Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play off form

No doubt about it. We are showing the kind of form that takes you too and through the playoffs.
Just a shame that mad Bob was going for the Guinness book of score draws early on!

Comments

• Keep the faith!
  • Just so frustrating that we keep winning but our league position doesn't seem to improve
  • I wonder sometimes if Bob thought you got 2 points for a draw.
  • edited March 2015
    Better than play off-form. Automatic promotion form!

Screenshot 2015-03-08 04.13.58

If only... :wink:
  • http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Charlton.html

This page shows our chances of where we could end up given our potential results. Basically, if we win all our games we have a very good shout at sneaking in but we can't drop more than 6 points in our run in to have a sniff.
  • If we win all our games there's a chance we'll make the play offs and all our games look winnable.

But the overall liklehood of winning all those games are extremely low.

Just enjoy next season's preparation.
  • Gives the players something to aim for
  • Sponsored links:

• Forest would have been top if they had won at The Valley
  • WestSA said:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Charlton.html

This page shows our chances of where we could end up given our potential results. Basically, if we win all our games we have a very good shout at sneaking in but we can't drop more than 6 points in our run in to have a sniff.

Likely to end up between 9th and 12th
  • 75 always gets you in the play offs - average low total is just under 73. So that means 9 wins out of 10 - too big an ask if we play like we did yesterday, but given that we don't play any top teams until our final game at home against Bournemouth, I think it is doable. We have to go for victory in every game and if we win our next four it will get interesting. Let's win those and see how it all looks.
  • The mindset ought to be we have a week off, the season starts Saturday against Blackburn Rovers. We get revenge for the abject cup defeat, and go on a 10 match winning run like we did prior to the first promotion to the Premier League.
  • If we keep the majority of the squad together with a few additions,I reckon 2015/2016 could be our season for promotion.And of course Luzon.
  • One game at a time.
  • Keeping and then improving the current squad for 15/16 sounds easy but we don't have a clue as to what Roly has in mind for next season.

Kets just enjoy the rest of this season!
  • Derek1952 said:

If we keep the majority of the squad together with a few additions,I reckon 2015/2016 could be our season for promotion.And of course Luzon.

Have a look at how many are out of contract come 1st June
  • Derek1952 said:

If we keep the majority of the squad together with a few additions,I reckon 2015/2016 could be our season for promotion.And of course Luzon.

Got a link to the CL thread on that @ElfsborgAddick ?

And your aunt would be your uncle if she had balls.
  • Sponsored links:

And your aunt would be your uncle if she had balls.
    Had we beaten them 2-0, we would have been top.
  • vff said:

Derek1952 said:

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/66874/updated-squad-list-8-march-2015#latest
  • Looking forward to our next defeat, just so we can stop all this silly dreaming............
  • I'm more than happy just knowing that we won't be the south London team travelling to Burton Albion in the league next season.
  • edited March 2015
    vff said:

Derek1952 said:

No, just me running through squad on back page of yesterday's programme......oops just seen that our Danish friend has!
  • championship is quite odd this year as the play offs and above seem to be well ahead and those in the relegation places are quite far adrift. Usually the league is a lot tighter and in previous seasons this form would've been enough to get us in the play offs. Not this year though. Would still be nice to win the last 10 games though!
  • If everyone picked up the same number of points from their remaining 10/11 games as they did from their last 10/11 games...

Watford would win the league with 88 points
    Norwich would finish second with 87 points
    Boro, Derby and Bournemouth in the playoffs
    Brentford would finish 6th with 78 points

Charlton would finish 11th with 65 points

Wigan (41), Millwall (39) and Blackpool (27)

In reality, I think the totals at the top will be lower and those at the bottom will be higher.
  • It's not going to happen and I'm more than happy enough with 9th/10th which is pretty achievable after the shambles of the end of Peeters reign and the appointment/early games of Luzon where we were looking at staying up. Cousins/Gomez etc getting more gametime in a winning team and the Igor and Watt partnership continuing to grow would be a great platform for next year to show Roland we aren't far off and get him to invest a little more.

Not losing our best player on a free this summer would be a good sign of progress too.

If Luzon is pushing the players on by setting a target of the playoffs and to keep going then fine but it's pretty silly for us to buy into it when there is no reason to and we are doing well enough.
  • Keep the pressure up, Nothing less than a top 6 spot will do for me this season COYR.
  • We need to keep going for the wins and when it is over it is over - It isn't over yet!