Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keeper has eye on late play-off surge after Forest win

Comments

• Great interview. Good potential to become a fan favourite, if not one already..
    Saša Ilić, Deano, Robbie Elliot, Hamer and now Henderson??

We always manage to pick out a good goalie :)
  • Great interview. Good potential to become a fan favourite, if not one already..

and plenty of crap ones as well
  • Great to read! It seems an impossible dream, but football is a funny old game...
  • Defence seems so assured with him in goal. Didn't appreciate his all round game until we slumped with him out the team. Seems a good lad with a good attitude.
  • Mike Salmon....he was a right fans favourite haha. Did he even like playing for us?

Bob Bolder!
  • Good on him.
    The magic of sport is making the impossible possible.
  • Good on him.
    The magic of sport is making the impossible possible.

Until it becomes really impossible...
  • Absurd(istan)
  • Sponsored links:

• DanDavis said:

Mike Salmon....he was a right fans favourite haha. Did he even like playing for us?

but we did get a great comedy radio moment when the commentator said ' he's looking a bit green around the gills'

• Got to love Hendo, great to have him back.
  • The big question is though, has Henderson actually got a tattoo from that Bexleyheath tattoo place that sponsors his shirt?
  • I hope we do push on up the league. Maybe RD will be thinking 'what if....' and regretting not strengthening earlier. Maybe then he will do his best to sign Bulut, and then Cousins and Gomez on longer contracts and make a real attempt next season.
  • last game of the season against Bournemouth at the Valley could/might be very interesting :smile:
  • Nothing wrong with Scott Carson.
  • If he's talking about the play-offs, I can only assume he took a bang to the head during the second half.
  • if we won all 11 remaining games, we'd have 78 points, which has been enough for the last several seasons for play offs

but

a) all 11? seriously?

b) total needed looks like it might be higher this year
  • 75 is often enough so we can lose one. Maybe two as 72 has got a fair number in. I think 69 is the lowest total.
  • Over the last ten seasons, 68 was the lowest total and 75 was the highest. 72.7 is the average.
  • Sponsored links:

• There you go - so we probably need to win 9 out of 11. Easy!
  • This is proper mid table stuff. A few wins, we look to the skies. (Quite) a few defeats, we want the owner to sell. A few wins, it's back to the play offs! I never thought I'd say it, but I kinda miss the 90s when the highs and lows were a little less extreme. Although right now, I'm thinking...didn't we win most of our last ten games in '98...?
  • I am pretty certain play-offs are out of the question, you usually need at least 70 points, we have 45. With 11 games left, we need at least another 25 points, at least 8 wins, with perhaps a couple of draws, and that will not guarantee 6th place. I know Reading to a late surge when they went up, but this surely is out of the question. But wouldn't it be good to be near it after the season we have had.
  • Highly unlikely but it is something to aim at. To be honest it's good to be even thinking about this when you look at where we were only 3 weeks ago.
  • Was it not Sasa's first game, away at Stoke, that started the run to the playoffs? Also, does anyone know what our average points per game with and without Hendo?
  • edited March 2015

Was it not Sasa's first game, away at Stoke, that started the run to the playoffs? Also, does anyone know what our average points per game with and without Hendo?

It was. Think he went on a run of clean sheets as well. Won us games single handed, literally, like Ipswich away.
  • Was it not Sasa's first game, away at Stoke, that started the run to the playoffs? Also, does anyone know what our average points per game with and without Hendo?

It was. Think he went on a run of clean sheets as well. Won us games single handed, literally, like Ipswich away.
    Best performance that I have ever seen by a keeper was the 0-0 at Brum on the last day of that season...Illic was immense that day.
  • I can see it now. We push on, go mad and win the next 10 games. Then on the last day of the season we lose 1-0 to Bournemouth - scored, of course, by Monsieur Kermorgant and miss out on the play-offs....