Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum open this Saturday 11.00 to 1.00. No need to book

Comments

• Any thoughts on the China 2004[giant] poster I brought in last week?
  • brilliant
  • Just in case you are at the ground earlier than usual for some reason. No swipe care needed : - )

Entrance by turnstile 40 to the left of the big badge on the back of the Covered End/North Stand.

Tell any lurking stewards you are going to the museum then jump in the lift to the third floor.

Suggest you don't arrive later than 12.30 or you won't have time to see it all.

Free entry but bring money to buy stuff from the shop or to donate. Please.
  • do you sell any of the shop stuff on-line?
  • edited August 2015
    Not yet, ITRM are building a new website for us which should have an shop.

But if you tell me what you are after I can let you know what we have. Books, badges, programmes, signed pictures.
  • Evening all, Henry we don't know each other, but I have a junior season ticket with only one stub missing from last season(we buy a spare). Think I remember you wanting one, in London Saturday if you want it.
  • I'll be in the museum if you want to drop it off or leave it I reception in an envelope marked for the museum.

Thanks for remembering.

The museum, now as seen on TV : - )
  • No worries I'll bring it down,probably in an envelope marked for you and the museum.
  • Happy to help in a very small way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every little helps as they say but if anyone wants to give us £15k then that would be great too : - )
  • It's all take take take down there, got to remember some old shirts for a chap to,,,, it's not easy being a happy clapper in the west rafters you know. But glad to oblige.
  • Not yet, ITRM are building a new website for us which should have an shop.

But if you tell me what you are after I can let you know what we have. Books, badges, programmes, signed pictures.

I was actually just going to suggest that when paying for stuff from the museum shop on-line, you should have a bit to add a voluntary contribution to the museum.

I am sure a lot of people buying on-line as they cannot make it in person would happily make a donation, even if that is just rounding up the cost of their purchase to the nearest £1
  • many already do when buying badges and pictures via sales on here.

It is all welcome but I'll suggest to the designers that there is an "add donation" option.
  • I didn't get to visit the Museum this week, however it is something I'd like to do.

When is it next open to the general public without booking?

Cheers Henners and any others involved in it all.
  • Open every Saturday before home games from 11.00 to 1.00. Free entry and no need to book.

We'll look again at regular Friday opening but it's not always practical

We will be open on Friday 21 August

• Had a lovely endorsement on twitter this morning from a fan who now lives in Newcastle.

"Very impressed by the #cafc museum (@CHATHMuseum) on Sat, highly recommended; thanks for showing us round, Felt quite emotional!"

Not sure if he posts on here but he knew who I was as did Bangkok Addick!
  • Had a lovely endorsement on twitter this morning from a fan who now lives in Newcastle.

"Very impressed by the #cafc museum (@CHATHMuseum) on Sat, highly recommended; thanks for showing us round, Felt quite emotional!"

That'll be because of your massive belly.....or the cardy...... WINKY THING GOES HERE
  • Fumbluff said:

Had a lovely endorsement on twitter this morning from a fan who now lives in Newcastle.

That'll be because of your massive belly.....or the cardy...... WINKY THING GOES HERE
    But at least my clothes fit me ; - )
  • Buttoned up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

Buttoned up?

Yes, what are you trying to imply?

:smile:
  • Open every Saturday before home games from 11.00 to 1.00. Free entry and no need to book.

We'll look again at regular Friday opening but it's not always practical

We will be open on Friday 21 August

I'll obviously donate to a worthwhile cause. The history of the club cannot be forgotten!

We all know you Henry! (it was me who came in looking for him on Sat...we share a 46-year friendship based around CAFC)

We all know you Henry! (it was me who came in looking for him on Sat...we share a 46-year friendship based around CAFC)
    LOL, I'm terrible at matching up real people with their CL names. Does he post on here?

LOL, I'm terrible at matching up real people with their CL names. Does he post on here?
    I don't think so....

• It might be worth repeating for the benefit of prospective visitors that there is now quite a range of merchandise for sale, including various interesting books, some long out of print. (Unless now already sold, of course!!)

• Open again on Saturday
  • edited September 2015
    Well worth a visit and comes highly recommended. The volunteers are very welcoming, keen to chat and reminisce. Went before the Hull game and popped into Crossbars for some refreshments after and watched the lunchtime match before the fantastic finale to the Hull match to cap off a great day. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed.
  • RedChaser said:

Well worth a visit and comes highly recommended. The volunteers are very welcoming, keen to chat and reminisce. Went before the Hull game and popped into Crossbars for some refreshments after and watched the lunchtime match before the fantastic finale to the Hull match to cap off a great day. Give it a go, you won't be dissappointed.

I'm disappointed at the spelling of such an esteemed Charlton Life poster :-)
  • edited September 2015
    LenGlover said:

RedChaser said:

Well worth a visit and comes highly recommended. The volunteers are very welcoming, keen to chat and reminisce. Went before the Hull game and popped into Crossbars for some refreshments after and watched the lunchtime match before the fantastic finale to the Hull match to cap off a great day. Give it a go, you won't be dissappointed.

I'm disappointed at the spelling of such an esteemed Charlton Life poster :-)
    Esteemed, wow! You're not just a figures man after all then Len :wink: