Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What to expect: Forest

2»

Comments

• Or maybe the chairman was picking the team at Bolton?
  • did Gardner get pressed out the game I see he got subbed. Great win with the injuries.
  • Where was this incredible rejuvenated attacking NFFC we were all expecting last night?

Thought forest looked very one dimensional with a lot of ball retention amongst their back 4 but not much else.
    Only time we were unduly bothered was when Antonio got on the ball.
    Can't think of them carving out many clear cut chances after Bullot's 2nd goal.
  • edited March 2015

did Gardner get pressed out the game I see he got subbed. Great win with the injuries.

He played some nice passes but sat too deep in my opinion. Osbourn impressed me more.
  • edited March 2015
    Excellent and intelligent comments Taktiek.
    I thought you were one of the best teams, to come to The Valley, this season.
    For me, that was a top 6 performance & you were a tad unlucky, coming up against us, in our best spell for years.
  • Forest were definitely dangerous in wide areas, but had nobody central to exploit the space left by us doubling and tripling up on Antonio.
  • Taktiek said:

Thought it was a good game.

You pressed us and we struggled to deal with it. At times for some reason you stopped pressing us and we got on-top, but whenever you pressed you were in control.

As I mentioned, I thought our two central defenders are our weak link and a stupid foul by Lascelles for your first goal and your second goal came from the marauding full-back I mentioned... Second half you tripled up on Antonio and marked him out the game. Was a very poor performance from our side of things, wasteless in possession and went nowhere. A lot of our players looked fatigued, especially in wide areas.

Your tripling up on Antonio frustrated him and you don't want a frustrated Antonio because he does things like he did in the 90th min when you had the ball in the corner for about 3 mins.

Good luck for the rest of the season fellas.

Jarman said:

Where was this incredible rejuvenated attacking NFFC we were all expecting last night

I never claimed we are an incredible team, but we have scored 20 goals in our last 6 games so that suggests we have been prolific going forward (and if Fryatt didn't have an off day it might have been more). I just highlighted who would be dangerous given a platform to play from.
    Thought Forest looked a good team but just lacked a cutting edge. I liked the look of Fox, who was very solid and especially good in the air. We had to be at our near best to grind out the result and it was a good game between two decent teams.
  • Thanks for coming on Taktiek, and especially for coming back. Good even game and as others have mentioned you perhaps caught us at the wrong time when we ourselves have rediscovered the benefits of attacking! The right back (Wilson) who let Antonio in for your goal and then set up our second is generally our understudy to Chris Solly, who struggles to play Saturday and Tuesday in quick succession. We have very high hopes for Joe Gomez who moved from CB to RB at half time to cover Antonio. He's still 17. With both teams realistically staying put for another season it'll be interesting to see how things unfold between now and our next meeting. Good luck.
  • Thanks Taktiek, always good to hear the well thought out views from the opposition fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    Thought they were a decent side but was surprised by how dirty they were. I would say they were the nastiest team we have played at the Valley for quite a while. Maybe that is a good thing as it can give you an edge. Antonio was on top of Wilson and decided to show him who was boss by barging him into the advertising boards. It was effective but should have been punished with a caution by the ref. Lansbury then did similar with Diarra and was punished but ref should have stamped it out before a potential serious injury. Another example of their edge was when their player was trying to make a point about Henderson time wasting before he even had a chance to time waste. I think he may well have done so but it was a bit ridiculous. Fox was lucky to stay on the pitch and Freedman took him off sharpish knowing he had narrowly escaped. Then there was the failure to give us the ball back following Vetokele’s injury.

The time wasting in the corner at the end was worse I think because Watt was a bit wound up by this. I was wound up by Forest’s approach, although they were a decent side. I don’t enjoy time wasting in the corner normally but enjoyed this because it was done well and they deserved to be wound up IMO. But I don’t suppose they go out to impress me and nor should they. But they are a nasty team on that showing.
  • edited March 2015
    It was Lansbury who was lucky to stay on & was subbed not Fox.
    If I was Forest I would have kept the ball from the throw in. Our player was injured and we chose to kick it off, so why should they give it back ?
    If their player was injured and we kicked it off, yes they should give it back (morally).
  • Antonio in the first 30 mins was probably the best player I'd seen in the Championship this season, credit to Luzon for changing the tactics to make sure he was neutralised for the remaining 60.