming. He off to the toolbox tommrow to tell them he's the only one to fxxk off charlton fans not Millwall box office
  • PopIcon said:

Just bumped in to him outside club shop, I asked for a selfie, but he declined. I guess he'll be at the Blackburn match.

Out of all the questions you could've asked the man, you asked if you could have a selfie with him?

I despair... :-)
    I know, we need him to tell us WHAT KIT WILL WE BE WEARING NEXT SEASON?
  • I've heard he fuming. He off to the toolbox tommrow

Am I the only one to read this with the "Mr Dudley" voice in my head?
  • edited March 2015

Came to buy Millwall ticket & Charlton top to wear to the match

I digress @ScooterAddick Lambretta (worthy of the name) or Vespa (hairdrier on wheels - all glitz but little glamour)? :wink:
  • Got both but wouldn't trust the Lammy to get me to Blackpool away!
  • Got both but wouldn't trust the Lammy to get me to Blackpool away!

Never mind Blackpool I only got to Rochester on the way to Margate one Bank Holiday :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Got both but wouldn't trust the Lammy to get me to Blackpool away!

Never mind Blackpool I only got to Rochester on the way to Margate one Bank Holiday :wink:
    Lol.

Thats a different type of club with different goals.
  • PopIcon said:

Just bumped in to him outside club shop, I asked for a selfie, but he declined. I guess he'll be at the Blackburn match.

Out of all the questions you could've asked the man, you asked if you could have a selfie with him?

I despair... :-)
    I know, we need him to tell us WHAT KIT WILL WE BE WEARING NEXT SEASON?
    Blue and red stripes, you heard it first here...

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

Reckon that is a bit off.

Where is the harm in having a photo taken with a supporter?
  • WSA said:

Perhaps he has come over for the Bromley meeting tonight huh?

Sadly HI would be forced to turn him away due to the small top table and two microphone issue :-)

Trying to work out if this is a euphemism!?!? :wink:
  • edited March 2015

PopIcon said:

I wonder if he would have had a normal photo taken..maybe he just doesn't like selfies
  • edited March 2015

PopIcon said:

Maybe he saw the Dowie 'Thanks for ruining my club' video selfie and was playing safe.
  • He came across for the Cheltenham Festival but got the names mixed up? Ended up asking the shop staff for directions!
  • PopIcon said:

If people constantly slagged tyou off, would you be willing to have a photo taken with one of them?
  • If Roland had meetings yesterday with people doing the Sparrows Lane development and things went well, I would feel delighted by that, even more delighted when the work starts. In addition to the pitch, a re-vamped training facility will be an excellent thing.
    I don't know if there is a downside in all this regarding cost or debt, but on this one I feel relaxed, because once built, it can't be shipped off elsewhere.
  • Where there is positive, seek negative
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

If people constantly slagged tyou off, would you be willing to have a photo taken with one of them?
    I'm thinking that the person that wanted the picture taken was a supporter of him.
  • PopIcon said:

I'm thinking that the person that wanted the picture taken was a supporter of him.
    I can understand people getting the hump with celebs when they won't pose for photos with fans on the red carpet etc but this is our owner, at a place of work, being asked by a fully grown man for a selfie. no offense to the OP but RD is probably an old school kind of bloke just wanting to do his job (that he has been heavily criticised for by fans from both CAFC and SL) and he might be thinking this could be turned or twisted in some way (people are sad enough to do it). It's just easier for him to say hello and decline the photo. Let him crack on with improving our football club.
  • PopIcon said:

I can understand people getting the hump with celebs when they won't pose for photos with fans on the red carpet etc but this is our owner, at a place of work, being asked by a fully grown man for a selfie. no offense to the OP but RD is probably an old school kind of bloke just wanting to do his job (that he has been heavily criticised for by fans from both CAFC and SL) and he might be thinking this could be turned or twisted in some way (people are sad enough to do it). It's just easier for him to say hello and decline the photo. Let him crack on with improving our football club.
    Fair enough comment.
    I was looking at it from the fans view, whilst I am not into the 'selfies' and find it a bit too much.
  • PL54 said:

Where there is positive, seek negative

What is so positive? Are we now supposed to set fireworks off because the owner of our club deigns to turn up there?

In fairness I don't see much of a negative either, but as someone whose ambitions stretch to politics, who has knowingly put himself in a high profile position ( or several in his case ) and is aware of new technology and what goes with ( eg bloody selfies ) I think he should be more pepared to accommodate a fan who wants a photo...
  • On my flight a few weeks ago and very obliging.
  • PopIcon said:

Instead of a selfie. You should of asked him for the link to his match day streams
  • vffvff
    edited March 2015
    IA said:

Is it true that the club offered that a member of club staff would pose for a selfie with the Trust but the Trust refused?

It was part of the meeting offered junior admin temps in the development team, Trust got put out, not sure why.
  • edited March 2015

On my flight a few weeks ago and very obliging.

Great keeper probably the best iv ever seen