Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can we get the Millwall game postponed for a couple of weeks?

As it stands, it looks highly unlikely (read: impossible) that we'll be able to put the final nail in the coffin.

We'd need all clubs in the bottom half to be on at least 50 points while Millwall lose four in a row.

Would the clubs be kind enough to postpone the fixture until, say, April 21st?

Comments

• As it stands, it looks highly unlikely (read: impossible) that we'll be able to put the final nail in the coffin.

We'd need all clubs in the bottom half to be on at least 50 points while Millwall lose four in a row.

I suppose it would be ironic if they beat us on April 21 but still were relegated that day. Nah, let's just go there and 3-0 on Good Friday.
  • Ha, people actually think we will win there!!

#shakeshead #neverlearn

Sounds like they are giving 3 points to every team who plays them.

#shakeshead #neverlearn

I've just got a feeling AFKA. I'm out of the country for the easter weekend so can't make the game...

It'd be typical that we manage it this season, then Millwall get relegated and we don't play them again for another 10 seasons. I'd have to wait until my mid thirties to get another chance to see us beat 'em!!

#shakeshead #neverlearn

Believe. ...it's going to happen
  • stonemuse said:

Ha, people actually think we will win there!!

#shakeshead #neverlearn

I did that and what happened George missed a 1 on 1
  • It can't possibly happen. We needed Fulham to beat Bournemouth for it to be possible.
  • Stig said:

It can't possibly happen. We needed Fulham to beat Bournemouth for it to be possible.

Beating them will happen ...unfortunately not to relegate them
  • edited March 2015
    Stig said:

It can't possibly happen. We needed Fulham to beat Bournemouth for it to be possible.

If Fulham win their next four games, while Millwall lose their next four culminating in a CAFC win at the Den:

Fulham: played 40, 51 points
    Millwall: played 40, 31 points

20 point gap with 18 to play for.

But as I worked that out, I realise I'd need 3 wins plus a draw for Rotherham, Brighton, Bolton and Reading etc etc and I'm sure some of these teams are playing each other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just winning against those knuckle draggers would be enougn for me. It would also be 3 less points towards safety for them
  • Sorry Callum, but it's not just Fulham. For Millwall to be relegated, it has to be impossible for them to catch anyone. The way that the combination of fixtures pans out means that we'd need Fulham to drop points against Leeds and Huddersfield (because in turn they need to drop points to other clubs). If Fulham drop points the these two then they'll be able to be caught.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2113213/#Comment_2113213
  • Difference is this time, we don't have george, Pete the pole or reza starting up front.

Watty will walk all over them for a laugh. I'm confident this time.
  • Millwall 8 points from safety (9 with goal difference).

7 wins in 36 games.

Likely they now need to win 6 of their last 10 to have any hope of survival.
  • We'll stuff them. They are totally demoralised.
  • As it stands, it looks highly unlikely (read: impossible) that we'll be able to put the final nail in the coffin.

Now then Callum, no gloating :)
  • What if we all did a raindance just before the game - instructions are here: http://www.ehow.com/how_5519447_perform-raindance.html
  • Don't care when we play the spanners, just need to beat them.
  • Nope, I dont care if we dont beat them. We are not going anywhere but they will go down regardless whether we win, lose or draw.
    In a strange way it would be nice for them to beat us, to give them hope and a belief that they can survive.
    Hope and belief, absolute killers.

On the other hand I'd take a 5-0 win over them, all 5 goals coming in the first 10 minutes.
  • I'd take a 94th minute equaliser to be honest, just to piss them right off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nope, I dont care if we dont beat them. We are not going anywhere but they will go down regardless whether we win, lose or draw.
    In a strange way it would be nice for them to beat us, to give them hope and a belief that they can survive.
    Hope and belief, absolute killers.

On the other hand I'd take a 5-0 win over them, all 5 goals coming in the first 10 minutes.

Cannot see more than 9000 thousand in the home end. Will still be plenty enough of them to enjoy a relegation party.
  • stonemuse said:

#shakeshead #neverlearn

I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking mate... :smiley:
  • Stig said:

Sorry Callum, but it's not just Fulham. For Millwall to be relegated, it has to be impossible for them to catch anyone. The way that the combination of fixtures pans out means that we'd need Fulham to drop points against Leeds and Huddersfield (because in turn they need to drop points to other clubs). If Fulham drop points the these two then they'll be able to be caught.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2113213/#Comment_2113213

This is what I suspected would happen, was just too lazy to look up the teams they faced and do the maths. :-)

I'll continue lobbying for this postponement!!
  • This is our time now
    We WILL win
  • edited March 2015

stonemuse said:

#shakeshead #neverlearn

I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking mate... :smiley:
    Welcome mate :smiley:
  • edited March 2015
    I am definitely a curse: I just found out I was born the same day in 1992 that we lost to them 2-0!!

You lot should thank me for getting out of the country and giving us a fighting chance. :-)
  • edited March 2015
    I'm away for this fixture as well boooo
    Let em beat us 5-0 and they get relegated I'd take that now
    Obviously id prefer us to win 0-5 and they get relegated but I just keep thinking they'll fluke ,jam , scrape their way out of it when it will need a miracle for that to happen
    Come on footballing gods send em through the leagues to hell
  • edited March 2015
    Seriously - people never learn. How long does a game have to go on for to be declared a result? 70 mins isn't it?

We could be 10-0 up v Millwank after 69 minutes and there would still be a hurricane blow up out of nowhere causing the match to be abandoned.

I would be more confident on Jacko winning a 100m dash v Usain Bolt (carrying Bikey piggy back) than beating those tossers.

• Thing is, the way it's going at the moment, they couldn't beat an egg...