Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I find Littlefinger awful.

Joffrey was played brilliantly, as was Tywin. Ramsey is brilliant, Tyrion is awesome.
  • Options
    The actor who plays littlefinger was in an Irish film I watched last week about a priest. He was shit in that as well, although his Irish accent was so thick I couldn't understand a word he said.
  • Options
    Tyrion is without doubt the best actor on the show IMO.

That benjen stark went to north of the wall and only his horse returned, so you'd imagine he's probably a white walker now
  • Options

Tyrion is without doubt the best actor on the show IMO.

That benjen stark went to north of the wall and only his horse returned, so you'd imagine he's probably a white walker now

Logic would say that

Ser Jaremy returned as a Wight though after he went north. After being nutted, granted.

I think it's going to be key. No light has been shed on this in the books either

• Options
    Emilia Clark started talking like Snape off the Harry Potter films in the last episode. She's awful.
  • Options

The actor who plays littlefinger was in an Irish film I watched last week about a priest. He was shit in that as well, although his Irish accent was so thick I couldn't understand a word he said.

Calvary, good film that.

Yeah I don't like Aidan Gillen either. Thought he was decent in the first couple of seasons but since then he seems to be hamming it up all the time and that voice is just weird.
  • Options
    I thought Aiden Gillen was good in the wire as Mayor Carcetti. He has a little cameo in Batman the Dark Knight returns when Bain chucks him out the plane (great film). I think he made his name in queer as folk (along with Charlie Hunam of Sons of Anarchy).

You can't argue with Charles Dance as an actor, although his character is dead now. Drinklage is good. Ian Glenn has done theatre so he must have a bit about him. Lena Headley has had a decent career, remember she was in Ripley's game the follow up to the talented mr ripely. Ciaran Hinds who played Mance Rayder is good (again another dead character, there's a theme here if you include Sean Bean, they kill off the characters played by established actors!!!).

Apart from that it is quite difficult given some characters flit in an out. Because there are so many characters there aren't prolonged scenes. Some of them aren't bafta winners though that's for sure
  • Options
    Some of the really good actors are the ones that fit so well you can only think of them as people of that world, like Peter Vaughan as Aemon Targaryan.

That so many people haven't noticed Pycelle is the played by the Nazi who chose poorly is a testament to how good he is!
  • Options
    Just realised from subsequent posts by others that I got Roose and Ramsey Bolton mixed up in my post. :blush: It's Ramsey (the younger Bolton) that I think has been good.
    As far as Roose is concerned, I've almost failed to notice him even though he's an important character. Can't say his acting's been good or bad, just not very noticeable. :smile:
  • Options

Just realised from subsequent posts by others that I got Roose and Ramsey Bolton mixed up in my post. :blush: It's Ramsey (the younger Bolton) that I think has been good.
    As far as Roose is concerned, I've almost failed to notice him even though he's an important character. Can't say his acting's been good or bad, just not very noticeable. :smile:

I think that's actually the entire point of his character so in that respect it's brilliant acting from Michael McElhatton. Roose is even more evil and sadistic than Ramsay but he trades of no-one noticing his crimes. He's the kind of bloke who'll end up winning the whole thing under people's noses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's got one of those bland 'voice over' voices tho..
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Some of the really good actors are the ones that fit so well you can only think of them as people of that world, like Peter Vaughan as Aemon Targaryan.

That so many people haven't noticed Pycelle is the played by the Nazi who chose poorly is a testament to how good he is!

Doesn't matter what I see him in, he'll always be Harry Grout!
  • Options

I think that's actually the entire point of his character so in that respect it's brilliant acting from Michael McElhatton. Roose is even more evil and sadistic than Ramsay but he trades of no-one noticing his crimes. He's the kind of bloke who'll end up winning the whole thing under people's noses
    Good point. Hadn't given him a second thought as a potential victor in the end.
  • Options

It's a bit difficult to imagine him a victor with Stannis' huge army marching towards Winterfell.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's a bit difficult to imagine him a victor with Stannis' huge army marching towards Winterfell.
    You never know with this story.
    God knows what this plan involving 20 men is that Ramsey's got up his sleeve?
  • Options
    Lemon Party
  • Options
    edited June 2015

My money is on King Samwell the Terrible and his beautiful Queen Gilly cunningly beating them all.
  • Options
    In fairness to Sam he can take a kicking almost as good as Jon...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    JiMMy 85 said:

Julian Glover is Maester Pycelle, another fantastic actor.

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

I thought Aiden Gillen was good in the wire as Mayor Carcetti. He has a little cameo in Batman the Dark Knight returns when Bain chucks him out the plane (great film). I think he made his name in queer as folk (along with Charlie Hunam of Sons of Anarchy).

You can't argue with Charles Dance as an actor, although his character is dead now. Drinklage is good. Ian Glenn has done theatre so he must have a bit about him. Lena Headley has had a decent career, remember she was in Ripley's game the follow up to the talented mr ripely. Ciaran Hinds who played Mance Rayder is good (again another dead character, there's a theme here if you include Sean Bean, they kill off the characters played by established actors!!!).

Apart from that it is quite difficult given some characters flit in an out. Because there are so many characters there aren't prolonged scenes. Some of them aren't bafta winners though that's for sure

Based on your logic here Jonathan Pryce as High Sparrow might be getting a come uppance then!
  • Options

cabbles said:

Based on your logic here Jonathan Pryce as High Sparrow might be getting a come uppance then!
    Interesting to see what will happen with the power of the sept and the high sparrow et al. I'm up to date on the books but there are now several differences between the tv show and the books. I'd clarified some on the 'those who have read the books thread'.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Interesting to see what will happen with the power of the sept and the high sparrow et al. I'm up to date on the books but there are now several differences between the tv show and the books. I'd clarified some on the 'those who have read the books thread'.
    I haven't quite bought the idea that Tommen would hide in his room rather than order the King's Guard to free his family. I get that they're trying to imply he's too feeble, but it hasn't been entirely convincing.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Tomnen being young and new to the job finds his powerbase is a bit weak particularly with his mother in the slammer

Perhaps something will develop there
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I haven't quite bought the idea that Tommen would hide in his room rather than order the King's Guard to free his family. I get that they're trying to imply he's too feeble, but it hasn't been entirely convincing.
    I don't know where they are going with it. I know it is broadly in line with the books now as Cersei did get banged up.......
  • Options
    Made me really uncomfortable this week
  • Options
    Urgh that was the grimmest thing I've seen on TV, the ending was pretty awesome but still, urgh.