Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum open this Saturday 11.00 to 1.00. No need to book

Just turn up.

Entrance by turnstile 40 to the left of the big badge. Tell any lurking stewards you are going to the museum then jump in the lift to the third floor.

Suggest you don't arrive later than 12.30 or you won't have time to see it all.

Free entry but bring money to buy stuff from the shop or to donate. Please.

Open Friday too 11.30 to 3.30 when SG3 will be hosting and taking delivery of a signed matchworn shirt from a player who went on to play for England.

Comments

• Eniola Aluko?
  • The players tops on the rail. Are they for sale?
  • The players tops on the rail. Are they for sale?

No. But I believe there is a bag of old shirts that the museum is open to offers on
  • cafc999 said:

The players tops on the rail. Are they for sale?

No. But I believe there is a bag of old shirts that the museum is open to offers on
    Replicas?
  • Is it shelvey?
  • cafc999 said:

Replicas?
    I believe so
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Replicas?
    I believe so
    Shame. Still might have a look just in case I find a retro one there!
  • I am there tomorrow. Are you after match worn ones? If so, what player are you after?
  • Steve Brown preferred, a Redbus home
  • Sponsored links:

• There was a good steve brown one on ebay last week. If my memory serves me right it was a MESH one but it was fully signed
  • cafc999 said:

There was a good steve brown one on ebay last week. If my memory serves me right it was a MESH one but it was fully signed

Never go down that route, the price seems to get inflated, but most importantly I get worried about the authenticity.

Got Green's poppy shirt from Halifax and Youds' away Redbus top(although of course he never wore it!).
    But, still clinging on to get a home top. I'll have to bide my time I suppose.
  • cafc999 said:

There was a good steve brown one on ebay last week. If my memory serves me right it was a MESH one but it was fully signed

Never go down that route, the price seems to get inflated, but most importantly I get worried about the authenticity.

Got Green's poppy shirt from Halifax and Youds' away Redbus top(although of course he never wore it!).
    But, still clinging on to get a home top. I'll have to bide my time I suppose.
    Fair enough and yes, some of the prices for some of the match worn shirts are well over priced (btw the brown one that I was referring to was genuine)
  • Steve Brown preferred, a Redbus home

I have one of those and signed by the squad as well. White though.
  • Was just chatting to Clive on the phone and can't believe there were 40 people there today including some lads over from Ghana who loved it, a West Ham fan who offered to help and some people from Eastbourne who found a play-off final shirt in a storage locker.

Clive is going to tweet a lot of pics so get on @chathmuseum

Glad you liked it Shirty. Now you know what I meant about needing help to sort it all.
  • edited March 2015
    Great day today, thanks to all who came down and the items donated were superb, from a pre season tour of Tunisa penant from 1975 (which we won and have the trophy for) to some old valley signage.

We were also given Scott Parkers matchworn Addicks Shirt, 1940's scrapbooks and the lost recording of our last Valley match, after 30 years we can put commentary to the silent footage from that incredible and thankfully not final day.

I have tweeted some pics
  • Just been in museum with my son some interesting stuff on show worth a look , great idea would be nice to see it get bigger .
  • Spent really enjoyable hour going round the museum, quality stuff, makes the best of limited space, would be great incorporated into one of the lounges. Congratulations to Henry and all concerned.
  • Good to meet you Dippenhall. Good to see Boogica, stuart, red panda and teds addicktion too

Glad you enjoyed it.

Teds addiscktion solved the riddle of why we have a Royal Marine Helmet in the museum.

Got some great new items on Friday and some more today including some 50s programmes.
  • Sponsored links:

• The museum will be open this Friday and Saturday.
  • PL54 said:

Steve Brown preferred, a Redbus home

I have one of those and signed by the squad as well. White though.
    That White one is my preferred shirt over the years.
  • What time is it open tomorrow Ben?
  • 11.30 to 3.30 on Fridays
  • Is it open this Saturday please 11-1?
  • milne said:

Is it open this Saturday please 11-1?

It is and you get the added bonus of me welcoming you : - )
  • That's why we're going today instead ;)
  • Any thoughts on the China 2004[giant] poster I brought in last week?
  • It's great and it is huge.

We spent a while trying to work out where we could put it and we think we might have a solution.