Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Fans' Bar

At last somewhere for the riff-raff/JCLs like WSS, AFKA and Ketman to go and leave us proper Charlton some space in the Lib.

"Hi fan

As part of the 2015/16 season our Crossbars lounge will be changing to our all new Fans Bar and will be absolutely free for all fans to use on match days.

The lounge offers a huge number of perks including:
• A family friendly environment
• Spectacular views of The Valley pitch
• Delicious food available to purchase
• Half time access to the lounge (if seated in the north stand upper)
• Live entertainment both pre and post-match.

The lounge is accessible via our North stand reception and will offer all Charlton fans the ultimate matchday meeting point."

I just hope they have worked out a way of limiting capacity as otherwise it will get very crowded and RBG wouldn't be happy.

Comments

• At last somewhere for the riff-raff/JCLs like WSS, AFKA and Ketman to go and leave us proper Charlton some space in the Lib.

"Hi fan

As part of the 2015/16 season our Crossbars lounge will be changing to our all new Fans Bar and will be absolutely free for all fans to use on match days.

The lounge offers a huge number of perks including:
    • A family friendly environment
    • Spectacular views of The Valley pitch
    • Delicious food available to purchase
    • Half time access to the lounge (if seated in the north stand upper)
    • Live entertainment both pre and post-match.

The lounge is accessible via our North stand reception and will offer all Charlton fans the ultimate matchday meeting point."

I just hope they have worked out a way of limiting capacity as otherwise it will get very crowded and RBG wouldn't be happy.

Yay free beer
  • about time
  • This was discussed at several FF meetings in the past, especially when Ben K was involved ie a family friendly area is needed with no admission fee for pre & post match meet ups /drinks/food/warmth etc.

Well done to all concerned.
  • Brilliant. Common sense at last.
  • And what about those who are paying for other lounges?
  • I will go in there now. Never understood why the club thought I would pay £10 just to get in there when I could go to a pub.

Common Sense.

Not hard is it.

• Is it free for non season ticket holders?

"absolutely free for all fans to use on match days."

is what is says.

yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Will there be Bovril?
  • Willieduff will stick to the Lib especially as they have decent real ale on now.
  • Be interesting what time everyone is kicked out before kick off time. 45 mins before kick off?

Licensing laws discussed with the council?
  • And what about those who are paying for other lounges?

They get to avoid oiks like me...
  • Willieduff will stick to the Lib especially as they have decent real ale on now.

Are you a boxer?
  • can you pop in and then pop back out again? say if you want a fag or needed to grab a quiche from the bloke outside the east turnstiles?
  • can you pop in and then pop back out again? say if you want a fag or needed to grab a quiche from the bloke outside the east turnstiles?

There are loos on the same floor... :wink:
  • Get there early and you can pop up to the museum first then lift down to 1st floor and straight in "the fans' bar".
  • Sponsored links:

• Free for all fans including away?

Making it free makes sense to me. I'm guessing their will be a limited capacity to encourage people to get in early and not be put off with how busy it is.
  • It was Ben K who came up with the present structure of limiting Crossbars to North Stand patrons. Big mistake which I discussed with him at the time.
  • I sit in the back row of the north lower. Why is this accessible to north upper only at HT? Often see tables of pre poured pints just going to waste!
  • heavenSE7 said:

I sit in the back row of the north lower. Why is this accessible to north upper only at HT? Often see tables of pre poured pints just going to waste!

Because it's accessed from The North |Upper stairwell.
  • heavenSE7 said:

I sit in the back row of the north lower. Why is this accessible to north upper only at HT? Often see tables of pre poured pints just going to waste!

So I'm expecting double the usual disruption to our row in Block N by people who think it's a walkway. One day I'm going to refuse to move and let people through, especially while the game is on.
  • Be interesting to see their approach on away fans, because you're not going to stop home fans wearing colours being based in the North Stand. Also it's about time for it to be free, no one wants to pay to go into a bar during the day especially as a fan of the club.
  • edited March 2015
    Stone said:

heavenSE7 said:

So I'm expecting double the usual disruption to our row in Block N by people who think it's a walkway. One day I'm going to refuse to move and let people through, especially while the game is on.
    Not sure. You exit The North Upper onto the concourse and then go down one flight of steps, as if you're heading home, but only go down one flight, instead of is it 2 or 3 flights ?
  • People are working hard to find reasons to moan about this one.

Sounds great - what's the capacity ?

I envisage the problems they will have for first few games - bar queues, beer choice, not enough seats, shit pies etc but a good move to add to the match day experience.

North Upper concourse will be less busy at HT too.

Will it be NU ticket holders only before the game - how will you get into Crossbars if your ticket is for West Lower ?
  • Stone said:

heavenSE7 said:

That's the reason me & TelMc32 moved from that row.