Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s Versus Bristol City

It finished Charlton 0 Bristol City 2 at a sparse Park View Road. Guy Luzon was there and i got to speak to him and thanked him for the way he is turning around matters on the pitch. He won't be impressed with what happened in the next 90 Minutes. The under 21s were very poor and throughout the whole game they only fashioned 2 to 3 chances. Ansah had the best of the chances but it was brilliantly cleared off the line.
It was good to see Wiggins complete 45 minutes on his road back from injury. There was a bizarre incident at the end when The Assistant referee flagged for a penalty but was overruled by the Referee who wasn't in a great position to see it.
I have not been impressed by the Under 21s this Season, they are lacking, especially in forward positions.

Team

Mitov
Pyke, Thomas, Lennon, Wiggins
Cook, Muldoon, Munns,
Kennedy, Ansah, Ahearne- Grant

Subs Edwards for Wiggins,

Comments

• How was Ahearne Grant? He seems to have gone backwards lately.
  • I wonder if Jason has it in him to be a coach? Never struck me as a thinking footballer, and couldn't trap a bag of cement so passing football never his forté. U21s seem to be under-achieving compared to recent times. Four of that side have played a few games at least in Championship. I'd expect better.
  • edited March 2015

How was Ahearne Grant? He seems to have gone backwards lately.

Ahearne- Grant was poor as were most players. Muldoon kept on over hitting his passes. Edwards when he came on had a bit of a mare. Nobody is pushing their name forward for a first team place.

• dickplumb said:

How was Ahearne Grant? He seems to have gone backwards lately.

Ahearne- Grant was poor as were most players. Muldoon kept on over hitting his passes. Edwards when he came on had a bit of a mare. Nobody is pushing there name forward for a first team place.

Do you think Wiggins is ready for Cardiff, on the bench?
  • No I don't think he is, he only got 45 minutes and he will need a bit longer.
  • dickplumb said:

No I don't think he is, he only got 45 minutes and he will need a bit longer.

Once again, thank you dickplumb for the info
  • Agree with all the points that dickplumb makes.

A very poor showing by our lads with no-one standing out as being anywhere near ready for the first team squad.

With Lennon & KAG on the bench last night, I think it's just as well that neither was called into action.

Maybe a change in management is what's needed here.
  • dickplumb said:

Guy Luzon was there and i got to speak to him and thanked him for the way he is turning around matters on the pitch.

Did you tell him, you no longer go to The Valley since his appointment ? :smiley::smiley:
    Ouch!

• Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Guy Luzon was there and i got to speak to him and thanked him for the way he is turning around matters on the pitch.

Did you tell him, you no longer go to The Valley since his appointment but enjoyed reading all about the three wins on the trot at fortress Valley ? :smiley::smiley:
    Appologies CE had to fix that for you. Swallow your pride @dickplumb and be there v Blackburn :wink:
  • colin1961 said:

Expect Euell to head up to Huddresfield with Jackson taking over under 21
    Heard this from a few people now

Would be happy with that and I suspect the U21s would be too
  • edited March 2015
    colin1961 said:

When CL were asked who they wanted as manager/ coaches a while ago
    i said Riga and Jackson. Luzon and Jackson would be fine too.

Now i'd love Jackson to take over the U21 or even help coach the 1st team.
    If Roland lets JJ walk away without offering him a position, they would be crazy.
    Johnny did more than anyone to keep the fans and players on board when Luzon 1st took over. without him there would have been a civil war.

• dickplumb said:

Did you tell him, you no longer go to The Valley since his appointment ? :smiley::smiley:
    The thing is i gave my Season Ticket away,in a fit of pique, to somebody who couldn't afford to go. I really can't ask for it back. As i have explained before it is NOT the fact of Luzon being appointed it was the way it was done. I wish him all the best i hope he is successful, because i have not changed from being a Charlton fan.
  • colin1961 said:

Thanks, Colin.

• dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

The thing is i gave my Season Ticket away,in a fit of pique, to somebody who couldn't afford to go. I really can't ask for it back. As i have explained before it is NOT the fact of Luzon being appointed it was the way it was done. I wish him all the best i hope he is successful, because i have not changed from being a Charlton fan.
    I'm with you 100% on the way it was done and all the other bs. But I have to go regardless.
    If we were relegated to The Conference, I'd still be there every game. I'm not having a dig btw, we're all different.
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Come back soon @dickplumb . You will have endured far too many turgid games not to enjoy these rare times of exciting attacking football.
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Don't you need your ST to get into the yoof games though?

Anyway thanks for the reports DP. I've seen a few games in the last 12 months and don't think Muldoon has it in him to be a league player. (Mind you I didn't think Poyet was much good either when he played at that level, so what do I know?)
  • Considering these games are shop windows for some of the lads who will be leaving none of em did themselves any favours.

Spoke to Damien Matthew for the first time, can tell he's a shrewdy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the reports. Disappointing that players such as Munns and Muldoon who should really be beginning to press for first team inclusion aren't making more of an impression, especially as RD has clearly stated that the youngsters must be given a chance.
  • Paddy7 said:

Thanks for the reports. Disappointing that players such as Munns and Muldoon who should really be beginning to press for first team inclusion aren't making more of an impression, especially as RD has clearly stated that the youngsters must be given a chance.

The majority of young players don't make it (or not at our level). If we can bring 1 really good youngster through a season then that's a good return.
  • cafcfan said:

dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Don't you need your ST to get into the yoof games though?

Anyway thanks for the reports DP. I've seen a few games in the last 12 months and don't think Muldoon has it in him to be a league player. (Mind you I didn't think Poyet was much good either when he played at that level, so what do I know?)
    I am a Valley Gold member, I flash them the card which they accept. For the game at Welling the gates were already open, anyone could have come in.

• Paddy7 said:

Thanks for the reports. Disappointing that players such as Munns and Muldoon who should really be beginning to press for first team inclusion aren't making more of an impression, especially as RD has clearly stated that the youngsters must be given a chance.

The majority of young players don't make it (or not at our level). If we can bring 1 really good youngster through a season then that's a good return.
    True; it would just be nice to see them pressing their cause. Haven't seen them recently myself so just an observation based on what others have said.

• Maybe the ones pressing their case are the ones out on loan such as Homes-Dennis and Ayo
  • Paddy7 said:

Pronlem with that is that if Duchatalets (possible model) is to work that 1 needs to be worth £5m at least
  • Kap10 said:

Paddy7 said:

Pronlem with that is that if Duchatalets (possible model) is to work that 1 needs to be worth £5m at least
    How many valuable youngsters have we actually produced in the last 10 years (and ignoring contract rundowns)?
    Shelvey
    Jenkinson
    Solly (but for his knees and being only 6 foot 3)
    Cousins
    Poyet
    Gomez
    Elliott/Randolph?

There are others, but hardly the level who will make a big return for your academy, e.g.
    Sam
    Randolph
    Wagstaff
    Harriott (on current form)

• Kap10 said:

Paddy7 said:

How many valuable youngsters have we actually produced in the last 10 years (and ignoring contract rundowns)?
    Shelvey
    Jenkinson
    Cousins
    Poyet
    Gomez
    Elliott/Randolph?

There are others, but hardly the level who will make a big return for your academy, e.g.
    Sam
    Randolph
    Wagstaff

Wow, can you imagine.... 6 foot 3!
  • Kap10 said:

Paddy7 said:

Shelvey
    Jenkinson
    Cousins
    Poyet
    Gomez
    Elliott/Randolph?

Sam
    Randolph
    Wagstaff

Wow, can you imagine.... 6 foot 3!
    RD has started that chant in order to interest PL clubs in Solly :smile: