Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Fans' Bar

2»

Comments

• edited March 2015

Stone said:

heavenSE7 said:

I sit in the back row of the north lower. Why is this accessible to north upper only at HT? Often see tables of pre poured pints just going to waste!

Because it's accessed from The North |Upper stairwell.
    So I'm expecting double the usual disruption to our row in Block N by people who think it's a walkway. One day I'm going to refuse to move and let people through, especially while the game is on.
    Not sure. You exit The North Upper onto the concourse and then go down one flight of steps, as if you're heading home, but only go down one flight, instead of is it 2 or 3 flights ?
    I wasn't really referring to North Upper seat holders. Our disruption is mainly from people in the family block and sometimes herberts that come up the stairs from the Lower North to visit their mates.

edit: looking back I didn't make that clear.
  • PL54 said:

People are working hard to find reasons to moan about this one.

Sounds great - what's the capacity ?

I envisage the problems they will have for first few games - bar queues, beer choice, not enough seats, shit pies etc but a good move to add to the match day experience.

North Upper concourse will be less busy at HT too.

Will it be NU ticket holders only before the game - how will you get into Crossbars if your ticket is for West Lower ?

Read the post, it's all there.
  • Guess it will be monitored like Bartrams.
  • PL54 said:

People are working hard to find reasons to moan about this one.

Sounds great - what's the capacity ?

I envisage the problems they will have for first few games - bar queues, beer choice, not enough seats, shit pies etc but a good move to add to the match day experience.

North Upper concourse will be less busy at HT too.

Will it be NU ticket holders only before the game - how will you get into Crossbars if your ticket is for West Lower ?

Read the post, it's all there.
    Rude

So Crossbars has a dedicate entrance / exit that doesn't involve going through the turnstiles? I have only seen the doors from the main stairwell
  • Will there be enough trained staff behind the bar? How would you access say the west upper/lower? Can't see me paying £4.80 for a pint of fizzy lager.
  • LordDofB said:

Guess it will be monitored like Bartrams.

I just walked in, drank and walked out last week - what monitoring?
  • edited March 2015
    addick05 said:

Will there be enough trained staff behind the bar? How would you access say the west upper/lower? Can't see me paying £4.80 for a pint of fizzy lager.

Read the post, It's all there
  • seems a good idea
    well done KM, and it's not often I've said that :smile:
  • Great idea, now whose round is it?
  • There is a glass door entrance in the vicinity of the enormous Charlton badge. I think it's to the left of it.
    You will presumably access Crosbars via this entrance/exit.
    Whether North Stand Upper ticket holders will have to exit the stadium as well and then re-enter like everyone else, who knows. Theoretically, they shouldn't have to, but go through another door onto the stairwell leading to The North Upper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stone said:

heavenSE7 said:

I sit in the back row of the north lower. Why is this accessible to north upper only at HT? Often see tables of pre poured pints just going to waste!

So I'm expecting double the usual disruption to our row in Block N by people who think it's a walkway. One day I'm going to refuse to move and let people through, especially while the game is on.
    I used to be on the end of a row and I refused to move unless there was a break in play. Eventually early leavers/late comers knew to use the other end of the row.
    Not having a st this year I worried but it's not the same issue with a half full stand.
  • You refused to move? Which actually means stand up.

Good grief.
  • PL54 said:

You refused to move? Which actually means stand up.

Good grief.

It disrupted my view sometimes as much as 6 times at the start and end of each half. I just got more and more pissed off and eventually refused to let my view get disrupted if the ball was in play. I missed a goal and that was it.
  • iainment said:

PL54 said:

You refused to move? Which actually means stand up.

Good grief.

It disrupted my view sometimes as much as 6 times at the start and end of each half. I just got more and more pissed off and eventually refused to let my view get disrupted if the ball was in play. I missed a goal and that was it.
    You're lucky we aren't supported by those of a scouse persuasion.

Wouldn't move? I assume you haven't ever heard of hotleg?!?

• edited March 2015

There is a glass door entrance in the vicinity of the enormous Charlton badge. I think it's to the left of it.
    You will presumably access Crosbars via this entrance/exit.
    Whether North Stand Upper ticket holders will have to exit the stadium as well and then re-enter like everyone else, who knows. Theoretically, they shouldn't have to, but go through another door onto the stairwell leading to The North Upper.

Yes it would make sense for somebody to man the entrance/exit doors to the North Upper while ST holders are able to 'swipe' as they leave to go directly into the North Upper rather than have to leave through the main entrance and re-enter the ground through the turnstiles.
  • Has the stadium safety certificate at the Valley changed since last April.

See item 4 from the link below

http://www.cafc.co.uk/documents/april-ff-notes83-1540252.pdf
  • shirty5 said:

Has the stadium safety certificate at the Valley changed since last April.

See item 4 from the link below

http://www.cafc.co.uk/documents/april-ff-notes83-1540252.pdf

Good point shirty.......
    This was the last FF I attended, and welcome the idea of a family friendly area, todays news appears be good news.
    From my recollection of that meeting, all members thought it was good idea..... hopefully the issue of the safety certificate has been addressed.
    see........
    4. Crossbars and Millennium Lounge Packages for 2014/2015 Season (BK)
    It has been difficult to change a precedent that has been set for many years. Existing Crossbars members who do not sit in the north stand can renew for the same price in the Millennium.
    The stadium Safety Certificate dictates that to get people out of Crossbars and into their seats so they must leave by 14:30. Therefore, Crossbars can only be marketed to those who hold tickets in the north stand.
    The club is investigating opportunities to develop a hospitality area for families who come to the Valley with their children.
  • Airman will endeavour to piss all over this tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

PL54 still got a hard on for Airman Brown then.

You know it
  • Be good to hear an update from the safety advisory group on the half-hour needed before the 3pm ko.
    Did seem a long time to me?..... My recollection was that Steve Bradshaw was going to investigate this, before he left the building.......Also the possible use of this area on match days?.........
    London Gaming College, The Valley
    Floyd Road
    London
    SE7 8BL

Not sure, of the practical idea of transforming this facility, but I wonder if it was followed up?.
    Have not been on the ff since then, so perhaps it was impractical.....

Is there not a poster on here..... than could explain the H&S in regard to all of this, sorry if I missed the follow upon this idea, certainly seemed to be worth exploring.
  • You should ask Addcikted.

He's on the safety advisory group and is an H & S expert.

I'm sure he'd be happy to chat to the Trust about things :- )
  • edited March 2015
    Yes, I did not want to single him out..... Henry
    Last time I suggested he meet myself and Heather, he did not turn up,(regarding that interview with Chris Powell).
    Waited outside the museum, but no show.......
    Never met Addcikted in person, be more that happy to do so.

• Never met Addcikted in person, be more that happy to do so.

You haven't missed much : - )

• Will they show the 1245 / 1730 Sky games etc?
  • This is good stuff, along with £175 season tickets. What happens to Bartrams now?
  • Rothko said:

This is good stuff, along with £175 season tickets. What happens to Bartrams now?

I've heard it is being franchised to Spearmint Rhino.
  • Good idea, works in Bartrams so why not Crossbars
  • edited March 2015
    iainment said:

Stone said:

heavenSE7 said:

I used to be on the end of a row and I refused to move unless there was a break in play. Eventually early leavers/late comers knew to use the other end of the row.
    Not having a st this year I worried but it's not the same issue with a half full stand.
    I think the row being referred to is one where you can walk from North West Upper quadrant to the North Stand - I have used it (only before and after the game) to access Crossbars before.

The missus and me used to have seats on the end of our row in C block because we liked to get in the ground at 2.58 and get a swift exit at the end to maximise pub time... The getting up and down was seen as an occupational hazard. :smiley: